Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday March 10

Hi Gang!

Busy day for me! Snow is subsided...tomorrow supposed to be back to our warmer temps. Had a great day at work and good workout afterward. Now it's time to veg out and watch a movie with the hubmeister. Have a great night all!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Crap...how did I get to be a senior member? 1,000 posts I guess. Don't feel I am worthy...but believe it or not...I needed that tonight. Have a lovely evening everyone!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

PS...Saucy! You will be celebrating your birthday before I get up tomorrow...even with the time change for us...here's a prelude to wish you a wonderful birthday! You deserve it! Make it a happy and healthy one!

Love,

Blondie XOXO

Comment

Dearest Fly-I am so sorry to hear of your loss. How nice that you have those memories to sustain you during this very sad time. Please know that we are all thinking of you and your hubby and his family. :h :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

FlyAway,
            So sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you & your family :l

My grandson actually asked to go to bed by 8:30, thank goodness. It was one busy & long, long day. My daughter & grandaughter are coming out tomorrow, will be happy for some distraction from little boy antics

Wishing everyone a good night.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Fly, I am so sorry about your father-in-law. My condolences to you and your family.
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Oh Fly... I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

If there is something to be thankful for, though... it should be that he went doing what he loved and without pain. Cherish your memories and be good to yourself :l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts everyone. I'm very thankful for the ease of his passing and that he had fun right up to the end. I will miss him.

Sausage I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say just how darned proud of you I am and how happy I am that you enjoyed your birthday dinner AF! You are amazing. :applaud:

Comment

Accountable for Me;1278208 wrote: Hi all! I haven't posted for a while, but have been reading. Still fighting a bit of fatigue post-chemo. But, this week has been the best ever as my energy levels and moods are getting back to normal.

Thank you unwasted for your PM!

I should post more. I need something interesting to talk about, and hopefully soon. Haven't done much for several months. Pretty monotonous life I have.

I had an intense craving to get drunk yesterday. The first time in soooooooooooo long. I dismissed it; but it came out of left field and I actually had to work mentally to kick it aside. It was kind of a reminder to stay close to you all, and the inspiration you all provide. I will not give in to the crap alcohol provides me for anything. Even if I have to eat myself silly so I am too bloated to think about drinking; I will do it. My sobriety and health are everything to me. I am coming up on a year this April. I have had several stints of many months of sobriety the past few years, but I want a lifetime commitment to it; so whatever it takes!!

Well, I am going to catch up on the boards and see what is new here. Lots of love to you all! xoxo

Hello Accountable. We haven't met yet, but I'm glad to see you here. I really enjoy hearing how people with some time under their belt are doing. I find it especially interesting that with nearly a year in you still get cravings from time to time. I'm not sure where the idea came from that once you get 30 days AF under your belt you can decide whether you want to modify or not. Where did 30 days come from? Because I'm always thinking by 30 days and definitely
                    by 60 days I should have this licked, but that's just not true. And it's usually a couple months into being AF that I let my guard down and screw up.

I hope you continue to feel better and get your strength back. Hope to see you here regularly.

Comment

Fly.....thinking of you and the rest of the family....I am so sorry for your loss.
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turnagain;1278331 wrote: Fly.....thinking of you and the rest of the family....I am so sorry for your loss.
                        Thank you. I'm having a hard time sleeping.

Comment

Fly, thinking of you during this rough time. My sympathy to you and your family.

Greetings to everyone...gotta get my arse in gear for work. Something about work and Sundays just don't seem right but once I get there and into the swing, I'm alright. Would like to just be lazy and drink my coffee in peace this morning. Hope you guys are able to do that!

Have a fantastic day!

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Fly.:l Be grateful that you are AF and can remember/cherish your memories of your FIL. I lost my father in Sept. 2010, and went home right after the funeral to drink. My family could not understand why I didn't stay and spend time with them. :upset: I rationalized it and felt they were so out of line (at the time). But I knew (in my heart) they were right to be upset, and it was one of the most selfish things I've done.

Good to "see" everyone this morning.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Hello friends. I'm barely awake after having to take a double dose of migraine meds this morning. It makes me feel tired and woozy afterward. Thank you all for your condolences regarding my father-in-law. My MIL, his ex-wife, said to my husband, "Can you imagine Dad in a hospital? Thank God he went the way he did." And she's right. He would have wished his life over if he had been sick and hospitalized. I dreamt of him last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X