Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Little Experiment

Kathy,

Haven't thought of drinking "pretend" wines or beers. I am to afraid that it would make me want the "real" thing. For now, tea (hot or cold) is the only thing I can handle. Plus, I want everyone who knows I quit drinking that I even remotely thinking of having a drink.
    Abby

Comment

My Little Experiment

I used to drink the non alcoholic stuff. It's an easy way to break the habit of drinking everyday. At first you may need something to get you through the "ritual". Eventually I would get tired of it, cause it tasted like crap,and quit drinking that also. It's all a matter of time.

Comment

My Little Experiment

Nancy, drinking the non alcoholic drinks can be an issue..there are a lot of AA people that would say no..mainly because some of them still contain a small percentage. I think you just have to observe your mind...I agree that the Fre is awful, but there are some good champagnes and I like to drink O'Dules in the summer..I did drink some of these thinks before I actually started drinking the real stuff again after years of abstinence, but I wouldn't say that the drinks were responsible for my decision to resume..I think they can be as easily used as a transition away from alcohol abuse as much as they could be a transition into it...we can certainly 'use' anything the way we want to eventually.

hello Dianne with two 'n's'...
        Namaste,
        Dianne

Comment

My Little Experiment

Oh yes....yesterday a single bag of Kruncher's kettle chips almost forced me to the wine store. No kidding.

Mags

Comment

Working...
          X