AF Daily : Thursday March 1st 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: I agree with what PapMom said about WANTING to be sober instead of HOPING for it. I think this has made a huge difference in my AF way of life now. I really WANT sobriety and am not leaving anything to chance. Thanks Papmom for your wisdom.
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

thanks Blonde! I was hoping I didn't come across too preachy.

My god but you are gorgeous and glowing! Thanks for the pic and I can't believe that is a gluten free cake!! I have a friend in swampscott who has to be gluten free as well and is always looking for recipes. Can you PM me that one for her?

I'm doing the Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com program and they do go by calories. I have tried no carb/low carb before and just can't tolerate it. I will try somehow to incorporate the EVCO into my plan. Actually I just upped my calories to 1300 from 1200. Of course, if I would stop eating those damn frosted cookies at nite the EVCO would fit in just fine! They are gone now and won't be coming back in the house. I put the EVCO in my tea this morning. I couldn't really taste it but I'm still congested. I will use it in my tea tonite as well as a sub for the cookies. Its 10 oclock and I'm a little hungry but will drink some water to kill it.
      Question about the ACV. I have taken it straight twice now (1 tsp per serving) and while I like getting it over with, it burns going down!! How can that be if it is alkaline not acidic? I don't want to ruin my eso lining or bring on barrets disease!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good Morning Fabber Abbers,

And so many fabber abbers here new and veterans. Great to see.

Sausage. Great job getting the first week behind you. It starts with one day, one week, one month, one year...well you get the picture. My experience was that it was one foot in front of the other during the early days and weeks but then the weeks and months fly by as you begin to experience the world in a different way without the cloud of alcohol hanging over you.

Shue. Oh, you are so right about dealing with issues head on once you are sober. the problems certainly don't go away when you stop drinking, you just don't drink to cope with them. I too coped with everything by drinking and there were a lot of things I was able to deny because of it. It was so hard and overwhelming to deal with initially but oh the growth and strength I have experienced over the long-term as a result is incredible. I have said before that I have grown up more over the past 4 years than all of my previous years combined.

Pap3. Just talked to friends in NH. They are getting a HUGE dump of snow there today.

And yep, I agree. There can be no "hope" in the journey of becoming a sober person. You have to really want it with your heart and soul. "I hope I can do it" leaves the back door open. "I will do it" and "I can do it" slams the door in the face of the beast we call alcohol.

Well, that is my soap box for the day. Off to get some work done.

Blondie....YUM!

Be well everyone.
        M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

me me me me me again, I'm an awful yoke, promise I'll be giving as much as I'm getting as soon as I'm back on a genuinely steady foot

But been reading over posts of people who have similar sobriety to me and they seem a hell of alot more chirpy, the vibe is not as heavy. My question is from reading my posts, does it come across as if I have a bad outlook or attitude on the whole lot of it, would you suggest a change in attitude, is it ok to be positive despite everything? I feel trapped and defined by my past

PS. I want (am not just hoping for) sobriety
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

ps love the the cake Blond, very impressive
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hi everyone

Wow BlondeAFAmbition - I just LOVE that cake !!! Thank you so much - would just love a slice! Sadly I'm no-where near Coastal New England ( coastal Scotland!) to drop by. Great of you to think of me! You have inspired me to make a GF cake for the weekend!

I was feeling really low just now - til I read the thread and saw the cake which fortunatley cheered me Up. It's a beautiful mild sunny spring day and all I can think of is a glass of wine!! I'm struggling and its 5 hrs away before I can truly celebrate 7 full days.

No Willow, not possible to go out tonight (Mr Sausage home tomorrow night - works away all week which is one of the reasons why i drank to occupy the evenings as i struggle with the kids on my own all the time ) However I did my exercise for the day - swam about 35 lengths this am. You have inspired me with Twilight though, have read 1st book but not watched DVD yet , which I bought recently. Might watch this, this evening.

Mom of 3 - you inspire me ( I remember you from when I was trying to quit before) I just hope it does get easier. I want to get fitter too. I used to run marathons when I didn't drink much, but I need to tone up and loose about 10lbs.

I'll be back later - hi to everyone else, I know without this thread I would be drinking,

Take care all

Sausage x
              Day 7 *******

Comment

don't give in Sausage, I'm routing for you, it'll be a nice mark to hit the week, hang in there

Comment

PapMom-the vinegar...if it is too much for your to take straight...just mix with water like you were doing before...that way you get more water intake too! It is proven that Vinegar, to what it contrary tastes like, is alkaline. Weird, I know. People actually come into the store for ACV pills for that very reason, to alkalize their system for it is better to be alkaline than acidic.

Good for you on the diet in general. What works for some does not always work for others as we see over and over on MWO...lol. For me, calorie counting was such a chore and I had immediate success with low carb. But whatever floats yer boat, right? In the end, it is just a way to get healthier and more in shape and that is what counts. If you like the taste of coconut, once your tastebuds get back to normal, try tasting it straight off the spoon. I love it. Just count it into your daily intake. On the plus side, it is very satiating and does the trick for me if I am craving something sweet, although it doesn't have any sugar in it. Good luck and let me know how you like it!

