AF - Monday March 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Monday March 12

Good morningmy friends just thought I'd kick us off today, it was an interesting weekend for me, it's baby steps for me but I'm getting there, I'm determined to lose the negetive mindset and attitude my addiction rolling stone gathered over the last few years, everyday I am getting stronger

Hope you all have a great AF day
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

AF - Monday March 12

Good morning, Sugar and everyone else to come aboard today!
    Sugar, good to hear that you are feeling stronger. One day at a time!
    Shue didn't make the coffee for us, so I have a pot of French Roast here. EVCO in mine.
    Hope everybody had a good AF weekend. Weather getting better and better, so that is a very nice thing. Beautiful sunrise today, and that extra hour of daylight yesterday was great.
    Have a dentist appointment at 11:00 and won't make my usual noon AA meeting. Found somebody to swap coffee/set-up with me, then remembered I have to start my volunteer work with kids at church on Wednesday. Such a busy schedule, LOL!! I will get to my women's meeting at 4:00. AM reading UNWASTED: MY LUSH SOBRIETY and it is hard to put it down, so will read a lot of that today. Think a couple of you mentioned that book.
    Will check in later, so wishing you all a FAB AF day!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hi Sugar, TDN and all to come

You sound really positive this morning Sugar, that is great. TDN that book sounds interesting, will try and find out more about it.

Well as I mentioned last night I had a great birthday weekend and had no problems abstaining from alcohol. Mr Sausage has temporarily quit too because it is Lent, and this is helping, it was nice to drive home after dinner out on Saturday without the expense of a taxi. Interestingly, I did have a look around the restaurant at just how many people were drinking alcohol ( normally I don't pay attention to this sort of thing, ) and actually there were quit a few people not drinking. I did miss the initial buzz of a glass of wine before the food arrived, but once we started eating, it honestly made no difference. Then yesterday was a great family day out with the kids, glorious weather , and I didn't miss it at all.

Well today is day 18 and I am feeling it may be getting easier. Anyone reading this who has abstained for many months, even years, can hopefully reassure me of this?

Will check back in later. Have a great AF day everyone.

Sausage x Day 18

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

hey fabbers! Beautiful morning in the Northeast!

Sugar-I think you have turned a corner! You are only responsible for yourself and your feelings. Keep up the good work!

Sausy-great job on your first aF birthday! You will find more and more that most people do NOT drink or at least do not drink the way we did. We only gravitated to those who did and thus thought we were the normal ones!! :H

yes, I can tell you it will get easier but make no mistake there will always be challenges. Most of it will have to do with our mindset, not that we crave the taste of the alchohol. I think most people who decide to have a drink after a long time of being AF will tell you the stuff tastes horrid!! But, because our brains soak it up like a sponge and crave the biochemical changes it produces, we get past the taste and go full blown back to addiction. As you get more and more tools and skills under your belt in terms of dealing with different situations that might cause you to relapse, you will find it gets easier and easier to just say no. But, you have to want it and you have to accept your brain and body cannot metabolize AL the way say your hubby can. I think you have done that.

Hey TDN-good luck at the dentist. I'm dreading the process of finding a new one this year after 2 years of avoidance. I am the biggest baby in that respect.

Brekkie time!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hey Guys~!

Happy Monday! Technically this is my "thursday" as I just have 2 more days left in my work week...whoohooo! So, monday ain't so bad for this blondie! Just a quick fly by to say hi to my peeps...hope you have a great day. Yep, TDN, it's looking mighty fine out there weather wise. If I so declare, Spring is in the AIR! Enjoy your day to the fullest everyone!!!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Good morning Abbers!

Just waiting for my weekend company to be picked up then I can really get my day started
            Have a great AF Monday - will be back.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

God some of the posts around here are so inspiring and thought I would share something that I read. I'll try and similfy it

I think it was steadyhands, she explained that like most of us she has done no so nice things while in the throes of addiction but she has understanding now for that girl she was and she is going to be her own hero, she deserves it.

Just thought I'd pass it on because it put me in a nice mindset today and has done wonders for me in quietening the negetive addiction chatter in my head

Hope it makes sense

PS I'm thinking of you FlyAway during these days hope you're holding up ok
              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hello friends,

Just a quick check in from me this morning. I have been super busy and my laptop died so it has been difficult for me to post--which is probably good, since I really need to buckle down right now! I did go ahead and order a new laptop thinking it would be here in time for me to use it this weekend at the basketball trny--but it did not arrive yet. I don't know if it is worth a shit, but it is PINK!!!:H

I'm so sorry I didn't take time to read through everyone's posts. It is great to see such an active daily af thread! I can't remember who said they were going to Vegas. I had a totally AF and gambling free time there a couple of years ago. I spent the extra money on food and desserts and Starbucks! It was nice enjoying the time sans hangover!!

Last week I went with a fellow vet tech to a seminar out of town. (Same friend who went to Vegas with me) She drove and if I didn't know better, I could have sworn she was a little tipsy! She brought a big drink with her, but I sure didn't smell and AL. It was a rather nerve-wracking ride though and the next day, she was repeating stories she told me on our trip.

Sausage-yes it does get easier, but there are also ups and downs. It takes quite awhile for the brain to figure out that AL is not at the top of the list anymore.

I could go on and on, but I better get busy!! I'll try to check in later. Have a great sober week all!:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

I'm here, head hurting again. I see the neurologist tomorrow for more shots. You might think I'm nuts, but I can't wait. These shots have brought me such relief in the past. My husband left early this morning to help close up his father's business and tend to his affairs. They're not planning on having a memorial service for a couple weeks. He'll probably be out of town for the week, so I'll be alone. My cousin's services will be this Thursday. Boredom has been a trigger for me in the past, but I think I'll be fine. Today is Day 24 for me.

