Thursday 1 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 1 Feb

Day 18 AF. Holy smokes. Still worried about the vacation cruise I'm going on in just eight days. Trying to line up some activities to do on the boat, like spa treatments and other stuff to keep me away from the many bars aboard!

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Good morning and Happy Kanga Day!

Have been traveling out of the country on business and busy since returning. Am disappointed to say I fell off the wagon while I was away. But, am back in the saddle again and determined not to let that happen. Very discouraging to have to start over at day one, as I did on Monday the 29th. So, here I am again - day 4. Going for 13,157 more. That's another 36 years, if I live to 90.

Weemelonhead, enjoyed your post yesterday. Gave me a kick in the caboose too! Just what I needed. You have a wonderful way of keeping things in perspective.

Much to do today, friends in absville! Best to all of you. To Kanga! :k

Sherry
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Congrats to all - how great as the days add up 20 days Victoria - I remember when you changed from Newgrl to Victoria - What a joy to be able to log in and read you honest, caring words. Day 33 for me today - I haven't logged in on drink tracker yet but i will be sorry to see only one zero instead of a whole row. I will try to think of it as renewing the fight each month - starting fresh and not resting on any laurels.

Blessings to all,
        Rivergirl

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Good morning all and congrats to all the successes out there!!!!!!!!!!

Day 8 AF since my screw up that landed me in the hospital with an anxiety attack and high blood pressure.

I don't crave alcohol I don't even think I like it, but when I'm stressed out I binge not to get drunk so much as to medicate myself. I have an appointment with a counselor today to determine whether or not I am up to going back to work on Monday.

I want at the end of February to have a long yellow line of " 0 " on my drink tracker. In the mean time I am a little worried about going to this counselor. On the other hand taking a drink worries me more.

I needed to get that out here at the beginning of the month

Kitkat
          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Hello all. I'm sticking my toe into the shallow end of the pool (I read and ABsolutely loved IrishLady's Post - I wish I could find it again on this site). Day 5 here and feeling pretty good except for a bit of peevishness with the husband this morning. May be an no-alcohol thing - or maybe just a marriage thing.

Anyway, best wishes to all for a great and sober February.

Just like me to pick the shortest month in the year to start

-Diane

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Please check out my new post in General Discussion (GD). Tell me if you think it's a good idea.

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Wynot,
                Ditto on Irish Lady's swimming pool. Go to general discussion and click on the LEFT hand column "General Discussion" words instead of the right side (latest thread). You will get a listing of all the GD threads and swimming pool is near the top. It is kind of hard to keep track of threads sometimes, I agree.

Cheers to you on getting a string of zeros - I will be watching for the as they appear throughout the month. Whenever I see one I will cheer for you!

Best,
                Rivergirl

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Hi everyone- I'm home sick today. So far slept in till noon and then watched Friends With Money - ok, not spectacular.
                  Kathy- I know what you mean. Seems not drinking is not a cure all. It helps, but does not fix everything. Just be as kind and as understanding with yourself as you are with your patients and you will be better in no time! :l

Congrats to everyone putting all those zeros in drink tracker. :goodjob:

Lisa

Comment

Thursday 1 Feb

Hey guys!!

Glad to hear your all sounding well today....day 24 for me!!!
                    To say im shattered would be something of an understatement....i have just done an hour an a half in the gym an i worked REALLY hard (burned off 530 cals)...followed by an hour of callenetics. I feel like im going to die..lol!!! so forgive me for the short post but i must go and rest my aching muscles in the bath.
                    I shall return when refreshed!!!!

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x
                    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Working...
                    X