AF-daily, Saturday March 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick check-in from work. Wanted to say hi, stay strong, and let you know that I'm thinking about you all and sending you strength. I feel great and am loving my life. Hopefully I'll have more time tonight. :h

Comment

Sugarbeat.

The number one thing you have to focus on now is BELIEVING IN YOURSELF-- that you can do this and life will get better. I will get better. It is not easy initially. The only way to repair any relationship where you feel you have let others down is to prove them different. There's no instant fix. It takes time. That's why it is so important to love yourself and take care of yourself through this. For me, it has been the toughest and most rewarding journey in my life. Stay busy, stay in ACTION, don't dwell. Big :l and big :h Most of us feel a huge void in our lives once we quit drinking (because our lives revolved around alcohol). Hence, we have to begin the work of creating a new life one step at a time. First small steps, then goals....then eventually big dreams. There are many of us veterans here who have some solid AF time behind us such as Greenie, DG, Kas, P3, Lav, LVT, Marshy to name a few. Take a look through our old threads and see how our stories have evolved.

Gorgeous photo Shue.

Hello to all.
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

PS. Thanks Kas and Det for all of the great info on nutrition and liver disease.

Fyi, In all of my years of very heavy drinking, my liver enzymes were always normal. However, I had many of the symptoms such as water retention that have since gone away.
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Happy Saturday! Day 10 here! It's raining like hell, but every day looks sunny without AL. Happy to be here. Love to all.:l

Thanks for the gorgeous ski slope photo Shue! I wish I were there. Can't ski at all, but you could teach me.:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Good evening,

Just turning in to say hi, I truly enjoyed today - skiing with no mulled wine, lunch without a drink, the driving range without the beer at the golf club and the dinner without wine.

FlyAway;1273389 wrote: I feel great and am loving my life. :h
            Fly, awesome!!! I am so happy for you!
            TND - something you said about Being in the moment, enjoying the evening - that clicked.
            Sausage, great going!,
            Steady - so nice to see you here
            Sugar - feeling low comes with the territory, I know it is different for all, for me the lows lasted about 3 weeks the first time I quit and I think of myself as the happy sort.
            Kaslo - I hope you get you sinuses and poetic licence back on
            Blondie - my hair dryer seems very boring now
            My life, Lgirl - something about skiing just makes me happy

PaP, Mo3 Lav - and whoever I missed, sorry and I wish you a nice Sat night
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Ho hum day got better when the blue-eyed Lily & her parents turned up unexpectedly for a visit
              She walked all over my house - big change since her last visit here!
              Hope I am forgiven for not going to my DIL's karate tournament (just wasn't in the mood):H

Absolutely nothing else going on in Lav's world.....

Hope everyone has a nice evening!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening Abbers.

Just sitting around watching TV tonight. Lav, happy to hear you got to spend time with your granddaughter. Sounds like time to move all the knick knacks to a high shelf!

Have a nice Saturday evening all!

Comment

weeeeeeeee! Had an absolutely stellar day hiking and shooting in the scenic Sierra mountains with an AF friend. wading down the sunny mountain waist-deep powder and taking in a scene worthy of a postcard. glorious!

Sugarbeat, sorry you're down. AL stressed my marriage very badly and I'm just so grateful that my dear Dx is so hard headed that she stood by my dumb ass until I got myself AF and well. hang in there!

yep, the only way I'm eating organ meat is also by way of pate'. this morning i had yesterdays discussion on my mind and ended up eating a 1/2lb of pate' for breakfast. oink! and felt stellar all day.

Kas, you feeling up to some poetry?

Papmom, any word on the alternate job opportunity?

must download camera and see if any of my snow pictures came out from today. Shue has inspired me.

ok peeps, be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

here's the south shore of Frenchman Lake, CA
                    in the summer it's fun to paddle the canoe, in winter....photos are more appropriate!

nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

oops, that was the wrong picture and i deleted the right one. d-uh!

think it's time to warm up the French press.....
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

That's OK Det ~ pretty picture anyway :H
                        Glad you had a great day!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

great pic det-no matter what it is!!

No word yet on job opps.
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Greetings, Fabbinis!

Ok, if anyone is going to tell me again how pretty snow is, I'm going to blow 2 1/2 gaskets!

This is what we woke up to this morning:

Took us 3 hours with a big 4-wheel tractor to dig ourselves out of this mess :upset:

Aaaaand... the power went out around midnight last night. Came back on at 9:50pm today. So, we got to do the pioneer thing for the day. It's MARCH! Somebody didn't get the memo!

But the birdies were quite happy when I filled up their feeders. That part I liked!

That is all. Have a good night, everyone!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good night my friends. I hope the Sleep Fairy makes her way around tonight.

Comment

Aw Sunni - so sorry about all the sn_w.
                                Nice pics though
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X