Hey Sugarbeat, sorry you are still feeling low. I hope you had a chance to read my reply to your post last night on the other thread in this section as I sent you a big group hug from all of us!! RC posted a fantastic link in the General Discussion board which I will repost here because it is absolutely great and you should for sure check it out Sugarbeat, because one of the 30 things is not hanging onto the past:

30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself - StumbleUpon

Thanks RC for posting, I have it saved in my "good stuff" file

Ok, gotta get my arse in gear as they say. Housework, gym, bank, grocery shopping (eeeekkkkk, I'm OUT OF SELTZTER!!!!:upset Must stock up NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

Sausage...STAY OFF THE SAUCE! We are all routing for you! Have s'more cake. Let's plan on meeting back here later to hear about what you did wonderful today INSTEAD of drinking. I may have to start spewing strawberries if I hear that you had a glass of wine. And we all don't want spewed strawberries across the screen, do we?!

Comment

No that would be awful!! I'd best stay sober just now!!

Will report back later

x

Comment

OMG, Blondie ... That cake looks scrumptious ... And so do you.

Sausage, yes, routing for you honey !!!!
                        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Just to say this forum is absolutely brilliant, I can actually see how I'm progressing or not, how my moods are etc its a super way of looking at yourself and seeing what needs to be worked on wether you see it yourself or someone else points it out to you, I'm impressed

and Sausage still thinkin of u, we'll have a 7 day pary later

Comment

I'm here sober biotches! Hee hee hee!:H I made it through a kinda rough evening, and am on day 8, lay them straight! ha ha!

Blonde, is that a low-carb cake? Wowsa! I might go overboard with that in front of me, lol. Beautiful!

Sausage, I understand the cravings...Last night I lay awake for a while thinking, where is my reward? What do I have to look forward to? Work, home, sleep. Yuck! I can muddle through the grind, if I can get to the sweet reward of a drink at night (my AL thoughts were taking over)... Today, I am stronger, but that thought nags. I could argue the point against my thoughts as I'm sure all of you can and will (lol), but AL thoughts aren't always logical (are they ever?), but they still resonate.

So, anyway, it's a downward slide to the weekend, and with or without AL, I'm definitely looking forward to it!! Happy Thursday Everyone!

PS. Just thought about the silly bar marketing slogans...Thirsty Thursday!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Dear everyone on Fabstinence Abberinum. Greetings one and all. Sugarbeat (love your name), if you are really struggling with anger and problems, I am pretty sure you know its detoxification that is really driving a lot of it. When you take alcohol away from your body, it can do some mean shit to you. So like everyone says here, be very kind to yourself. Protect yourself as much as possible, and listen to the calm rational part of your brain that is telling you to calm down, hydrate with water and healthy fluids. I dont know if y'all new folks know, but Im actually a pathologist / toxicologist with some experience with liver toxity in mammals, and for the year I quit, I read a ton of stuff on this topic. I joke around a LOT but im a respected and published scientist (mostly in the fields of plant ecotoxicology), Im not a doctor though, so I defer to them and recommend you actually do see a physician, if you havent already. Unfortunatly DG is not here much right now because she is studying for a degree in the topic. Greeneyes, Momof3, Turnagain, Lav, LV and Pap and a whole bunch of us on here are very knowledgeable. Very wise, as well. So here is my advice directly to you, because you are the one I am most worried about, although the relapse rate early on in quitting is very high...so

Write down the reason why you drink
                              Write down the main triggers that make you go and get the alcohol, thats the pre-drinking phase, its usually bullshit you tell yourself, but I will let you be the judge of that...
                              Think all of that over a bit, then....
                              If its all snarled up in other people try to sort out the part that is about YOU

THEN make a list of how many six ways from Sunday you hate alcohol
                              Its long
                              Itemize

Thats a start... Keep those written lists with you everywhere you go.

Learning the triggers, learning the means of dealing with the triggers, and giving yourself the TOOLS to get through them to the otherside and remain in one sober condition, eventually all the huge pile of goo that is in your system, the brain chemistry, the blood replacement, the tissue healing...all the physiology of recovery will start to pay big dividends in your Sobriety Bank.

Trust me.

Also....Dont be afraid to read about the various forms of chemical herbal natural ways of getting through the first few months, yes months, of detox.

Okay now for a Kaslo report, I have acute sinusitus and bronchitis, and the drugs they gave me seem to be working pretty good. Prednisone, Ratio-cotridin, Nasonex and Amoxicillin Clavulin. So my huge coughing fits have stopped, and Im drying out! Yay! Hang me up on the line!

Sure glad I am not trying to recover, whist still nipping at the wine (for in the kitchen while cooking, then during supper only of course, then after supper, yada yada.) Yes its true we really are the only ones who know whats really going on, and there is NO BULLSHIT here.

Love you all. Yesterday for fun I worked up a photo from an icicle series I shot. This is called ...."Sinusitis" ha ha. What else? I have to stick with my theme.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

:yay: I'm a week AF myself. This was a long week for some reason.. feels funny to have spent so much time in MWO again. Such a great place. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X