AF Daily - Saturday March 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning from the top of the mountain, Affies.

I've got my fog lights on ;-) (we're all up in a big cloud and it is sn#*ing).
    It is wonderful to wake up super early clear headed. Drove fast and got to the lift first.

Sausage, you'll have a fab birthday without AL, we are right behind you.

Later, dudes, got powder to get through.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Shue, did I ever tell you sobriety really suits you Sounds like you're going to have a super day

As for me, umm no point lying here, feeling like I'm on a low wave this morning, my silly actions came back looking for its pound of flesh again last night, just someone reminding me of how self destructive I was to myself during my drinking, don't get me wrong I wasn't a mean drunk, I was a sad lonely drunk and hid myself away with the phone off, leaving all those who cared about me worried, when I drank the last time I was so upset with myself and full of so much fear about others reactions to my relapse that I just couldn't face it and kept drinking to numb it. I just got reminded by someone last night about how horribe it was for them.

Looking back I was as mad and sad as a bag of spiders when I drank, but now I just want to move on geting stronger one day at a time, heavily weighed down by guilt again today, you never know when your going to get a reminder and I'm not strong enough yet not to let it affect me. oh what to do?

Affirmation about guilt and shame I am trying Guilt & Shame - Letting Go of Affirmations : I Want to Release All Need For Guilt and Punishment, Anger Story & Experience

PS Sausage is the birthday today or tomorrow?
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning to you rockin a-fers! I love my dog but did she REALLY have to wake me up at 4:30 am on a Saturday???! Apparently she did.

Shue- enjoy your snow filled day. You sound pumped! You have the perfect attitude to live in a colder climate.

Sugar- I'm sorry that some insensitive comments brought you down. People with more af time than I have will chime in. However, you are not THAT person anymore. You are working on yourself every single day and what more can a person do than that? I know it's hard and the truth does hurt, but if anything I'd use it as one more reason not to go back down that road. Chin up! You already know I'm rooting for you.

I'll be lurking later. I'm going pour some java and poke around the other threads.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Oh and Sugar- Sausage said her Birthday was Sunday.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi everyone...for some weird reason I cannot log on as Sidney so you will have to put up with me as Cozmo. My other cat's name, I am away for 10 days on vacation in Hilton Head and Charleston. So far the no Al is going great! Thank god for no al beer. It helps to have one at the end of a drving day when everyone one else is having a real beer. My travelling compainions are not big drinkers either. However I am glad to be able to check in here. Keeps me on the straight and narrow. Hope you are all doing well. I truly miss chat. Hope Turn is having a good vacation too.

Take care and thanks for being here...wherever I am. Sid
          Oh and this low counrty food is fabulous I am sure I will be as big as a house when I get back.

Comment

Sugar--Phew! When I first started reading your post I thought you were going to say you drank! Yay for you. Now, you're feeling badly about the past. So how can you change the past? What strategies do you have? What??? None? Of course you can't change the past and of course you were destructive and hurtful when you drank. Got it. Perhaps this person just needed to let you know that she/he was hurt. Or perhaps this person in some way is being made nervous by the perceived change of the status quo and is trying to put you back "in your place." Whatever the situation is, my answer the first time this happened would be, "You're right, I was destructive to myself and those I love. I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm not drinking any longer." If I were questioned a second time my answer would be more like, "Stop trying to make me feel bad. You've mentioned this before and I've apologized." Do you know what it's called when someone is hanging onto the past and trying to find ways to change it? It's called crazy. Because it's not going to happen. It's a waste of time, energy, and focus. Your focus needs to be on what you can do to improve your life, not on something that's impossible.

Comment

Good morning my lovelies!

Shue--Are you wearing your foglight earrings dahlink? Enjoy your day skiing.

Sugar--Sausage's dinner is tonight, her birthday is Sunday.

Almost--I've got a little kitty who likes to climb on top of me at all hours of the morning just to let me know she loves me.

Cozmo--I've always wanted to see Charleston. Heard the downtown area is beautiful. Enjoy your vacation and WTG on staying AF!

Comment

My head is finally starting to feel better although I do have a migraine "hangover." Just a disoriented, tired feeling I get after having a migraine. It may be a medicine hangover too. My little kitty is lying on my chest with her nose about 3 inches from mine, ready to give me mouth-to-mouth if necessary. :h I think today will be a slow day for me. If my headache stays at bay I'm going to try to get a workout in.

Comment

Hi Peeps!

