To Almostfamous from Almostfamous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you are enjoying Vegas. However, you may NOT "enjoy" an alcoholic beverage. You cannot, sniff, sip or drink an alcoholic beverage of any kind. You cannot moderate! You have tried and failed. You seriously have a better chance at hitting a jackpot than moderating. Life can be stressful enough without alcohol. Don't make it way more stressful by your own hand.

Instead:
    1. Go for a walk
    2. Chow down on some candy or sweet treat. You have my permission! That rice crispy treat is calling you....
    3. Read the toolbox
    4. Reach out to your pals on af daily

Why:
    1. You love your family way more than any stupid alcoholic beverage.
    2. I promise you won't wake up saying " wow, I wish I had tossed a few back last night."
    3.You are sleeping, looking and feeling better already. Don't derail your progress.
    4. During the last year you didn't enjoy alcohol you obsessed over it. Ick!

Eat some fantastic food, gamble a bit, people watch, shop and enjoy (and remember) the
    shows. Enjoy your short trip sober! You won't regret it!!!!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Whoo hoo!! Great letter!! Don't forget to tone down the deprivation thinking and ramp up the positives about being AF. Love the "Whys"!!
    Have a great trip-I have no doubt you will be successful!!
    :h :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thats sweet, love it
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hey AlmostFamous....I just noticed the initials of your handle - AF - how wonderfully fitting. Your letter to yourself is great! Keep the stream of positivity flowing through your time in Vegas. Just envision those buff new AF muscles you will be pumping up.

I found people watching to be VERY interesting as a non-drinker. Drunk ones are just so durn silly and ultimately sad. I think you will be deeply grateful that you are not amongst them anymore. This will be another incredible FIRST to achieve in your renewed ilfe journey. It feels BETTER than winning any jackpot! Of course, IF you happen to WIN a jackpot WHILE AF...well, then it's just a double bonus. Go get em, babeee!!!

Viva Las AF, AF!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Papmom, Sugar and Turn,
          Thanks for the love and encouragement. I'll be checking in sometime tomorrow. Wishing you all a great rest of your weekend.
          AF
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Way to Go AlmostFamous! Great idea with the letter to yourself...I am so proud of you! Kick it baby! You can do this and we are here to help you through the journey!!!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Great letter AlmostFamous - helps you to write it and us to read it! Thank you and way to go!!!!!
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks Blonde and Daisy! So far so good! I'll reach out if it gets ugly.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

You are doing brilliant Almostfamous:goodjob:
                  "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Almostfamous;1278718 wrote: Thanks Blonde and Daisy! So far so good! I'll reach out if it gets ugly.
                    :goodjob:

Comment

Hey, Vegas?

How is it going?

We need "proof of life":h:h
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hey AlmostFamous,

I love your letter to yourself!!! Keep up the good work. I have a couple of other suggestions that worked well for me early on:

Do something that you couldn't do while drinking (usually because of a hangover). For example, get up early to watch the sunrise or go for a long walk while others are still sleeping.

Do something special like have a massage or other spa treatment. A reward for not drinking.

:h
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

Thinking of you and hoping you're having an awesome time in Vegas. Can't wait to hear all the juicy (!) details!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi all you sweet peeps! I did it!!!! I actually tackled Vegas sober. I'm tired as H E double hockey sticks but wanted to do a quick check in. I just got home so our laundry awaits.
                            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

:yougo::yougo:roud::yougo:
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X