Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Good morning all,
    It is good to hear how well you are all doing. Yes, and where is Paul this morning - he must have slept in.
    I am starting day 23 (TwentyThree) of AF.
    Cashy, Oirishlaidy, Olly, HiddenGem, Bear, Ilex, Newgirl, Becca, Lucky, Fan, Athlete, Kizziecat and all yet to come, have another wonderful day. Hope I didn't forget anyone.
    Love Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Day 9 AF. Doing well. Busy day at work; might be able to post a little more later on. Seeing my therapist tomorrow for my weekly appt. If you guys and girls don't have one. I'd strongly recommend it. If you get the right kind of professional he/she can be very motivational.

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Becca! I love the Bear in the big blue house!!
        Also Madame Blueberry fron veggie tales! If I could find a picture of her it would be my avitar! I have to agree with Scott on the "loser" comment....sorry girl...it just makes me sooooo blue! Our "problem" only makes us a "loser" if we know we have a problem and don't take any steps to correct it!
        You're doing great....grab those boys and have a snuggle night alone with them while they will still let you!

All is well down here on the "funny farm".
        Went for a walk yesterday afternoon with hubby. He had a glass (cup....several) of wine in his hand. Had a battle in my brain but I won. It makes me mad when he drinks because......he makes nasty remarks (veiled) about my memory and is just generally sarcastic. Do you think he feels guilty for drinking in front of me?
        Well they say if adversity doen't kill you, it will make you stronger!

Some very good advice on today's thread!
        Much :h to all.
        Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Evening all
          I was very busy this morning so I couldn't get on the comp.
          Day 3 for me.
          It's good to see so many cheery posts today.

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Good Morning everyone here in Abbsville,
            This is my little reward everyday reading about everyone's success. Busy day for me as well, high maintenance customers!!! Day 16 AF...... Hope everyone has a wonderful and non-stressful day and evening.
            xoxxo
            Abby

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Day 27

Will be 4 weeks tomorrow.
              I can hardly beleive it.....would never have managed it without the support here.
              Also the dread of having to start counting from 1 again.

Choosing to stop drinking has been an enormous step for me but it was one that at last I was ready to take.
              Now I am busy trying to build a new life that has no room for drinking or drunking.

I was so unhappy with many things:-
              the way drinking made me feel
              the way I behaved when I was drunk
              blackouts
              lack of control over my drinking
              the physical after effects of drinking excessively
              memory loss

I have gone a whole month without any of the above, and I can't tell you all how good it feels.
              I wake up feeling happy - there is simply no contrast with the way I have felt almost every morning for the last few years.

I so want to share these positive feeling with everyone here, and hope many are feeling the same.
              Best wishes to everyone
              Changeling

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

I'm really pleased for you Changeling, and Abby and everyone else who's making it today.

Well Done!

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

hi all
                  do'nt post very often but still on track..............day 16 for me.......great to hear you're all doing really well toooooo

dave

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

awesome davy!
                    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

New Girl/Victoria, I just want to give you a special "atta girl", or should it be: You go Girl! Cuz, you really do. Wow.
                      I am so happy with all you've achieved in the past 2-3 weeks... I remember your first posts. Anyway, I think it's great that at your tender young age you have such wisdom and forsight to get a handle on the alcohol thang.. and brave enough to be completely honest with your boyfriend. I'm so impressed!
                      Olly

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Thanks Olly!
                        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Evening all.
                          I just posted my '0' for today in the DrinkTreacker. I was delighted to see all those zeros in one line. All those days with only one day of drinking. Not perfect, but not bad either.
                          I'm sorry for being such a grouch the other day. It's amazing how much better you can feel after a couple of drink free days.
                          Someone posted a couple of days ago about staying sober not being the answer to all of life's problems and worries. I have to agree. But having your wits about you while dealing with life in general certainly makes it that much easier.
                          I was reading some of the posts in the 'your story' section earlier. There is some heartbreaking stuff there. Most of the posts that I read were from people that I have 'met' here. I was struck by the positive attitude that prevails now, compared to the uncertain, sometimes shy and nervous posts of only a few months ago. I was also struck by the number of people who have came here for a while and not been back. I hope they are doing OK.
                          Anyway, thanks for letting me rabbit on.
                          I'll be back tomorrow.

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

thanks newgirl

davy................................

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

Hi All....Just a quicky hello!
                              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Tuesday Jan 23rd

I was listening to my radio on the way home from work, and a song came on the radio called "wasted" by Carrie Underwood, If you have not heard this song, no matter what type of music you listen to, i suggest you listen to it, i will not explain why, you will understand when you hear it. It is very moving, just trust me and listen to it.

Victoria
                                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X