AF Daily - Wednesday, March 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, just want to give you a big huge mossive thank you for yesterday, you were all brilliant, and I'm trying to put the advise into action

Wishing you all a great AF day
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Good morning Sugar and all the rest of you wonderful peeps to visit,

Sugar, no one is perfect or goes through this process in the same way. Do your best and tackle each day as it comes.

I am up way too early but at least not hung over or filled with guilt.I've officially made it 2 weeks! My daughter and I were watching a show last night and she said "oh we've already seen this one." I felt sick, as I do not remember it whatsoever. That was a big reminder how I do not want to spend my evenings. I'm off to caffeinate myself. I know, I know but one thing at a time....
    Have a loverly day all.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, Sugar and all to come today!

Sugar, you are doing really well! Just remember--one day at a time! The longer you stay sober, the more trust you'll gain from your mother. I'm sure it is not easy living with your parents, but just focus on your own recovery. I really do tell myself that every day.
      Thanks for all of you for asking about Bud. I had to feed him ice cream with pumpkin yesterday a.m., but then he ate some liver I'd just cooked, then some freeze dried food. Also he ate some healthy treats. Ate liver for dinner last night. Not sure about this a.m. But it is our old boy, Rusty, whom I am really worried about. He has hip displaysia--we knew that when we adopted him ten years ago, and has been on Chinese herbs, etc. all along. Has been limping more and more and has a slow growing cancer in his right leg. He has also started coughing more and more, and our vet explained it as something in his throat that can shrink as they age. She was going to try and open it when he had his teeth cleaned last fall (I wasn't happy about that), but decided to leave it alone. He has a really hard time getting up form the wooden or tiled floors. Yesterday when we came in late afternoon, he fell trying to get up and didn't seem to want to get up. Finally got him up, and he was coughing--almost like clearing his throat--a lot. I am going to call the vet today. He takes Rimadyl for pain and arthritis. I know it's a gift to have a dog who'll be 15 next month, but he is just the sweetest boy. It seems so unfair that our pets can't live as long as humans.
      Lav, those pics of flowers are beautiful! I'll be helping at the flower shop today, and it feels like spring in there!
      Can't wait to set the clocks ahead this weekend!
      Kas, hope you are getting back to normal. Greenie, you get better, too!
      Sunni, hope those boys are behaving--and not farting
      Blondie and Pap3, I love the coast of Maine! Have a friend who owns an inn outside Wiscasset and used to visit when I was on the road. Called on a nice pet supply shop there--new owner now has three shops on the coast-and remember hearing about the "famous" people who shopped there in the summer! And I used to spend quite a bit of time hunting out the bargains at the Goodwill shop there!!! Brand new clothing for incredible prices! I can't remember visiting the Seashell shop (is that the name) but I'm sure I did! Spent more time shopping than selling many days, LOL!!
      Okay, time ot get moving as I am leaving by 8:30.
      Will check in later. Hope everyone has a great AF day!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi, Almost.
        Cross post, but wanted to say:goodjob: on two weeks!!! Fantastic!! So happy for you!
        I had many of those episodes of not remembering having seen a tv show or movie. MANY! No more of that for me!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Thanks three dog! I'm feeling good. I didn't even have to jump off a building to get in my jeans yesterday. Progress! You're always an early bird like me. I'm always cross-eyed by 10 pm though. Have a great day! Love to your doggies! I too wish our pets could last forever.

Lavande- beautiful pics!!!! I was born without a green thumb.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning all!

Sugar--Thanks for getting us started today. I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Almost--Congratulations on 2 weeks! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've mentioned having never seen a tv show or movie and then DH will say, "Yes we did..." How embarrassing. Btw, I tell everyone that I have a brown thumb. Any plant I touch dies.

TDN--I'm so sorry that your dogs are sick. I get so attached to my pets; it really hurts to lose them. Like losing a member of the family.

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I've got a late night tonight with work, but it's going to be a great day.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, Happy Humpday to everyone

I wish I could grow flowers as nice as they do at Longwood but......
              I just do my best & am happy with the results

Congrats on your 2 AF weeks Almost!
              Keep going, it's wonderful.
              Sugar, glad things are looking up for you.
              Greetings to Fly. TDN & all to come.

I'm off to Curves, will be back later. Have a great AF day!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Early Birds!

ALMOSTFAMOUS, we made it to 2 weeks!!! I'm really starting to see the light. I know it will be several months to really kick this thing but I love celebrating the small goals, don't you? I love have a buddy who is on the same day as me and also on the abbers section. Let's stick together and add another week this time next week!

Sugar, thanks for getting us off on the right foot! You are sounding better these days, hope you have a super day today

TDN: I have driven through Wiscasset, it is beautiful. All of the Coast of Maine is, really, but I loved that little town and would dig going there for a day to do some shopping, etc. Have you ever checked out the Maine dept store chain called Reny's? LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's a Maine classic! I read in DownEast Mag an article calling it Chez Rene. Funny. Anyway, if you are a bargain hunter like me, you prolly have stopped at a Reny's and if you haven't yet, I highly recommend it! Hope Buddy is feeling better!

