Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Sunday, March 18

greetings to all FABbers near and far!

Whoo Hoo! TDN has flown through FOUR MONTHS of FABulous living! You have weathered a lot my friend, but it has not worn you down - you have just gotten stronger and wiser. That is just marvelous. AF living is sooooo good, isn't it?

Det - I hope they figure out what the hell is going on with your flippin' finger. I like that line....don't let anyone pee on your pansies!

okay....gotta buzz out of here to carry on with the day. We're doing our corned beef today and I've got indoor leaky roof crap to deal with. We don't have spring in Alaska - we have break-up. Wet, mushy, slushy and not much fun. I am going to try to take out the skate skis this week for the first and last spin this season.

I will spend the rest of the day pondering Lav's chicken question. You have to wonder what they think.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hellllooooo Fabbies!

OMG.. what a positively gorgeous weekend here!
      Spring has sprung, the grass has ris'...
      I wonder where the flowers is!

I realized this morning it is time for the ancient and sacred annual Spring ritual... yep, you guessed it... poop patrol! :H Miko went home last night... she was very happy to see her owner (which was good to see) and I did have a talk with him in regards to letting her go more. He said that he does let her run off lead once he gets to the woods. I hope so.

My yard still looks as pitiful as it did a few days ago, but my tack room is filling up! Saddle and bridle racks are up, some shelves, the fridge is in, and coffee maker in its place (priorities!). I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow. Just gonna have a quick bite to eat now and then head back out to the barn.

Ok... happy Sunday, or what's left of it
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Quick check in for me. Long, long, LONG day at work but I'm off for 2 lovely days now. Feeling great and one month down!

Comment

Just checkin in before I grab my book.

Fly- you go!!! Good (no great actually) job!

Nighty night all
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

TDN-Big congrats on 4 months AF!! Every month will get easier and easier I promise and before you know it we'll be throwing you a great big 1 year AF party!!

Fly-you go girl on one month! Same as above!!

Sugar-you are sounding so good! Keep your guard up and keep those positive thoughts flowing!!

Shue-great job on the St. Paddy's Ball and leaving early. Awesome visual of you jigging in the jimmys!!

Kas-so happy you are over the worst of your URI!! Safe travels and happy visiting with the fam.

Lav-how did the BBQ go? Sounded so yummy!!

DG-so happy to see you check in! You're in the home stretch for the semester. Keep up the great work and check in when you can. :l

Almost-Glad you had a fun st. paddy's day. I never did get into the green beer thing.

MyLife-double yea is right! Keep the momentum going!!

Greenie-you have such a cool way of looking at things-were you always this way or is it a wonderful byproduct of being long term AF? Peeing in the pansies indeed!!

Turn-hope you got your wellies on!! I'm pretty sure the Alaskan spring and my white dogs would not be a good mix!! :H

Sunni-can't wait to see the pics of the new tack room! I love the feeling of having everything in its place. Glad to hear Miko's owner isn't the monster we thought he was but do let him know we are watching!!

Deter-what did you do to your poor finger? Hope the doc can fix it up right.

LVT, Mom3, (where is Mum2?), Blondie and anyone else I missed-big shout out to you all!

Uneventful day at the NH (always a good thing! ). I do love the people but god it drains me!! Gots to find a different PT job as I've finally accepted that I probably won't win the lottery (they tell me you have to play to win!!). Tomorrow I return to boredom and the world of disfunction. :hitme:Bah.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Great grilled chicken, happy family & well, my hens........so far so good :H
              If they develop an attitude I just give it right back to them

Sunni, do your horses drink coffee? I never knew that before :H
              Glad you had some decent weather this weekend because we sure did!

Kas, hope you're having some fun & get the keyboard unstuck!

Fly, :yay: on your 30 AF days!

papmom, Det, Almost, turn, Sausage, shue & everyone - hope you had a great day!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey alla you, post St Patricks day Absteenis. It looks like everyone survived intact. Finally I am back among the land of the functioning computers. We delivered the car and discovered there was an outstanding claim agains my companies truck insurance...they seem to have lost track of the 300 deductable, which cost me 2500 bucks on top of the insurance itself, which if any of you know in Canada costs an arm and a leg. Must check into this tomorrow and see if i can get this reversed, (highly unlikely) but meanwhile that kind of put a dent in the enjoyment of the weekend. How does this relate to abstinence??? well in perspective I probably would have spent at least that amount on booze since quitting, and not drinking also helps me cope with having my pockets picked by the insurance corporation of BC. I did stop at a few fave spots and took a few photographs.... here is a little muskrat at Brandts Marsh.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

what a picture! you can 'feel' the movement
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

WOW, what a photo!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Day 1 for ditzy!

Stayed AF today and feel good about myself for the first time in ages - yaaay :yay:
                      Feel the fear and do it anyway! :spider:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

yay Ditzy! welcome to a great part of the site.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X