sunday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday morning

Hi everyone -awake at 8.30 and went to bed at 1.30ish - unheard of.
    I slept really well but mentally feel I that need more sleep than that - but I feel good!
    Anyway I'm up now, feel a bit sniffly but otherwise ok, didn't drink last night, evening at a friend's house.
    Had 2 bottles of AF cobra which is lovely - don't want to drink af booze lots - good for sat nights in then back to the diet coke in the pub!
    I had my acupuncture again yesterday - has been about 2 weeks since I had it last.
    So relaxing,felt lovely, said I'd been feeling anxious and low so hopefully they stimulated my happy acupressure points!
    I certainly feel brighter, and have little takewa ythingies in my ears to ress if I feel low/crave.
    Feeling good could be the 5htp or l tyrosine kicking in too I supose, been on it a week.
    Anyway whatever it is it's good!
    Off to the gym in a bit for some cardio, have new songs on i pod so I'm very excited about that.

Very strange, I didn't fancy booze at all last night - whereas Friday night I practically had to stop myself tearing glasses of wine from people's hands.
    I'm glad I realy craved booze on Friday though in a way because it's taught me how easy it would be to cave in , that I'm not out of the woods and that I still need to be af for a bit longer if I'm craving it that much.If that makes sense!!!

Hope you all having a good day,are about to have a good day.
    one day at a time

sunday morning

Hi bear and all to come.
    I was up too late last night. I got to bed at about 3:45. I wasn't drinking. I had been to the cinema with my wife to see Rocky Balboa and when we got back at about 12:30, I stayed up and caught up with the posts here.
    I'm always in bed by 9:30 and up before 5:00am, so I'm a bit tired today. Fortunately, I have the day off so I can go back to bed for an hour or so. Yippee!
    Day 15 today. Life is good.

Comment

sunday morning

Yep - Life is good

We had friends around last night playing cards.
      Wonder - is it a coincidence that the only one not drinking was the winner of nearly every game??
      Day 39 for me - 40 tomorrow - WOW

Enjoy your Sunday everone - I'm off to play golf now - cold & sunny here.
      Changeling

Comment

sunday morning

Hello everyone,

Things are going great here, although the weather is hovering around 0.

I live half way between the Bears and the Colts so this has been an interesting couple of weeks.

My af streak keeps building and life is good. I haven't been posting much but I read and keep up most every day. You guys are still a great inspiration to me. :thanks:

Birdman

Comment

sunday morning

Day 23 here, cold here....yikes!!! I cant believe I am posting I am on day 23, cool! That number sticks in my head for some reason, i dont know...Ihope you all have a wonderful day....GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

sunday morning

Working on Day 19 for me - scares me that I actually completely forget about the drinking - I want that little reminder in the back of my head so that I don't get complacent. Oh well, if that's the worst thing in life I have to worry about I'll take it!!

Just checked the thermometer and it's showing -5 temp and -25 wind chill. Good day to stay inside and get ready for the big game (Da Bears)!! Happy Sunday to eveyone - it's a great day to be alive!!
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

sunday morning

GO COLTS!!!!
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

sunday morning

Happy Sunday:

Since we're sharing weather notes, it's -17 where I am with windchill of -35. I'll wait for the sun to shine and pre heat the car before heading out. I am off to Phoenix to see my guy in 5 days, so a warm up is near.

Today is double digit day. Day 10. Hee haw! I am looking forward to the day where I forget to think about my glass of Chard. Most days I don't really miss it but some I do.

Maggie

Comment

sunday morning

Hi Maggie.

Now that is cold....

Comment

sunday morning

Good Morning! wow Everyone sounds so great this morning!

Ok, temp check...it is 29 degrees - if I'm reading that right on the little corner of the tv screen...eyes aren't quite open yet.
                    Happy Super Bowl Sunday to everyone. I'm just in it for the half time and commercials -

day 97 for me
                    I'm going to check out a new church today...I've been shopping around the last two Sundays.

Have a great day-
                    Love,
                    Lisa

Comment

sunday morning

Morning all,
                      Since the sun is up the temperature has risen to a balmy 0 degrees Fahrenheit not counting the windchill factor and it's blowing out there. Not even the cat wants out today.

It is good to hear from Bear, shovel (am I missing something, did you used to be Paul in another life?), Changeling, Birdman, Victoria, AAthlet, Maggie,
                      Lisa and all yet to come. Changeling am wishing you a hole in one and for all the rest, just stay warm and "dry".

I am starting on day 34 AF today and feel really good about it.
                      Love you all and wish you a serene, relaxing weekend.
                      Lori
                      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

sunday morning

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Lisa!

Goooooooo commercials and halftime!!!!!!!!!!!!

:h Nancy
                        AF

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

sunday morning

GO COLTS!!!!!!
                          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

sunday morning

Good Morning Everyone,
                            Yes -35 to -40 Wind Chills in Minnesota today!!!! Day 28 for me!!! I did notice last night instead of 3 glasses of wine, I had three sugar cookies. Now I am going to have to go cookie free too!!! Really don't want to gain weight....
                            Changeling a round of golf sound like ages away for someone living in the deep freeze right now. But have a great game... Maggie have fun in Az, Lori, Birdman, Bear and all to follow have a wonderful day....
                            Hope Prince won't have a clothing malfunction during his perfomance at half time!!!
                            Abby

Comment

sunday morning

Gosh! The thread this morning is very temperatury with a slight suggestion of sportishness round the edges....

Well done to all on those chilly AF days you are building up...the Melon has a few hot and muggy ones under her corset Darn Ander.....but she doesn't like sport, and so will just shout GO ABSTAINERS, with a lovely little Mexican wave thrown in for good measure, and a rather wobbly cheerleading cartwheel!
                              By the way, did you know that the people who decide what would be good for cricket supporters have decided that mexican waves are banned at the games here??? People apparently use it as a time to covertly bung bottles, toilet rolls and ....cups of urine!!!!!!!! onto the pitch, or wotever the flat grassy bit is called in Cricket.......Good grief!

Comment

Working...
                              X