AF Daily - Saturday March 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyAway;1277989 wrote: So Sugar, you've done nothing for the past 3 weeks--no drinking. Things are okay at home. This person comes along, gets everyone upset, and this is your fault? No, I'd say this upset is this other person's fault. Don't accept responsibility for this.
    One more thing, don't accept responsibility for your mother's feelings either. She's responsible for them, not you. When this person came by to tell her how your drinking affected everyone, her reaction could have been, "Thanks for the newsflash Captain Obvious, I never would have thought of that," with an eye roll. Or it could have been, "Stop talking about my daughter that way. She's trying very hard and doing her best." Or it could have been, "Thanks for your concern, we're fine." Or it could be her moping around the house thinking things are terrible and having you model her behavior. You aren't responsible for how she chooses to deal with this. You are responsible for you and your reactions.

Comment

Hi again, Sugar.
      Cross post. I guess I eliminated part of the quote, and that's why the blue box didn't appear. Oh, well. . .
      Wow, your mother and my hubby have a lot in common! it has taken me a while, and the help of a sober friend who has known us for almost 20 years, to realize that I am not anybody else's problem. We can only take responsibilty for ourselves, not anybody else. That talking to you one minute, angry the next--yes, I live with it all the time. Used to make me drink and drown my sadness, but now I am determined to take care of myself. As we get stronger, those closest to us only get fearful about it. They fear they are losing control over us. Hope that makes sense.
      To all the other Abbers--got on late this a.m., although I was up by 6:00. I had posted a couple of threads uner General Discussion and wanted to go back and read the responses.
      Sausage--want to wish you a happy birthday dinner! AF birthday is great!!
      Fly--think it was you whose doggy woke you up early? Dirty Harry (DH) came into the bedroom barking at 2:00, and hubby had to let him out. Then started up at 4:00. Think it's all the wild life poking around in the dark.
      Shue, wow, out on the slopes so early! I usually report crazy or bad things on the local news, but this a.m. they featured a former student who is now heading the National Telemark competition, and he has brought it to NH!!! I rememeber that his parents were worried about his future, but he has really done so well!! Really nice to see.
      Sid--glad you posted!! Was worried about you, but sure sounds like you are having a great AF time in a warm place!! I'm sure it is a much needed break!
      Blondie, Almost, Lav, Pap3, Guitarista, Det, Sunni, Kas, Momof 3, DG, and anybody else I am forgetting--have a FAB AF day!!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Sorry--now see it was you, Almost, with the barking doggy, LOL!!
        Lav, wow, you will be a busy bee today!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Morning Fabbers!!

Blondie-so sorry to hear about all your snow. We in the central hill got zilch, nadda, zero. (heh heh heh). Sorry for the evil laugh but it is nice for once not to be in the snow zone (last year 6+ feet). Don't worry tho, it will melt very quickly with the high temps tomorrow.

Sugar-First, big :l :l :l for you. Second-pull up your big girl panties and start sticking up for yourself!!! Put on the titanium ones if it will help! No one, not even family has the right to try to sabotage your good and very hard work but that being said they will try to do it as someone else pointed out. You can either wallow in the guilt taking all sorts of responsibility for a past that is OVER and you can't change or you can let them have their pain, let them own it and continue to move forward knowing you are not that person anymore. And if you do become that person again-very much YOUR choice-then yes, shame on you.
          I think Lav has a very good suggestion to get the hell out of that toxic house and go do something very nice and enjoyable just for you. Spend some $$ if you have to(you do need to reward small goals) and make sure it isn't anything that will allow yourself to think too much. Read that website you referenced and BELIEVE it!!

Shue-happy shuessing!! sorry!!

Lav-oh boy will you need some pampering after this weekend is over!! hang in there!

Turn-way to go on the hockey tournament!! Whoo hoo!! Great job on the celebration afterwards!!

Sid-so glad you could check in and happy your having a great time. My dad just got back from SC. I was very worried about the weather down there last week but they were fine.

Sausage-have a great day and a wonderful birthday dinner. It might not be a bad idea to wear your TBGP too!! Just in case!

Fly-gladd to hear your migraine is finally going away. I have nothing but sympathy for you. I used to get them towards the end of my cycle-about 5 years before menipause. They would come on 2 days before my MP and magically disappear after the first day. I was pretty much comatose for those 3 days and NOTHING my doc did helped. She even put me on the pill for a year and it made it worse! I'm just thankful I only had to endure them for 5 years, not 40!! Hope it gets better for you with time as well.

Almost-did you get that letter done yet?

Well the dogs were kind and didn't wake me until 6:30 but it was still too early!! Its kind of sad that I look forward to Saturdays so much now for the sole reason I can sleep in if I want! I did go back to bed for an hour. oh well.

Not much on the agenda. Brekkie, some cleaning, maybe some work as it's starting to pile up (but maybe not). Its cold but clear here-I should probably also do some food shopping as my cupboards are kind of bare.