Just a quick hello from me as I've gotta get my butt to the store to open at 8AM sharp! Woke up to lots of snow! WTF? Oh, I guess it's still March! Hope you all have a great day! Enjoy your skiing Shue and thanks for starting us off.

PS, Sober Saturdays ROCK!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Fly- great post to Sausage. Headaches are awful. Glad it's a bit better. Tell kitty to cooperate! Lol! Gotta love animals.

Blonde- welcome to day 18! Yippee!

Sid/cos- have a wonderful vacay. So glad to hear you're enjoy it af!
                    Ok, I'm going to write my reminder letter to myself now.
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Oh god, I'm so sad, carrying so much guit, my mother got the same reminder, she is all upset and nice to me one minute and not really talking to me the next, my Dad is givng out to me because my mam is sad, telling me i'm stuckin a rut and doing nothing for myself even though, I'm goin to aa meetings everyday, they don't know I'm writing here everyday too. I'm nearly 3 weeks sober but reckon I'd have be 10 years sober before I'll get any trust or respect back, when will this stop, I feel so alone and would love to take my mothers pain away, its all my fault
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hi everyone
                        Feeling a lot more positive than I did last night. Yes my birthday is Sunday but I am going out for dinner tonight. Am feeling quite positive about an AF birthday right now thanks to everyone on here.
                        I'll be back later.
                        Have a great AF day everyone

Sausage
                        Day 16

Comment

As for me, umm no point lying here, feeling like I'm on a low wave this morning, my silly actions came back looking for its pound of flesh again last night, just someone reminding me of how self destructive I was to myself during my drinking, don't get me wrong I wasn't a mean drunk, I was a sad lonely drunk and hid myself away with the phone off, leaving all those who cared about me worried, when I drank the last time I was so upset with myself and full of so much fear about others reactions to my relapse that I just couldn't face it and kept drinking to numb it. I just got reminded by someone last night about how horribe it was for them.

Looking back I was as mad and sad as a bag of spiders when I drank, but now I just want to move on geting stronger one day at a time, heavily weighed down by guilt again today, you never know when your going to get a reminder and I'm not strong enough yet not to let it affect me. oh what to do?

Affirmation about guilt and shame I am trying Guilt & Shame - Letting Go of Affirmations : I Want to Release All Need For Guilt and Punishment, Anger Story & Experience

Good morning, Sugar.
                          Hoping that I am doing the quote thing right. Boy, do I ever understand this! I also drank alone, and it progresses to drinking while driving, leading to two DUIs in six months. After the first one, I drank to numb my feelings, and hid it from everyone. This time I realized what kind of destruction that led me to, and knew I was done. I live every day with a reminder of the shame I caused, but I am avoiding the guilt. A book I read while in rehab, which was about the founder of another rehab facility, made the point that the family can undo in five minutes what it has taken the program five months to do. They will eventually try to sabotage our sobriety--most often unconsciously--and we have to avoid feeding into it. Very hard for us when we are not working and live 24/7 with the Trigger. I just keep telling myself that i must work on myself no matter what. I go to AA and come here and read a lot, too, and it helps.
                          So glad you are here!
                          :lTDN
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

sugarbeat;1277983 wrote: Oh god, I'm so sad, carrying so much guit, my mother got the same reminder, she is all upset and nice to me one minute and not really talking to me the next, my Dad is givng out to me because my mam is sad, telling me i'm stuckin a rut and doing nothing for myself even though, I'm goin to aa meetings everyday, they don't know I'm writing here everyday too. I'm nearly 3 weeks sober but reckon I'd have be 10 years sober before I'll get any trust or respect back, when will this stop, I feel so alone and would love to take my mothers pain away, its all my fault
                            So Sugar, you've done nothing for the past 3 weeks--no drinking. Things are okay at home. This person comes along, gets everyone upset, and this is your fault? No, I'd say this upset is this other person's fault. Don't accept responsibility for this.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's bright, sunny & chilly this morning - no snow, yay!

Sugarbeat - your Mom's low mood is her problem, not yours!
                              Do you live with your parents? Why are they in your face so much? Seems a bit ridiculous.......
                              Why don't you get out for the day? Go somewhere, visit a friend, find some positive & happy people to hang out with Congrats to you on your nearly 3 weeks AF, be proud of yourself!
                              No one can change the past but we can all create a better future :l

I'll be back later - I have 3 dogs, 27 chickens & 1 toddler to get settled
                              Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X