Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock

Good morning guys

Its a real miserable Easter weather wise here, grey skies, rain and temperatures of only 5c/31F, burrgh! Well I did indulge yesterday in my 1st chocolate in 48 days and i have to say it was the biggest anti-climax. Of course I had to eat some more just in case the taste got any better, which it didn't. Today I have a sugar headache and slept really badly. I feel similar to many who have an AL relapse in that its given me a clearer insight in how I don't want to feel. My love affair with chocolate is defo on the rocks......

More packing today, a trip to the gym and coffee with my folks.

sunshine_gg;1293943 wrote: Ohhhhhh... date night!!!
    Sunni love the icons! :H
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock

cross post SD :hiya: its 7.30am Monday here, are you still in Sunday over there?
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock

sunshine_gg;1293943 wrote: Ohhhhhh... date night!!!

Don't mind us munching in the back, Chilli! :H
        Yep, I'm pulling up a chair too! :H

Hope it goes well Chilli. Relax and enjoy yourself, and hi everyone!

Pappy, you sure do have pazzazz!

Matilda! :h:h

Have a great day y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

April AF Flock

Good morning everyone

:welcome: Matilde to our flock. Looking forward to hearing and seeing you over the next few months.

Chill - :goodjob: on the date. It might be scary but sounds exciting as well. Loved Sunni's comment about us munching in the background :H:H

Dull and kinda wet here today. Had a nice Easter Sunday. Both boyfriends were here. I just go with the flow. I cook plenty and then whoever is here gets it and I just plate for anyone not here. I will never forget the fuss my MIL used to make over dinner. Did endulge a bit with the chocolate but not too bad. I defnitely have not reached the same place as Chill with it.

Well going to take the goldie for a walk and try to work off a bit of yesterday's overeating. Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock

Good morning, Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! i'm glad that I spent it AF!! Sister and niece and their nanny/assistant came for dinner--first time in ages that my sister has been here. They brought two bottles of red wine-I had told sis I have no problem with people drinking around me. I had no desire to drink--my Shirley Temple tasted pretty darn good!
            Chill, I keep saying that I am going to cut out sugar, and need to get serious about that. Still eating chocolate dipped strawberries!
            I spend most of my time on AF Daily and AA threads, but need to spend some more time here, too.
            Wishing you all a great AF day!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

April AF Flock

Hi Flockers!

I'm off to work in a few minutes but wanted to wish you all wonderful "Easter Monday"! I will tell you all more about my Easter later but I was diappointed in the treatment I received at Easter dinner pertaining to my mother...who exclaimed (after she had a few glasses of white), that I am NO LONGER FUN ANYMORE BECAUSE I DON'T DRINK! Also, when we were all sitting around the livingroom before dinner and I was sipping on my diet gingerale, I was sitting next to her and she asked what I was drinking because I put my can of soda in a wine glass like everyone else (there were 12 guests and 2 of us were non-drinkers...the other one besides me was my 17 year old nephew!), and when I said gingerale, she said, "Bleh", (as in, what, you're not drinking wine like the rest of us?) and gave me a disgusted look. It was like I was doing something WRONG by not drinking, ha! When I got home, I was so proud of myself and I so wanted to share with you all my victory (there were bottles of good wine EVERYWHERE there yesterday...it was unbelieveable but I stuck to my stash of seltzer and gingerale), but I was too tired to log on when we got home last night. I just feel sad that my mother does not support me in my effort to make healthy choices and I know it is because she is an alcoholic. Hubs thinks she was already drinking when we picked her up at 1:30 but I didn't smell anything. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent guys...more on that later. I'm just grateful that I didn't succumb to any AL yesterday to ruin my 50 days tomorrow. OH, but 49 today is not too shabby!

Love ya all and happy Monday!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

April AF Flock

?Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.?
                Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Happy Easter Monday to all... But shouldn't we be starting week 2?

I'll go do that in a moment. Blonde, very well done on running the gauntlet yesterday!!! I think you are right that your Mom's judgement is clouded because she is perhaps alcohol dependent. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

April AF Flock

Good morning to all...

Missed you but had so much to do and company, so no time to post.

A lovely visit to Chicago on Saturday, weather in the 60s, sunny and perfect. What a city!

Good to read everyone is doing well and AF.
                  Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                  X