Friday's thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday's thread

Victoria, Smart girl logging your progress - and good job with the running. Also hurrah for 21 days!!!! Everyone here is doing so well.

A good thread about Fridays. I love Fridays now but I see how it could feel flat. I was driving home from a day doing field sampling and suddenly remembered the taste of Port wine, the rapid release from stress, care and annoyance... and then - Praise God!!! My next thought was of the acid stomach and dizziness confusion and annoyance that always followed close on the heals. Mikeupnorth's metaphor of Sarin nerve gas.

I bought some dry root trees at the nursery and will go out and plant them in a few minutes - celebrating the glorious bright cold afternoon and the shining river.

Blessings to all of you!

Rivergirl

Comment

Friday's thread

Good Evening-
      Friday nights are our "just stop" nights, too. We've made it a ritual. Mexican take-out, beer, movies...everyone on the couch. This is the first Friday night that I'm going to try to do it all, just without the beer. Recently, I've just avoided the whole Friday night at home thing, cause the combo ritual was just way too strong. It's been a really long week with little sleep (and I just had an argument and a good cry with my 19 yr. old, who's leaving for college next week (she's going to live in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for 3 months, on her own), and I think we're both more than a little stressed about it, and tonight I just want to sit on the couch and drink and watch mindless movies...
      OK, done with the :boohoo:
      My husband went out to pick up movies, the food, and more sparkling water...
      I hope everyone's night is peaceful.
      Cheers-
      Tumadre :flower:
      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
      Plato

Comment

Working...
      X