Probably should move my butt or something now. :H
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

hey TDN-missed you there!! You are handling things so well despite the obstacle and you have great advice for Sugar. Thank you for being here and thank you for deciding to live in the light, not the dark. You are a super cool addition to this thread and I am so proud to be your neighbor and I hope, friend!! Tell DH papmom said "Bad dog!!" :H I think you're right about the wildlife being a trigger for them!! I do notice that since I changed my bedroom to the middle room and not the one that overlooks the backyard, the dogs seem calmer at nite during the spring. The only time I have to get up at 2am is if LM has to go take a cr*p because he ate some worms or something. That is a rare occurance thank goodness.
            Have a great day-what are you up to?

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, was just in the door from a meeting where I talked(cried) everything out and got great support and had just read through your posts here, and was feling a bit better, a bit encouraged

Now I'm getting banged about about emotonal since I came again but I cant say anything right, my mam asked how I got on in the meeting, I said ok, she then asked me to go to town with her I said no, she asked why and I said we are just a bit toxic around eachother at the moment, well then she blasted off, she said I was just using words(whatever that means) I said ok, I said I know you're abit angry at me at the moment but I cant do anything about that, and that's when she really blasted off sayin how she was't angry and that it was the stupidest thing she every heard,

She is angry it is because of me and what I 've put them through over the last few years, there is no doubt about it, not expecting any advise people but sometimes its nice to let it out because I can't say anything right around here so nearly have to keep my mouth shut

I'll keep riding the wave, thngs have to get better
              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hey, Pap3!

Yeah, I can tell DH "Bad Dog!" but he'll just look at me with angelic eyes, and then turn around and do something not so nice!
                Going to the gym in a few minutes, then to market to get some things to make a batch of cake pops. First batch was tasty, but now have the things I need to hopefully get a better looking product Will bring them to church tomorrow, as many people bring goodies and there are a number of children who'd probably appreciate the sugar high. Parents not so much, LOL! Mr TDN is leaving by 4:00 to pick up a friend and they are heading an hour north for a political dinner event. So I will read, look on Facebook, and have a nice wuiet time for myself!!
                How about you???
                "One day at a time."

Comment

This afternoon I decided to update "My Story" as it was almost 3 yrs out of date and written just after I had completed 6 months AF in 2009. I went on to do 8.5 months AF in total before I relapsed and began daily drinking again for almost the next 3 yrs. How this relapse happened and why it took so long to come back is explained in today's entry.

Comment

ooohhh, cake pops!! I should learn how to make those! A club at school was selling them this week-good thing I don't carry cash with me!! :H

I have paid some bills, returned a pair of pants via mail that were the wrong size and done a lot of surfing on the web. Not much more. I'll have lunch in a few and then try to get some laundry done and a food shopping trip out of the way. time to get out of the PJs I reckon!!

Sugar-Is there any way you can go stay with an understanding friend for a few days? I just don't get a good feeling about your home environment. Just a thought. Ultimately you have to work this out yourself but I though maybe while things are still so new maybe not being around your mom and dad might help for a little bit. If I'm off base, please tell me to mind mind my own business. :l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

papmom3, thatnk you for caring so much, gona stick it out for a while(may have to be reevaluated), , maybe she'll come home in a better mood hoping it will get better, in reality, my mam just wants me to be a 'normal' daughter, talk about clothes and what the cousins, neighbours and people I don't know are up to which isn't a bad thing, she doesn't deal with the hard stuff well, nor sould she have to, I can change and I am willing and want to do this but I can't change anyone else. I do love her and my Dad so much, and can't say sorry enough for my addiction.

Have this song on repeat to perk me up I love the thought of a turning tide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc&ob=av3e[/video]]
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

papmom3, thatnk you for caring so much, gona stick it out for a while(may have to be reevaluated), , maybe she'll come home in a better mood hoping it will get better, in reality, my mam just wants me to be a 'normal' daughter, talk about clothes and what the cousins, neighbours and people I don't know are up to which isn't a bad thing, she doesn't deal with the hard stuff well, nor sould she have to, I can change and I am willing and want to do this but I can't change anyone else. I do love her and my Dad so much, and can't say sorry enough for my addiction.

Have this song on repeat to perk me up I love the thought of a turning tide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP65wbBUpc&ob=av3e[/video]]

Comment

Aww, that video is not available in the us, sugar. I'm glad you are enjoying it tho. Keep your chin up hun. You are strong and you've proven that with 3 wks AF under your belt.:goodjob:

17 sober days to mark on my calendar today. Feeling upbeat, and just had some good AF afternoon lovin. Hee hee he.:xxx:

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

TDN--DH was barking at you at 2am??? Nothing bashful about that dog, eh? :H No dog for me, I'm the one who had the kitty trained in CPR. Nothing like waking up at 4am with a 12 pound load on my chest, whiskers brushing my lips, and tuna breath in my nose. :cat:

Papmom--Titanium panties? :H Did you ever get your butt in gear?

Librarygirl--:naughtfeet: Been wondering if I'd ever get the chance to use that smilie! :H Congrats on Day 17!

Comment

eh, kinda fly! I'm getting up the mojo to hit the supermarket. Lots of relaxin' today but not the kind of relaxin' Fly got!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

papmom3;1278183 wrote: eh, kinda fly! I'm getting up the mojo to hit the supermarket. Lots of relaxin' today but not the kind of relaxin' Fly got!
                                Not me!! Library Girl!! :H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X