Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choice is always there -God, help me make the right one now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Flyaway; that helps. This reminds me a bit of my first few days AF. Strong resolve in the morning, weakening as the day goes on. I suppose being a holiday weekend doesn't help as everyone is off work and enjoying having a drink.
    I'll have to suck it up and remember that you and others have done it so I have no excuses!!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

mollyka;1328887 wrote: Hey Daisy - and good on you acknowledging and facing down the 'little voices'! I would agree with Flyaway - tho for me it was always round the 3 month mark - and it felt like it would just be the way it would be forever - and tbh - I used to feel well if I feel that bad NOT drinking - I might as well drink - does that make sense? Anyway --- yes they do pass - and become less frequent as time goes on. I've never been much past 6 months, but I'm reliably informed by 'olbies' round here - that the 'voices' just keep diminishing with time.
      Molly
      Molly, thank you, and 'does that make sense?' Yes, exactly how I feel right now.
      Getting myself into 'positive' mode today. Plastered enough make-up on to do a night out; gona hoke out something bright and cheerful to wear and then go to a 'fun' day at a local National Trust park with my sisters and their children.
      And then tonight I have my drama group - last meeting before the show on Friday. When I get back I will order the book you're reading. We can compare notes afterwards!
      Sometimes, like now, being understood by others is just the kick up the arse that I needed! So a big thank you for that. You are doing great by the way!

Comment

Just a little update; on 10th June I had 2 months AF which brings me to 66 days today.
        This stage is definitely the hardest since the beginning. Not too bad this past weekend - just avoided situations where I needed to but then tonight came and I just had it in my head I was going to drink. I have learned enough from being on this site to know that before making the next move it is crucial to come here and read or post.
        I am so glad I did; I am so sorry to hear that Pingu is really going through it, but so thankful for the thread which prompted so many great responses......for tonight anyway, it changed my direction and steered my away from alcohol. That is all I can be thankful for - each day as it comes.
        I have taken a lot of the advice given and will try to apply it to myself - my plan obviously needs a little tweaking!
        I think also that, having recently completed a couple of major projects, that there is now an anti-climax. I don't have a project in place. This is the next thing I have to do - I need to be so busy that there is no place for alcohol. So far I have been successful in that but realise a good kick up my own arse is needed to keep my new sober life in place. I need to have my next project in place before the last one is complete.
        As I have been so busy my exercise regime has also fallen to the wayside over this past 3 weeks. Exercise is a necessity for me - helps enormously with the 'feel-good' factor, so this week I have restarted and I do not intend to let it slip again.
        When I had those intense cravings last week, I just couldn't figure out where they came from, so out of the blue.......but now, on reflection, it is clear. The thing is, when your head is in that drinking mode, you don't think straight and it really has taken me until now to see clearly enough so that the necessary tweaks can be made.
        And Molly, I have ordered the book and anticipating it's arrival.......will let you know the craic

Comment

CONGRATS ON YOUR 2+ MONTHS AF DAISY :yay:

The drinking thoughts will decrease & you will build an arsenal to help keep yourself safe
          Just keep coming here & posting - really helps!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

That means a lot to me Lav - thank you! Hope all is good with you.

Comment

Wow Day 67 today!!! I am so proud of your accomplishment! I totally understand how those overwhelming feelings to drink just come up and there's almost no putting them down again.....ALMOST. I wish that I could make an animated film about The Beast we know as Alcohol. The star would be a hideous figure...blurry and sloppy looking, you know, the way it makes us feel. It would be big and loud....like AL makes us feel...and a smart ass, and know it all....it would be this huge, ugly, bigger than life THING. This thing looks ridiculous to people who don't want it. Stupid, even. But to us, it holds all the magic. I wish the film could go on to show that sometimes this figure comes back up in full color....and wants to live to run another day...but by the power of our own minds, it goes back into the archives...back into the shadows. It never goes away and can be rekindled so easily. But each time we consider the REAL consequences, and what this bastard REALLY does to us, we can file it away and move on. GIVING in only gives it power and brings it back to life.
              I'm so proud of you for all you have accomplished in such a short time. The world is your oyster. You must put North Carolina on your sheet of 'things to be done'!! I won't jump off a building with you, but maybe we can go shopping or something safe. Bah!!! Love and admiration to you, Daisy....B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, thank you! That gave me a laugh.(the end bit, I mean)
                Ye' know, I think you need to get out of your comfort zone....I'll be checking out a few challenges and see if I can come up with one for you!!!

Comment

Working...
                X