Fly, good luck with work! Today is my first day off and it's gonna be busy. I will get my workout done this morning rather than wait till the afternoon cause I gotta go to the derm at 1:30 and that's a half hour away. Then I might do some shopping and then back home to see hubby before he goes to his part time job. Promised to make him dinner before he goes to teach his class...we're having turkey burgers...yum!

Have a great day everyone on here and yet to check in! I'll be on later!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Hi everyone, just in fromwork and first chance to check in. Almost congrats On 2 weeks, that's fantastic and Blondie a belated congrats for your 2 weeks. Like the idea of breaking it down into small goals. I'm almost at 2 weeks myself, my next goal will be 3, then a month etc although sometimes it scares me thinking too far ahead.

Sugar glad you are sounding more upbeat today, as I posted the other might I think it's rare we have two really bad days in a row, we just all have to keep positive and keep going.

Hi too to Lav, Fly and TDN and all to come. Hope you have a good AF free day.

I will look in again later but I'm going to be fairly busy these next few hrs with parents evening at school and then kids swimming in the evening.

See you later

Sausage x

Comment

Dang! Lost my post this morning then got really crazy in work ? this will continue all week. Got people from HQ here pretending to be important. :durn:

Catch you later sweeties.
                    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi all

Well dare I say, I'll on the up today nothing major, but think my attitude is changing a little, I know there will be more waves but for the moment I'm going to milk it
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning everyone, BIG CONGRATS to AlmostFamous for 2 weeks!! :goodjob: I dimly remember 2 weeks, as being quite a relief, I had made it that far, and I no longer felt really weak. I had lots of stuff to come, anger issues, yada yada, but making it to two weeks is a BIG DEAL and takes a lot of determination and grit, so well done Almost.

I also did not have MWO when I was at two weeks, it might have made a difference in my coping skills. But I was done, and I KNEW I was done, so thats the thing in my opinion. For me it wasnt a case of One Day at a Time. It was just get over it, period. I have a horse liver to thank for that. Long story.

Alla you other guys, Hi. How are yeh? Im fine. Well NOT fine, but saw the doc yesterday, and she told me I am officially sick as a dog. Thanks Doc. This I knew.

Lav, very nice photographs of lilies and Mecanopsis, have tried to grow that here. I could grow it in Victoria, but I seem to have lost my touch.

Sorry I am not doing a big hi how are you to everyone, I feel like there is a ten pound rock in my head.

There is a boulder
                        On my shoulder
                        It looks a lot like my own head
                        Then, however
                        I have never
                        Seen it looking quite so dead
                        I think Id like something nicer
                        Something without a gieser
                        Not throbbing
                        Or sobbing
                        Without the hint its been kabobbing
                        Skewers through and through
                        My nogging
                        Something like my head instead.

Ok thats all Ive got this morning. I thought I was going down to work yesterday, but ended up in bed ALL DAY. My report, I must, ....argggh.

Kaslo of the Frozen Snow.
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Cross post Sugar, this site makes us look like airheads when we dont know to respond to the previous poster because of course, we are blissfully ignorant.

MILK AWAY SUG! Your doing really well.

kas
                          Kaslo

Comment

Another night another AF business mixer ? guess what ? It was not so boring last night- met a few interesting people? the only snag is that I went grocery shopping after (dread, dread, dread) ? and got hungry by the time I was passing the wine tasting section ? did not cave, but had to soak all that drool into a freshly baked white roll. Yeew, I ate white bread ? well, something had to give. I find the low carb diet gives me cravings when I am caught out without a proper snack.

Pap - just to let you know that I took your advice, I organized the doggy blood collection and DHL for next week. And you are a total dear for the invite. Been to NY and Boston already? we?re only 3 so no mega mama RV ? and since we adore dogs ? might just make it. :thanks:

For sure we want to see Maine again ? I just love that part of the world . Dish out the recommendations, Blondie.

TND ? you are such a kind soul ? those doggies are lucky to have you.

Jessee from SAfrica ? nice to see someone form my side of the GMT

Lav ? that blue poppy is fantastic

Fly - yes we started around the same time last year ? just like you, I actually love my life (ain?t perfect but that would be boring). I suffered from brown fingers for a long time ? the only thing that survives in my house are the orchids ? actually I have some pretty good ones.

Sausage ? you sound better and better :l
                            Kaslo ? Hope the bolder on your shoulder catches a much needed break. It certainly does not seem to have messed up your poetic talents.

Turn ? hope to catch you again early AM, while I OD on caffeine .

Sunshine - how is the frozen TajMaHorse holding on?

Big hug ? off to dinner with VIPs (very important pricks ) from HQ - man, are they prissy!
                            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Talent? Nooo. Its an affliction. Shue-dear, I wish I could change places with you. To some extent. For many years I have endured scientist types in an administrative role (over my research contracts) and to a man (and occassionally woman) they are the worst box of farts you can imagine.

Here is a pix from my beach study I am writing. This makes it look really good, its actually a snoozer.

Kaslo

Comment

Working...
                              X