April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Turnagain - Thanks for giving me some hope! It rare for me to find a guy I'd even consider dating so Im hoping this story is not over yet....

This time next week I will be moving and still lots to do and people to see. Have a great Thursday everyone and Lav cheer me up with another photo of the other new love in my life :h
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Sunni - 6 months :goodjob:

Almost and Blonde - 50 days that is great.

Lots of anniversaries today.
      one day at a time

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning everyone

Another bright and beautiful one here. It starts off good but then we had hail yesterday!!

Sunni and Blonde :goodjob: These milestones are hard earned and you both deserve a clap on the back.

Chill - glad you enjoyed the night and sorry he did not ask you out again. You never know what is around the corner though

Lav - you are making me seriously broody. I have never had one that sleeps the night either so enjoy. I have been reminded of those baby days the last few nights when daughter has been out. I normally do pick up so am never in bed. However, I had the cold the other night and she said her friends boyfriend would drop her home. Last night she was driving. I did go to bed and doze but part of me was 'on alert' listening for her to come in. Once she did I went off into a deep sleep.

My visitors are on their way back to the ferry so will be dropping in for a few hours en route. Better organise some food. Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Wow, Lav, Matilda is the cutest. I just love animals! Thanks for posting the pic.

Chill, glad you had a fun night, sorry he did not ask for another meeting, but you two are both moving, right? And, you never know.

It is really cold here, good thing I did not put away my winter stuff, or I would be freezing!!

Just thinking about what a gift it is to wake up and feel healthy and well rested. To all, have a great day.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning everyone!

Blonde - I'm betting that your Mom may just come around - I always tend to put myself in other's places. Now if my daughter was the one that stopped drinking and I still had a problem and she called me out on it, it would definitely make me think and I know I would be totally ashamed and humiliated. Do you think deep down she really knows she has a problem? I know I was in denial for a long time - my drinking isn't really that bad and thoughts like that. Took a long time for me to realize that yes - it was bad and I needed to stop. Anyway - hope you guys can work this out - the relationship between a mother and daughter is special.

Rustop - HAIL??? I know it's been so stinkin windy here lately - seems like maybe the months got switched around - feels more like March than April.

Lav - that puppy is precious! I love the name too! I'm hearing 82 degrees for Sunday and I think I will get the bike out and take a ride somewhere (anywhere). Always feel like I need to be outside when the weather is especially nice. Just wondering - did your son offer a reason why he was so late? Hope they aren't taking advantage of you. I know it's very hard being a full time working parent of young children but now that I'm getting older, I realize I don't have the energy I did and watching little ones (I'm sure) must be an exhausting job!

Congrats to all with milestones! Sunni - 6 months is huge! Blonde and Almost - 50 is great as well!

As for me, I'm still keeping track of days (today is day 104) but really it's just a way of life now. Not drinking is my normal and I'm totally comfortable with it. Easter was a wonderful dinner with family (all of whom drink by the way). Maybe because we had it early in the day or maybe because it seemed like the right thing to do (being Easter and all) but there was no alcohol present! So I'm finding that it was not hard at all to enjoy the day with my family without the vino!

Chill - glad you had a good time and don't lose faith! What happened to Turn could definitely happen to you too!

Turnaround - what a great story! You are right - guys work at their own pace sometimes (sorry Mr. G) but it's true.

Hello to Star, Papmom, Rusty, LBH - anyone else who stops by - hope you all have a wonderful day!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Just popping in to say hello to everyone. Also wanted to say that Unwasted has five months today! I started a thread in General Discussion. Have to try to find the photobucket thing Sunni posted so I can upload a pic of my Three Stooges, since we all seem to be animal lovers!
              Have a great day, all!!
              TDN
              "One day at a time."

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Gang!

Thanks Jolie about the comments about my mother and me. You are right, the relationship between mother and daughter IS special and I am working to improve it, just as I am working to improve my life all the time. In my "life scrapbook" (sorta like a vision book, image board, journal, whatever you may call it), I started a new section in it for my mother yesterday and I collected all the sweet greeting cards that she has given me within the last year or so, also photographs of happy memories for the both of us, like her birthday party I threw last December. I wrote in it affirmations of love and forgiveness to her and I immediately felt better. Just reading the greeting cards, which are all sparkly, pink and pretty made me feel full of love and light. I am learning to forgive and let go...this is new territory for me and I am liking the positive feeling it has left me with. Bitterness and resentment is like taking a teaspoon of poison today and I'm just not going to do that anymore.

