AF - daily, Sunday, February 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW cute little grand daughter Lav,...beautiful blue eyes. That is quite the dress. '

Yes, Pap they are cute little pugilists, tough as nails and dust each other on a regular basis. I love to watch them hang out in big flocks even though they argue and fight with each other like crazy. Det thats a 400mm yes, but its not mine, its Mr Kaslos. I have the lenses for florals and landscapes, and he has the lenses for birds. Some times we cross dress... ha ha. That bird as Pap knows, is about the size of the end of my thumb. And she was about 25 feet away, but shes tiny. Dark, quite a bit of grain. I dont usually shoot birds, and they are not easy.

Thanks for all the kind comments.
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Papmom, get up there and fight! ding ding! you go girl.

Lav what a darling you have there
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Holy Moly, step away from the computer for a few hours and come back to pages to sort through! It's great that there's so much support here. Unfortunately I won't remember what you all wrote!

Kaslo I saw your post earlier today but I swear that the photo wasn't there at the time! I love bird watching and have feeders set up in my backyard too. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of bird before around here, although we do have goldfinches. Great shot!

Lav the last time I saw a shot of Lily was around the holidays I think. She just gets cuter and cuter. I cannot believe the color of her eyes! Gorgeous!

Uni I am sorry for your loss, but AL isn't making it any better and it isn't taking your pain away. It's going to make your life worse in many ways. Don't use this as an excuse to drink please.

Choice well done on your weight loss, fitness, and new friends!

Blonde well done to you too for canceling your plans. It really sounds like the best thing to do.

Deter I'm also a huge fan of coconut oil and am drinking a cup of tea right now with some melted in it.

Papmom there's no harm in applying, is there? That sounds fabulous. I'd love to have a job that I could walk to! As it is I commute an hour both ways.

Comment

How did I mss this.. Papster, get goin!?!
          Kaslo

Comment

Well shoot, I forgot to post about me! I had a great night, drank lemonade and water at the party. My DH had several beers and it felt great to know that I could get behind the wheel of the car when the night was over and safely drive us home. My sister-in-law offered me wine several times, but it wasn't even difficult to say no. I didn't make an ass of myself, I feel great, and I had fun. What's not to love about being sober?

Comment

Well done Flyaway. It gets easier but there are tests. You did good!
              Kaslo

Comment

my heart goes to you, Uni

Uni,

You have good instincts ? look deep into your heart, avoiding the pain now is hard no matter what you do. Look for a shoulder to cry on and just give in into the pain, let it roll out with floods of tears.

When my grandma (dad?s mom) passed away at the ripe age of 99 you cannot say that it was a surprise to anyone. The accent on the funeral was more on keeping traditions than morning her loss. But I could see the pain in my dad?s eyes, he was trying to be strong , like he always was ? the pillar of the family. I took him to the chapel and told him to say good bye in his own way, like I felt that he wanted to (I held him as he sobbed like a child for an hour - and felt his pain so acutely and so much bigger than mine that I was crying with him and I am even crying now, as I am typing this). I was not myself for a week after that ? I was drained emotionally and physically but somehow it helped to accept the death and move on. It was quite possibly the most exhausting emotional experience I have been through. No one wants to voluntarily experience the pain, it goes against nature ? but this is what mourning is all about, no matter the culture or religion.

I wish I could do the same for you, I wish you find someone to hold you, but even if you don?t - just cry it out and allow yourself to feel the pain ? no matter how unbearable it may seem . Bottling it up just means it will explode later on. You are in mourning for the loss of a person you loved and loved you back ... No one expects you to get over it just like that, take your time .

Much love and understanding from me :l
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Before hopping over to today's thread, I wanted to say, Uni, that I didn't get home until late last night. Read your post then. I am so sorry for you. I drank my way through my father's death, drinking gin from a water bottle as I sat in the nursing home while he died. I was alone when he passed, and thought the AL helped. Wrong!! I was numb, alright, but left with all the grief and guilt after. I know you understand this, and I hope you can get to see your therapist today.
                  Kas, Fly is right--the photo wasn't there when I first read the post. But it sure is beautiful!! Love birds and we are lucky to get a number of them here at the feeders.
                  Lav, what a beautiful little girl!! As everyone else has said--those eyes!!!! I'm sure that she is just as sweet as she looks!!
                  Pap3--oh, I am so happy that you have a chance at a new job!! That is really the best news of the day! Fingers and toes crossed!
                  Over to Monday's thread now!
                  TDN
                  "One day at a time."

Comment

Papmom! Good luck on the new gig! I really hope it pans out for you! Keep us posted!

Lav, what a beautiful little girl! Love the dress! And yes, it does match her eyes!

Hi to everyone! I'm in a bit of a rush as I've got to get off to work. Monday Monday.

Love to all!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Working...
                    X