Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday January 20th

Happy Saturday to you all in Absville!

My it is a good day to be here, isn't it! So much honesty! Hey ,if we can't be honest here , where can we be?
    We ALL know that this is a struggle...if it wasn't, we wouldn't be here. Abs is a goal.....One day or 100....No one is here to judge anyone else. Walk in my shoes kind of thing!

Lisa.....house work so early!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr as Kathy and Becca would say! Good talking to you yesterday!

Becca......I totally understand about the tracker count...I HATE to put anything there but a 0 also! You're doing great...Look how far you've come!

I'm not a morning person ....until about noon! My hubby is waiting on me to come out side right now and get strawberry rows ready for new plants... Grrrrr again!

We went out to eat last night and saw the movie Dream Girls. Good movie! Made me want to get up and dance...didn't though as that would have embarrased hubby to death!

Need to run for now.
    :h to all
    Nancy
    AF 18
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Hi
      I have been told that it's OK to compute for a while.

Love you all.
      see you tomnrrow.
      :l :l

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Day 24

Happy weekend everyone.

Enjoyed reading all the positive thoughts on this thread today.

Accountable: have always related to your postings, keep letting it all out.

New girl, 8 days is fantastic, I am sure you wake up every day feeling a little better, just look how far you have come.

Have just read a really insightful post from Mike up north (long term Abs) 4 months today, what an inspiration he is. Really worth checkng out.

Best wishes to everyone here in absville, hope you all have a good, healthy, happy weekend.
        Changeling

Comment

Saturday January 20th

I knew i liked Becca, (i.e. "Go Colts!)
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Hi All,

Accountable, maybe it's just that you're becoming more aware of yourself now and experiencing yourself in new ways, because I've never experienced you as agressive or out to lunch. I do understand that you might be having a hard time expressing what you are feeling these days, but you make sense to me.

Becca, thanks for your honesty. I know that it is hard to be honest, but even harder to hide. It is a relief to come clean. I'm glad you did!

Lori, I don't necessarily think that you are getting too careless or sure of yourself. But the cravings can come out of nowhere it seems and really surprise you. You did the right thing by getting out of the room and worrying about not being too complacent.

Way to go, ducky, on 25 days!

Congrats on 30 Seabreez!

Great to see you, Nancy! Did Belle help with the strawberries?

Anyway, I did buy a bottle of AF wine made called Ariel Merlot. It's not too bad, compared to others I've tried. Of course, I had to try it right away. It tastes like watered down wine. I am concerned that it might make me want the real thing, but it's a good thing to know about if I get invited to a party or something. I'm saving the rest for the Saint's game tomorrow. I'll report back then.

Anyway, I've got to get to work on my piles of papers.

Hugs,

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Hi everyone. Made it through a tough Friday night. Wow, day 6 for me. Last time I went two weeks AF and it was a lot easier. I think it's harder this time around because I know that I am doing this for real.

I start welling up with tears for no reason each day, not sure why, probably just chemicals in my brain adjusting. Hoping this gets easier day by day (I know it will).

6-7 years of hard drinking can't be fixed in a week, that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm a little worried about Sun-Wed nights because my wife will be away on business. PLEASE, I keep telling myself, DO NOT DRINK.

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Andy,

stick close to the boards here while your wife is away. Is there a project or something you can start or do to keep you occupied? Let us know when the going gets tough... we're here for you. Stay focused.

hugs, Olly

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Thank you all for your wonderful words. I am going through a bit of a 'sober slump' I guess. This whole getting to know yourself again is truly difficult, as I am sure many of you know. Don't really know if I am coming or going half the time LOL! Thanks for your understanding and being kind through my paranoia!!! You are a truly amazing group of people.

And on the same note: My dad called me this morning and asked me why I am acting all paranoid.... Go figure eh! It must be par for the course. Part of the healing process.

Lots of love,
                  Accountable

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Helllo to all...day 11 for me can hardly believe it myself!! hope you are all in fine form today....you certainly deserve to be....well done chicks and chickessess...me thinks we deserve applause!!! x x x x x
                    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Saturday January 20th

Olly;85962 wrote: Andy,

stick close to the boards here while your wife is away. Is there a project or something you can start or do to keep you occupied? Let us know when the going gets tough... we're here for you. Stay focused.

hugs, Olly
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X