Sugarbeat--It makes me smile to see you upbeat. Thanks for sharing Steadyhand's sentiments with us. There is so much wisdom here, it's inspiring.

TDN--I'm loving more sunlight too, I just have a hard time adjusting. What do you think of the EVCO in your coffee?

Sausage--I'm glad that your husband stopped drinking for a while too. That must help a lot. I'm also happy to hear that you think it's starting to get easier. Have you read Jason Vale's book? I think this is very much about psychology. Change you mind/thinking and everything else falls into place.

Papmom, Blondie, Lav, and LVT, sorry but my head is about to burst. I'm going to lie down and I'll check back in later. Love to you all. :h

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hi peeps,

Lost my morning take-off slot for posting so I had to be taxing on the runway for a bit (i.e. participate in a few conference calls :blah.

I have another busy week ? closing the audit issues for 3 companies ? goody goody gum drops!:durn: Plus I need to find a dress that fits for the St. Patrick?s ball (this might prove even more tricky).ull: ray:

TND ? thx for the coffee ? cannot get going without it. Wish you luck at the dentist.

Sugar ? thank you for getting this thread started ? it is amazing how you find little gems of quotes that resonate so much with you. I think this is part of the Magic Way Out. I just love to see your posts getting less negative and see you take the steps you need towards sobriety. Way to go, girl!

Pap ? many many thanks ? I ordered the clicker; I have noticed the dog is consistent following the commands I used positive reinforcement for; the ones he gets a correction for ? not so much. I am also taking Greenie?s observation under consideration so I booked a mountain/ golf chalet for August where he can come with us. Lord help me is he ever gets loose on the golf course, that dog sure loves to dig.

Sausage ? I enjoyed reading your story so much.

Fly, sweetie, I hope you were able to catch some much needed zzzzzzs.

Kaslo ? happy to hear you?re chirpy again ? how come you claim to live in the Frz North and have a budding garden, yet I live in the South of Europe and got 3 fresh inches of snow this morning? Not that I am complaining ? those skis are not going into the attic any time soon. About the wine reductions ? I have avoided such recipes in the past month ? it?s not like I can buy a 100ml bottle of wine jut for the sauce.

Turn- I don?t have a helicopter !!! Besides, I stopped doing off piste skiing (or any other crazy runs) after I fell in a river bed and was unconscious for about an hour before my company found me.

Library girl ? we?ve bought the Pilot on ?my story? ? now bring in the 1st episode already!

Mon/Thursday - Blondie, Lav (how are you after the weekend mayhem?), Mo3 (one of my friends used to say she is only one stomach flu bug away from her ideal weight), AlmostVegas, 5 months of Sunshine !!!, Pink LaptopVT, cinnamon java MyLife, wish you all a wonderful week.
                    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

You know what I was just thinking, one of the best things to happen to me here was to see how negetive I was, its seems crazy,but I couldn't fully see it or connect with it. One of the greatest things about writing is that you can read over it again, and others really look at it, consider it and give there opinions from there, its such a gift and I'm really getting open minded about becoming positive.

So thank you MWO

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hi Daily Abstinence Fabinistas and Fabineros. One question....Where the heck is Det? I could use a whif of garlic. Beats steroid spray on the sinuses.

Sugar I am glad you are reading back. I have seen that help quite a few people sort out their particular issues. Fly, I sure hope you get some headache relief as well. I have to say that in the first 3 months after knocking off the sauce for good, I had a bad headache most days, something I had never experienced before. Nothing seemed to help, but then I didnt really do anything about it. Just toughed it out, like an eegit.

I have a few days off and dont know what to do with myself. Still coughing and what with having kids and all, well lets just say I have an incontinence problem. I also need to cut back a hedge with the chainsaw in a couple of places, so I could possibly be the only person out there rippin' up the greenery with a Huskevarna in a pair of Depends. Ok, thats not all Im wearing, but you get my drift.

Everyone have a grand day.

Kaslo of the Froz. Nrth.
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

:H Kaslo,
                          Operating your Husqvarna in a pair of Depends :H :H I hope you got thermals :H
                          I'm still not sure what I'm dealing with here (colds or allergy) but it involves a lot of sneezing & snot!

I am happy that company has gone home, I am exhausted. I do have a couple of customers I need to get in touch with but that's it - need a granny nap!

sugarbeat, the world really is a brighter place when you pull youself out of the depression/negativity hole. I know that because I have been there myself.

Time for a nap!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around. Been struggling big time. Hospital 3 times in the past 2 weeks. They have finally upped my meds and given me a program to go to 3 times a week for my mental health. Of course I have to wait in line so it'll be like April before I get in. But at least I know i have that to look forward to.

Been having a lot of issues with my dad which is a huge trigger for me. Even my stepmom sent me a message saying he is an a##hole and that if she didn't ignore him half the time she would have no self esteem. Why she stays with him is beyond me, she is his 3rd wife and I know the toll he took on my mother so I'm not surprised when she says he is a dick. But whatever, her life not mine. I have decided that it is best for me to just not talk to him at all. Sad but unfortunatly he has given me no choice. When I do talk to him he makes me feel ugly, stupid, and useless. And I know in my heart I am not those things. But when you deal with depression hearing that is hard. So I just wont talk to him.

Sorry I haven't been around, miss you guys. As I said I'm struggling which is why I haven't been around. But I'll make it. I have to.

love you all
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

AF - Monday March 12

Just had weekend to celebrate youngest daughters 15th birthday, lots of cake, looking at old photos of family holidays and teenage girl stuff. Great to be doing it sober and having so much more to offer. Seeing photos of me on other years of Dove's birthday with flushed face, bleary eyes etc brought twinges of regret. But can only look forward
                              I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                              X