Sadly, a good friend of my mother's lost her daughter to cancer last week and the funeral is tomorrow. That really hits home with me of how lucky we are to have eachother and be healthy and have the rest of our lives to support each other and be loving mother and daughter instead of suffering in hanging onto the past and being critical to each other. I am ready and even if she is not, I choose my own thoughts and it will only reflect positive change for both of us. Yes, my mother has a drinking problem and I'm sure she knows deep down inside that she does (how could she not? I know the amount that she drinks and I know she becomes sad when she drinks alone, which is every night). I cannot control her actions, but I can control how I feel about her and how I treat her. And I need for those thoughts and actions to stop being negative and start being more joyful and loving. She only wants love and acceptance and so do I. Isn't that what it all boils down to

Phew!

Chill, you are a wonderful woman. I have not ever met you in person but your good and beauty radiate through on here and any man would be lucky to know you and date you. You are worthy of good love and relationships and it is out there. Maybe the door with last night's date is not closed and perhaps he will be in touch again soon. Give it time. But if he is not, trust in the universe that it wasn't meant to be and that someone else much better suited for you who will knock your "chill" off is somewhere in the wings and will pop up at JUST THE RIGHT TIME. Isn't that exciting!!!??? I'm excited just thinking of this for you!!! :l

Alright peeps, time to make breakie and get my butt to the park with the dawg. There is a park about 20 minutes away that is high on a hill and overlooks the harbor. I don't go there as much as I should but it is such a pleasant walk that I should do it more often! And I will! Today is the perfect morning as the sun is out and the weather is nice and I even have the entire day off!

Oh, and speaking of "dawgies"...Lav, that is one freakin' cute puppy! Definitely an "awwwww" moment...thanks for posting! It makes my heart glad. :thanks:

I'll leave you with this statement to put out into the universe:
                "I WANT TO LOVE MYSELF MORE TODAY THAN I DID YESTERDAY!":h

Peace and joy!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi guys

I meant to mention the AL aspect about last night's date. He asked what I wanted to drink and I asked for a tonic water, he asked "just tonic" and I said yes. When he came over with the drinks I was expecting him to have a beer or a glass of wine but he had a soda water. When I went to get the next drink I asked him if he was sure he didnt want anything alcoholic as I was driving. He said no and when I came back with the drinks he said that he had been so relieved when Id ordered a soft drink so he then felt it was ok for him to do the same. He prefers not to drink mid-week and is consciously cutting back. (He is mega into fitness and health). We then talked briefly about how drinking has got out of control and so many people drink on a daily basis. It was all just so great and I didnt have to even say that I never drink at all but I guess he knew how keen I am on being healthy so it wasnt an issue. It made a refreshing change not to feel like an oddity.

Im going to Glasgow tomorrow to meet an old friend for lunch, some of you will remember the disgraceful behaviour when my old flatmate visited Portugal 2 years ago and drank continually and took drugs. Missed his flight and wrecked the hotel room! Well understandable we didnt speak after all that, then he took ill and contacted my sister asking if she would give him my number. Eventually we spoke and I forgave him. He has since had a heart attack and liver failure and was told one more drink would kill him. He has now been smoke and AL free since January and is doing really well. He says he really see's life differently for the 1st time ever and seems to have lost his negative cynicism. We have been friends for 26 years and im grateful he is alive.
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Wow, Chill! Thanks for sharing that. Fingers are still crossed that you get a call from your date.

I agree with the others that guys are unpredictable - even when we know what we want to do, we sometimes don't act. Like our feet are stuck in concrete. And all we hear from the women in our lives is, "Say what it is that you want. Tell me what you're thinking and feeling." Do we do it? No. We change the channel on the TV, or look away into space, or some such behavior. I want to meet Mr. G - he seems to have it all together! Plus, how cool would it be to visit Australia?

That story about your friend is amazing; no matter how many friends we have, we never, ever want to lose one.

Happy Thursday, Honkers. And a big Congrats to all those with anniversaries/milestones this week. Very inspiring, indeed.

