saturday morning day 22 - shocking!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone went to pub last night everyone was superdrunk, most were smoking and there were other substances flying around too!I didnt drink it was SOO hard and I really wanted to.
    I had a good night, but was fiddling with jewellery constantly.I am so pleased I made it,so almost said sod it I'll have a wine.Did have the feeling I was missing out for chunks of the evening - but then decided that I wasn't.Funnily enough I don't mind my friends being drunk,I thought that they would bug me, I'd have a dull night but actually it's fine. Some people do but they're the ones on the periphery on my social group who bug me anyway!

one thing I think that helped was I made sure I told people if they asked me that I wasn't drinking - would have been harder to cave in then.Though in earlier days that would have made it harder for me. Earlier on in AF I just said, I don't feel like it. I think cos now I can say well I've done 21 days that helps me sound and feel more credible to myself

Most of my friends have been supportive to be honest as this has gone on, which is nice to see only 1 really who has actively encouraged me if I said I wanted one/wanted a fag.Think they just think it's a bit weird!

Was scared that I would drink, I'm going to be AF until 17/02 - other half's birthday and then would like to go af again after that. I have questioned why though it makes a difference if I drink or not that night.
    I plan to moderate on that night.I actually think that I need to test if I can moderate - and to be quite honest there is an element of social pressure too.
    I will go AF again then until my birthday at beginning of April when hopefully I will have lost lots of weight - marvellous.Then I will go AF again.My long term goal was moderation but depending how those 2 nights go it may be AF.
    Day 22 for me- big shock never thought I'd make it this far- longest I have ever gone since I was sixteen is 13 days.
    thank you for all your support and inspiration - not sure I could have done it without you.
    one day at a time

Day 22!!!! Fantastic Hairy Beary!!!
    Yes...these occasions will always come up, celebrations, nights out with chumlets etc, and we all have a history of associationg them with the old vino tinto, and almost fear ever having to carry them out without this prop...but you've proved to your self that it can be done...so feel proud my little furry mammal..........
    oh, and your friends sound a god bunch too....many people in our social circles who are used to one pattern of behaviour from us find it difficult to see you embracing another that might seem to 'defeat' the whole object of the shindig...so good on them too!!!!

Comment

Morning!!!

I echo the melon..well done indeed Bear and a good morning to you both!!!

I myself stayed in last night when i had the opportunity to go out, an i wasnt the thought of not drinking that kept me in...it was the fact that i feel so damb fat and its only my tummy...rest of me has stayed the same, i just look about 7 mnths pregnant ( and no i aint, iv tested twice!)...its pissing me off now!!!! so im up nice and early, Gym and swim for me this morning me thinks.

Hello to all to come and i shall return later (hopefully with a flatter tummy!!!)

Love and good morning to all

Lou-Lou x x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

P.S....Day 26 for me!!!
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Day 22 for me, Great Job Bear!! That is awesome you have figured out how to deal with those situations...

Lou, have a fun time at the gym, and I am sure you look just stunning. Congrats on day 26!!!!! That is so awesome. You should be very proud of yourself.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Victoria
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Happy Saturday

Morning everyone & best wishes for the weekend.
            Victoria how far you have come - you are now so positive and confident. Well done
            Bear I am really pleased that most of your firends have been supportive, that must make a huge difference.

I have one friend who has been through the mill with alcohol and is now 5 years Af she has been the most fantastic support. (funny I used to think she was a bit boring but now she is one of the most interesting and thoughtfull people I know)

Other friends are still deciding which side of the fence to fall on, they are struggling to adjust to the new sensible/reliable caring Me.
            Perhaps they liked the other selfish, unhappy, unpredictable, unstable me better.
            (which probably tells me something about them)

Lou you will soon be at day 30 when you officially just have to go and treat yourself to something fabulous with all the money you have saved.
            Wee melon - I love your posts, you are so funny and that is sober - God knows what you were like before!!

Best wishes to all to come
            Changeling

Comment

Good on you big bear! I fully understand your feeling around pubs. I must say, I changed my whole life - and don't go so much to pubs anymore. I know that's not the way some writers (i.e. Allen Carr) will have it, but I still believe if I am to achieve AF, I also have to have to watch who I'm with - and how supportive they'll be.

Anyway, again, well donen:goodjob:
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Happy Saturday all!

I often smile as I read these posts. Sometimes I almost spit my coffee with laughter.

As I read some of the social challenges on this board, I consider myself so fortunate. I really truly have no social challenges. My friends and family do not drink much at all, if any. I would stick out like crazy if I drank more than 2 glasses of wine in any given setting. Perhaps this is why I have no problem moderating if I'm out of my own home. In my home where no one's looking...."Bring it on!"

But no more! Bring on the plain sparling water or soda with my Lean Cuisine Pizza, my newest favorite food.

Mags

Comment

Hello everyone.

Well done Bear!

I'm like Paddy. I've been invited to a couple of nights out and have politely declined. I'll have to go somewhere soon though. My wife is missing the social interaction a bit, though she hasn't said so. I don't miss it at all but I'll make the effort ...for her.
                  Day 14 today.
                  Life is good.....

Comment

Good morning! Bear great news! You are keeping so strong!!!

The rest of you are doing awesome too - keep up the good work!

Day 36 for me. I was in bed at 7pm last night. What a party animal I am! Good Lord!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Comment

Well i worked my ass off in the gym then swam my ass off in the pool and my tummy has gotten even bigger than it was this morning....i just dont understand it, iv not gotten fatter anywhere else, in fact id say iv lost weight everywhere else...maybe im retaining water for some reason??? Getting my ab roller out now...and i have purchased some water tablets...this has to stop!!
                      Oh yeah and i got a parking ticket just to add to my annoyance....Grrrrrrr!!!!!
                      Almost forgot...i have also burned my face on the sunbed so i also look like a tomato!!!

Comment

Hey Lou, what happened to you??? You were having such a positive day the other day!

Comment

maybe you are working out too much and your body is going into storage mode, if I were you i would rest it for two to three days, and see what happens, kee the salt intake low, food in good quantities and lots of water and lots of rest, once every three weeks during training I take three days to "heal" and yu always coem back better, just a suggestion.
                          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Acct....im saying it all in a joking way...im still happy little me, these are just little hiccups which i find funny...the major things in my life are better than i could have wished for so nothing will spoil my happy glow....or my sunbed one it seems...lol!!!

Comment

Thanks Victoria...i think you might be right there...my body prob does need a rest as i have been rather overdoing it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X