Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-week 31 Jan

Hello Absville,

I guess I'm up before all of you, so I might as well kick of the thread! Thanks for your comments on Allen Carr's book. It's not that I haven't carried anything away from it, but as some of you mentioned his writing style (or absence of it) made it quite hard to plough the book. Anyways, he's right in that he says that we should take control of our lives. And that we're not missing out on anything if we're not drinking. But the hardest thing is when you come home from work and want to de-stress. It's a childish way to de-stress. Why not have a bath, or listen to some music?

Well, yesterday I went to the doctor. I got my Topa-dopa of which I took my first dose today. (Does it give you a funny taste in your mouth, too?). I'm a bit weary to think of the side effects, but hell, if it kicks the habit of drinking, I gladly cope with the effects. Another bonus living in Asia is that they sell the stuff over the counter!

Anyway, wishing all of you a great day from this side of the globe!
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Mid-week 31 Jan

Hey Paddy I'm on this side of globe also and yes topa does make all but water taste, well, rather awful and it does befudel the old grey matter a touch but in my case i'm use to it so no biggie. Figure can't be more befudelled than when i was drunk all the time so now sober and on topa people don't notice any difference just smell better hehehe. Day 63 AF for me and feel great, finding other ways to deal with "stuff" its bloody hard but just so worth it. Have a great day one and all, rack up those days and above all be good to you. Kim
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Mid-week 31 Jan

5 Weeks AF

Morning everyone
      Glad your still here with us Fan.
      Completely in agreement regarding A Carr.
      You might want to try reading Sober for Good by Anne M Fletcher

"Quote" from the cover
      Weaving together the success stories of hundreds of ordinary men & woman who have resolved a drinking problem.
      The result is a complete unbiased guide for problem drinkers, one that shatters long held assumptions about alcohol recovery. There is no single path to sobriety that is right for every individual there are however many ways to get sober & stay sober.
      "end quote"

I keep this book handy and dip into it daily, for inspiration, encouragement etc.
      Just like coming here.
      Best wishes to all today
      Changeling

Comment

Working...
      X