Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday March 21

Hello Abbers!

Just checking in quickly and staying accountable!

Sugar - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Woohoo!
    And Almost Famous and Blondie with almost 30 days - CONGRATULATIOIONS EARLY!!!
    Sunshine GG - so sorry about your horse. And yes, its okay to mourn.
    Hello to Lav, Kaslo, MtnMama, Shue, and anyone else I missed...

Hope everyone has a great AF day. :l

Comment

just popping in to say hi and happy spring equinox, tomorrow will be a little more light than dark, well done to you guys getting through the first month.
      Life is sweeter sober but still not wanting to take it for granted
      I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Good evening peeps,

Had a long day with my "East coast" colleagues, and then a nice long walk on the beach. We joked plenty at dinner and "the craic was mighty", even without AL.

Sunni, big hug from me - it is good you know what came over you.
        Kaslo, I love your friends, let's have them over "for coffee" more often.
        Ditzy - I used to celebrate work success with drink and fight stress with more drink. I used to come back from dinners like tonight and raid the minibar or order yet more wine. I used to rate hotels by the quality of the minibar wines. It took a while but here I am, in grade A hotel ( complimentary mini Moet bottle plus good prossecco in the fridge), not even tempted. AL has has ruined many morning runs, plans to go to the gym .... Not any more.

Supernanny Lav and the rest of you, wish you good night.
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Morning lovely abbers

Enjoying my first coffee of the day (however not flash coffee like Shue dishes up)

Shue - well done on last night, glad it all panned out and that you had a great time and were not tempted

Sunny - sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down about Soph :l you know they will be admiring your hard work and neighing to you from horsey heaven

MyLife - how are you going, I see that you have stopped taking AB. Hope it is all going well for you

Kalso - love the pic, what a beautiful setting

Lav - what a supernanny! I dont know how you do it, hope you get all the appreciation you deserve

Almost and Blonde - 30 is almost upon you both WELL DONE it is a great achievement :goodjob:

TDN - I love your name , you are an inspiration

MtnM, Fly, Det, Turn, Ditz and all those to come - Hi (geez it is taking me a while to learn who is who here LOL)

Just a normal thursday today, weather is starting to cool down a bit, only about 26deg C today.

Det, Turn and other chatters, I will try sneek into chat today later if you are around

xx

Comment

Good evening Abbers.

Well, I am sitting in bed watching tv and reading here--with an ice pack on my foot!!!!:upset: This morning I decided to start walking down the road (hoping not to see Barney Fife) to meet my neighbor, who was picking me up to go to the children's group at the church. Was carrying my plate of pops and wearing sandals that i love to walk in. The sole is probably three inches high, but my feet lay flat and I love them. Well i was saying hello to a neighbor and i somehow managed to fall off the side of the darn shoe!! I didn't fall down, but OUCH!!! By the time we got to the church, I was limping. There wasn't any ice, so I just sat and played a game with the kids. i had planned to walk the mile to the AA meeting, but realized that wasn't going to happen. So I got a ride, limped in and got some ice on it. It was--and is -swolen on the left side. A couple of people told me I should have it xrayed--well, without the health insurance, that is not going to happen. I went to the flower shop but couldn't do much. Didn't want to call MR TDN, who was coming at 4:00 to go to the gym. He flipped out, of course, and gave me a lecture about walking in the sandals, etc. :sigh: I managed to get my sneakers on and used a step machine where you sit down and this didn't bother me at all. But it hurts like heck when i try to walk, so here I sit with the ice!!
            Sunni, I remember now that I'd seen the post about the dear Sophie a long while back. Oh, I am so sorry and I so understand. I am glad you recognized what was giving you that off feeling, though.
            Two big celebration days tomorrow--Blondie and Almost!! I wish I could stay up past midnight to be the first to congratulate you both!! We need a cake--Blondie???
            Well, hoping I don't fall out of bed or anything tonight and really hurt myself:H
            Goodnight, all!!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Oh Three Dog sorry about your foot. Take some Advil I have problems with my knee and it does really help. I just got back from vacation in Hilton Head..wow what weather.

And my friends I went with drink so little it was not an issue. i did I admit have a few of those ODouls you have in the States. Beer without Al.

Then I have no idea why but my log on as Sidney was all screwed up. Someone was trying to log on as me. What is that about? Got it figured out so glad to be back.

And now the Library I work for is on strike. I am picketing but finding it difficult as I voted not to strike and actually retire in two weeks.

Comment

Good to see you back sidney
                You are still planning to retire, right????

TDN, your poor foot!
                I am a total clutz & refuse to wear anything with heels anymore.....
                Do you have an ace wrap handy? Wrap it up & elevate your foot on a couple of pillows, keep using the ice & call me in the morning, :H
                Seriously, I hope you are OK

I need sleep - good night all!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Sid, Glad you are back. That has to be odd, picketing a place you are retiring from....I too am in partial retirement now, which means I work a bit and fool around a lot.
                  And I am glad you enjoyed your holiday, even if the weather was not as expected.

kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Holy Moly, it's almost midnight again! Came in from the barn a little while ago and am bushed.

SIDDDDD! You are actually on my Outlook calendar for tomorrow to send an email and see where the heck you disappeared to! Very happy I don't have to come after you :l Welcome back.. how are you liking this weather, huh?

TDN, oh dear. I hope your foot gets better with the ice. Oh.. and don't roll over tonight, ok?

Thank you all very much. It feels better already, just knowing what had me so out of sorts. It will pass. I didn't really and certainly don't now have any inclination to drink. And so, we dust off another day

Tomorrow we have some 30 days to celebrate! Whooohoo!

Sleep tight Fabs of the Abs!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Ahoy Sidilicious! How we have missed you, dear one! I KNEW you would breeze through your vacay with AF finesse....but o'Ghouls? ewwwwwwww. I think piss water might be tastier!

Sorry you had to return to the strike situation at work. Wow - I didn't realize your retirement was coming up this quick!

Hope to see you on chat soon!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X