April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Oooo! It is chilly here this morning! Mr. D is so concerned that this cold snap will take his apple and peach blossoms that he set up a sprinkler system last night to hopefully protect them from the killing frost. I hope it works!

Blonde, you are definitely lead goose this week! I'm enjoying the updraft.

Happy Honkin' Humpday everyone!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning Flockers,

Rustop, hope you feel better soon!
      Like you, I wasn't sick all winter but once the warmer weather arrived - OY! :H

Sunni, I am grateful to be sober & fully present in my life too
      Yesterday was a really, really good example!

I was called on to babysit from 8 am until approx. 10 am (until my son got home from his 24 hr shift in DC). At 7:30 am I put the puppy in the crate & hopped in my car to go over there, only 8 miles away. Got both grandsons fed & dressed & delivered EB to preschool at 9 am. Went back to pick himup at 11:15, dragging the little guy along of course as my son still wasn't home from work yet. Now I'm beginning to worry a bit about leaving Matilda home in the crate so long (didn't want to stress her out). So I bring the boys back here, feed them lunch & introduce them to Matilda. Then it was a race to keep everyone alive & not kill/hurt/maim one another until nearly 4:30 pm when my son finally showed up Damn!!! Then EB asks me 'What are you making for dinner MiMom? I told him absolutely nothing, I was too freaking exhausted :H :H After all that I had to get some work done in my shop - hence no new puppy pictures. My daughter & Lily are coming today but it shouldn't be such a madhouse with them so I'll get a pic or two.
      Could I have handled all that with a hangover?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Yes, I am one grateful MiMom
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Humpday!

Edited to say Hi Dill, hope you had no frost damage & HAPPY 50 BLONDIE!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Flockers!

Thanks to you all for your kind words and support after my post Easter rant. I deeply appreciate the words of wisdom and I feel much better I knew you would all understand and I am so grateful I have this special place to come when I need to work stuff like this out. You are all such a blessings.

Yep, Lav, it is my 50th day and also AlmostFamous's too! Feeling groovy about that!!! Next goal, 60 days!!!

Dill, I don't know about lead goose but I will try to do you all proud!

LBH, thank you for sharing the story about you and the glass of champagne at the wedding. I know exactly how you felt. It was a bit scary of how close to saying yes from years of drinking and being known as a drinker I came to almost caving in on Easter. If I had my druthers I wouldn't have bothered getting together with all of those winos, aka, family members, but it was Easter afterall. This sounds very bad but it makes me feel like moving away to another state where hubs and I would have the excuse of distance travel so we didn't have to do holidays like this and rather have quiet time to ourselves. Does that sound selfish. I guess running and hiding won't do any good but I feel that if it risks all that I have worked so hard for, maybe it isn't such a bad idea. Mid-Coast Maine...here I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill, best wishes on your date...I will be thinking of you today! Do fill us in girlfriend!!! Also, thank you for your insight on my interaction with my mother. You are so articulate and understandiing! I am also a big fan of Wayne Dyer. Right now I am totally immersed in Louise Hay though Wouldn't it be grand to have a pocket fairy sized Louise Hay to have perched on our shoulder all day and tell us loving affirmations when we need them? (Like ALL day long for me...lol). Well, I guess that is what her books and CD's are for. Right now I am reading and listening to Experience Your Good Now/Learn to Use Affirmations. Loving it!

Well, gang, it's my day off and I'm going to make a nice brunch for myself with leftover brie and ham from Easter into a decadent omlet. Then off to the gym to work it off... Peace to everyone checking in today and I hope you are all flying high and clear skies! Honk Honk!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Matilda Update

AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

CONGRATS to you as well AlmostFamous on 50 AF days

I think I need a social secretary to keep up with all the successful MWO'rs here these days
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Omigosh, what a face!!!! :h:h:h

So what does Maxi think of all of this?
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Lav - I never cease to be amazed just how perfect puppies are :h I must have been a dog in a previous life, she makes me feel broody in a way babies never have.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Chillgirl;1295349 wrote: Lav - I never cease to be amazed just how perfect puppies are :h I must have been a dog in a previous life, she makes me feel broody in a way babies never have.
                  Don't mention broody on your date tonight.. too much too soon! :H:H
                  So, what time should we put the pop corn on? All kidding aside.. I hope you'll have a fabulous time with lots of laughs :l

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

This baby sleeps ALL NIGHT :H :H
                    I never had a baby that did that Chill!!!!

Maxie is handling this in her typical 'I don't give a crap mode about anything' Sunni. The only thing Maxie cares about is food & the occasional escaped chicken :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Lavande;1295357 wrote: The only thing Maxie cares about is food & the occasional escaped chicken :H
                      I hope there is a difference!

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Evening Guys
                        Im home from my date and had a lovely time or so I thought but he didnt ask to see me again in the little time we have left :upset:

I thought he was lovely and it turns out we had lots in common but I guess he just wasnt attracted to me. Oh well... it wasnt meant to be.

Lav - maybe I should stick to dogs, they dont break your heart.
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Oh I'm sorry he didn't ask you out again, Chilli :l
                          Perhaps it is the time factor that's making him not want to start something now?

Either way, it's HIS loss entirely. Hrmpfh.

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hey Chilli, i'm still around! :h

HONK, HONK, Honker's near and far!

Sorry to hear that Chilli. But i'm sure nonetheless, a great experience that you are both the richer for.

Quick fly by. All good here. Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical week.

G-bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Guitarista;1295449 wrote: Hey Chilli, i'm still around! :h
                              :thanks:
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Oh Chill...I can relate to your experience. I had a first date with THE most wonderful guy and he didn't ask me out again....I felt like I failed an audition for LUV - no call back!

Well.. nearly 3 months later...he finally asks me out again. We haven't been apart since - and it's been 28 years or so now since that second date.

I still don't understand WHY it took so long - he says he was crazy about me from the start. Some guys are just in their own suspended time zone. I guess. Who knows?

Now...if I'm reading this right, it sounds like G-man is available and he sure is a fine catch!
                                Sober for the Revolution!
                                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X