On behalf of men everywhere, thanks for putting up with us. :l

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Bouv - I have been to Australia and it is every bit as magical as you can imagine!
                      If we ever arrange a MWO world tour then Im right there with you on a trip to meet the G Man
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Bouv57;1295854 wrote: I want to meet Mr. G - he seems to have it all together! Plus, how cool would it be to visit Australia?
                        On behalf of men everywhere, thanks for putting up with us.
                        Thanks Bouv, but i am the most disorganised boofhead you could ever meet. :H
                        Look me up if you're ever coming to Oz. Just when i think i can read women, i find i'm way off. Same the other way around it seems. Sure keeps things interesting!

Turnagain;1295488 wrote:
                        Now...if I'm reading this right, it sounds like G-man is available and he sure is a fine catch!
                        Thanks Turnip. What a beautiful thing to say, and to hear. :h

Chillgirl;1295872 wrote:
                        Bouv - I have been to Australia and it is every bit as magical as you can imagine!
                        If we ever arrange a MWO world tour then Im right there with you on a trip to meet the G Man
                        Wouldn't that be an absolute blast! :welcome:

Well, i'm getting spoilt here!

Take care everyone, and think positive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good evening Honkers!

Such a busy day that started way too early......
                          Grandsons, grandaughter, puppy, Maxie, daughter & DIL all involved to one extent or another
                          My oldest grandson, EB has turned into a rather difficult kid lately, not sure why either. All I know is he spends a lot of time in 'TIME OUT' when I'm watching him :H :H

Jolie, you can always ride your bike over to my house on Sunday ~ just sayin
                          It sure has been windy & a bit chilly here the past few days.

Chill, I hope your visit with your old friend goes well. It's a shame he has chosen such a difficult path for himself.

G, if all of us girls show up at your door together in a big group, could you handle it? :H

Glad everyone is doing OK!
                          Sorry, didn't have a freaking moment to myself to take any puppy pics today but I will in the next day or so. She's doing very well.

Wishing a good night to ine & all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Late honker checking in!

Wow, Blondie... you've got me in awe. You have an absolutely awesome attitude towards your mum, and life in general. And you're right... we all want love and acceptance. I guess we all ask for it in different ways, though.

G-Man!!! Whazza boofhead? :H I'd totally be in for a visit to Oz, too!
                            Chilli... I also found that not all people drink. Not necessarily because of having an issue with it.. just because. Good vibes to your friend... I'm glad you are working things out.
                            Bouv... we'll gladly put up with you as long as you mind your p's and q's :H
                            Lav... I cannot believe how you just keep going and going. Never mind EB.. you're like the super sonic Mimom! However, neglecting to take pictures of adorable Matilda is a no-no. You've been told :H

My daughter actually wanted me to take Peanut again next weekend but I honestly can't afford it right now. It's $140 in gas to go get him :upset:

Alright, I should go find some grub... I've been raking my little heart out for the past few hours. My 'yard' is not days worth of raking... but weeks. Sigh.

Have a fabulous rest of the night, everyone... be safe, be happy.
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi all!
                              I'm going to bed early, I don't feel well at all!! Throat and chest are killin' me. Son had his first baseball game tonight...did AWESOME!!!!!! And they won even!!!

Got the call I was waiting for....I did not get the job...kinda bummed...more so because I feel like I let down my previous principal. He talked with me about my interview and asked if something was wrong while I was there...and then asked me what happened when I had the second half with the Assist. Super...I told him that I knew it didn't go well and that I just know I don't want to be at my school next year but also knew that the reason his district sounded like a good fit was because he was there--I guess in my heart I knew it wasn't a good match for me...their idea of how things (my program) should be run are so different from mine... Oh well....

Glad it's Friday tomorrow!! Ready for the weekend!! Have a great day honkers!!!
                              SD
                              "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                              7/29/12

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning honkers & Happy Friday the 13th!!!!

SD, I'm sorry about the job, sounds like it just wasn't the right fight for you. I am believing more & more that the Universe has a plan for us
                                Sure hope you feel better soon! I think almost everyone I know has some sort of cold/allergy/respiratory thing going on (including myself). Take good care!

I'm going to drink a whole lot more coffee then get myself to Curves. Think I'll take my daughter & Liliy to the Amish market later this morning - fun, fun!
                                Have a great day one & all.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X