AF Daily - St. Patrick's March 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on going to the parade later and have myself some NA beer later but sure going to be nice to not drink. I didn't drink last year but the past two I have.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

good stuff Shue on pouring the old wine out, that powerlessness wreaks my head too
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugar- love your clover. So cute!
        Shue- smart move dumping the poison. No sense in torturing yourself.
        Momof3- I used to run and want to get back to doing it. I'm power walking and will work my way up.
        DG- nice to "see" you on here.
        Drifty- great job tackling yet another af St. Paddy's.
        Sausage- well hot diggity dog!
        TDN- is turmeric good for dog's rusty joints? My poor dog eats glucosamine treats but it's not helping much.

Ok, I'm off to walk off the 10 pounds that have mysteriously found their way to my thighs and rear! I hope people don't shout " Happy St. fatty's" out of their cars!!!!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

I love how people around here are flexing their AF Muscles!

Doggy, Det, Lav, Mom3, PapMom and Kas are so marvelously buff from years of work. And the rest of us are doing a great job of getting pumped up! Sunni is prepping to deal with those warm weather triggers. Shue is kaboshing talking wine bottles by putting the poison in its place - down the drain. Almost is celebrating an AF vacay in VEGAS. MyLife is on the eve of 30 DAYS. Sausage is sizzling coming up on that first big milestone. TDN is coming up on gee - let me add...or better yet go to the Sobriety Calculator - WOW - nearly 4 months! Fly girl is soaring through turbulence. Blonde AF is baaaaaaa-aaack and this time she is gonna stay. Sugar Sugar is feeling better and stronger every day. And Drifty is celebrating another AF first - by having a sober St. Patty's day (Good to see you here, by the way!)

We are incredible hulks, eh?

Okay - off to straighten the mess we call home. I am a much better housecleaner without AL.
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Mickey O'Papillon says Top O' the morning/day/evenin' to ye all!!

Just popping in to wish everyone a Happy St. Paddy's day and to congratulate us all for getting through it AF!! I realize that we have a more hours to go in the Western Hemisphere but I have all the confidence in the world that we will make it!!

My vacation is pretty much at an end :upset: and athough I didn't get to most of my projects I did get to do some special things and I was able to get some good rest as well.

After a morning spent participating in agility runs then coming home to try to nap (failed miserably) I am now going to try to tackle the dishes and kitchen so that I start my week on a good clean note. Really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow (or at all for that matter!! ) but if wishes were horses...... as my dad always said.

Be back tomorrow nite or maybe later tonite. I have caught up with everyone's posts so please don't feel ignored.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

O'Lav is not making Irish Potatoes this year TDN - watching my fab figure
              I've had Maxie on glucosamine for years & I think it helps but I think she just has arthritic flare ups like the rest of us

shue - good for you, I would have to dump the wine too. Even after nearly 3 years AF I just wouldn't trust myself with an open bottle in the house. Why risk it??

Just finished washing my car. I think it was dirtier than Sunni's horse :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:H:HLav - Maybe Sunni can hook you up with that pressure washer thing she mentioned!...:H

Comment

Mylife, I love the quote in your signature
                  "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hi again everyone! I'm loving all the sober St. Patty's day posts! Lav I'm sorry to hear Piggy Swissy is hurting. :upset: She is 'our' fABulous doggy, it feels like.

M3 - so good to *see* you and so HAPPY you have started teaching yoga! Wow I bet you are excited to maybe get some classes of your own.

Loving this weather - 7.5 mile walk today, and then another few miles walking around a local University campus where a heroin related community event will be taking place in April. I agreed to be the volunteer coordinator. HERO HELPS | A Community's Public Health Response to the Growing Number of Drug Overdose Deaths Anyway, this university has an awesome field house for such an event!

Well, I need to get some homework done.

One thing is for sure...

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy unhung Saint Patties boys and girls!

Doggygirl, you are waaaay too motivated!

blazing aboot doing some household fixes. made a nice Thai curry for lunch (so much for Irish)

everyone is doing stellar on your AFness, bravo!

if there's anyone out there lurking, would you please pop in and feel free to join us? we don't bite (much)

ok, off to make another pot of the black gold

be well me loverlies
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Top 'O The Whatever, fabbies!

Headed out to a birthday party shortly. More of a drop in really. But first someone I know is going to stop by to help me with some feng shui advice. Funny it's really a conflict with my plans and unexpected... but I sort of knew it would happen. Weird stuff like that has been happening lately. Anyway, grateful for the help and one of the things I'm working on is to be flexible. So there you have it.

They have a huge event downtown every year. shuttle busses and all. Many people will be sloppy by now.

I decided to cancel a hike planned for tomorrow because of a prescribed burn they're doing. Maybe go kayaking instead. And hopefull fit in stuff I "need" to do as well. Fecking weeds need mowing again already. The carpet is under a layer of dog hair... that sort of stuff.

Shue, way to go on the wine. I know what you mean about the annoyance. But you just do what you need to and go on.

Shout out to Drifty!

Almostfamous......Happy St. Fatty's Day! :H:H:H

Lav I just hose my car off every day. Pollen gets so thick, no point in putting any effort into it.

Well, Tally Ho... English I know.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

when my feng shui doesn't come out quite right I just add more garlic
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Well done all of us on having a sober Paddy's day:goodjob:

Comment

Another first AF ... down. I dragged hubby back home, being the only sober in the land of happy dancing paddies got old very quickly.

Still, I helped with the charity, paid the band, deposited the cash ... And did a few jigs in my Jimmy's.

I checked your posts in the ladies' and smiled.

Thank you for my first AF St. Fatty :-)
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

sugarbeat;1282032 wrote: Mylife, I love the quote in your signature
                                Thank you Sugarbeat! I really love that one too.

Happy AF St Patricks day all! I think it's time for some green tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X