April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Flockers! (When I say that it always reminds me of the hilarious movie, meet the Fockers...or something like that!)

Isn't it funny, Chill, that your date the other night was relieved that you weren't drinking and that it made him feel more at ease since he didn't want to that night because he is cutting back? Also, that is wonderful that you are repairing your friendship with your exroomate that you have known for 26 years. I wish him the road to good health since the AL, drugs and smoking have reaked havoc...for some, it takes a near death experience for change but that's why it happens I guess.

Off to work this morning and gotta get my butt in the shower to get ready. Fueled on high octane coffee this morning! Glad to have had 2 relaxing days off and now I'm ready to take the bull by the horns to so speak! I forgot to mention to you all that my 2 bosses (the owners of the store) and the other manager and myself are going to a training seminar next week from Monday to Thursday. I plan to bring my laptop so I can check with you all periodically next week. It is in Burlington, Vermont, which is a really cool town and right on the magnificant Lake Champlain. I was there a few times in the past...it was my ex-husband's favorite place and we even came REALLY close to buying a bed and breakfast in Jericho, VT, ions ago it seems. Glad it never went through cause I am happy with my life right now! Anyhoo...don't be alarmed if I am not on as much next week due to the training. It's from Monday to Thursday. Kind of have some anxiety about going and I have to share a hotel room with the other manager who is a nice person but not exactly who I would choose to spend my free time with if you know what I mean . Plus she is a heavy drinker and smoker and I have to break the news to her that I do not drink anymore because I think she thinks we are going to hit the hotel bar at night. My boss's are sober (one is in recovery and the other never drank), so I am in good company in that regard. It won't be like the other trainings in my past sales career where sessions like these were filled with company sponsered alchohol fests at night. Don't miss those days!

Alrighty, gotta run. Peace and joy to everyone and have a fabulous Friday!!!
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in. Its been a busy, busy day. So sorry about the job SD, hope everything works out for you.

Enjoy the trip Blonde, you seem well prepared. Burlington is a lovely town, we lived in Montreal and went down to Vermont regularly.

Off on a overnight trip tomorrow with the girls. I had a cousin we were all very close to who died about 4 years ago. Her 40th birthday is tomorrow and a friend of hers has organised a mass and a meal in honour of it. It wil be nice to catch up with everyone but it is about a 4 hour drive. I am letting my daughter who recently passed her test do most of the driving as it will be experience for her. She has never driven a long distance before.

Have to dash but wanted to wish you all a wonderful week-end.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Wow, looks like the whole flock is traveling!

I, however will be stationary. I'll wave a light for all you gallivanting goosers so you'll find your way back.

Hours of raking = one mighty sore back. I think I'll drag my sorry old bones into bed.

Happy and safe travels to you all - Rustop.. you are ONE BRAVE lady!!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Gang!

Off work early this morning...hope you are all enjoying a lovely start to your day! Sun out again today and for that I am grateful! Have a wonderful weekend to all! I'm starting day 54 today...yahhhooooo!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning to all...

Blonde, have an interesting time at your training. I love the fact that you are thinking ahead of time about your AF plan, it makes all the difference. I like trainings cause it is a change of pace, and the info always helps in whatever field you work.

Chill, have a lovely weekend.

Lav, you are so lucky to have your family involved and close.

Rustop, your are a brave lady, I remember those days.

Sunni, my arm still hurts from the yard work I did a few weeks ago.

I am not traveling this weekend, had a cozy evening at home last night, I am sleeping so well, just want to be quiet for right now. I am still recovering from all the activity last weekend.

To all, have a super Saturday.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good Saturday morning Honkers, Flockers, etc :H

Glad to report the pup is now sleeping in her crate from 11 pm - 7 am - nice!
              Of course I am still really freaking tired from all the daytime activity with grandkids & puppy chasing but all is good

The heat is on this morning taking the chill off & I hear on the news that it's going to near 90 degrees on Monday. That's crazy!

My plan for the weekend is to get some serious yardwork done & pray I don't reactivate my contact dermatitis - yuck.

Have a great AF Saturday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning Honkers! I took the day off from work. Feeling great and loving my AF life!

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Greetings Ganders and Geese!!

must make thsi short as i sliced the %$#** out of my index finger and can't type too good or fast.

Busy week and even busier day. Up early to take Freddy to vet for check up amd shaving (see FB pic!!). Poor thing but the matts were just too bad not to do this. The vet is no groomer however!!

After my own hair cut I did some shopping, lunch then home to mow. Unfotunately mower broken, I cam't fix so off to Lowe's to buy a new one (there goes the AC for the Paphut!). Didn't get to mow tho due to the knife incident amd spent over an hour trying to get bleeding stopped long enough to get steri strips on. Need stitches but hoping steri's will do the job.

Now its 7:30 and nothing in the house got done. Thank god Monday is a holiday!!

Congrats to our milestone members!! Keep up the great work!!

Hugs to matilda lav!!

Hugs to everyone else too.

OH yes, I did get the dog food company demo rep job and gave a mpnths notice to the NH!!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Whoohoo Papmom! Congrats on the job! How exciting!
                    And.. 'oh my' on the kitty hair cut :H What did you do to your finger? I hope it didn't have anything to do with the broken lawn mower? :egad:

I'm rather pooped (yeah, what else is new) and it doesn't even look like I got much done. Sigh. I was 'degrassing' the round pen today. Beats me, how the thickest, longest, greenest tuffs of grass grow where I absolutely have no use for them... but not in the yard. Anywho... I'm planning on getting a truck load of sand for the round pen but want to get as much green stuff out of there as possible before doing so. I was actually hoping to saddle Atlas up for a ride as the day turned really beautiful (in spite of the weather man's dreary predictions) but we ended up marking and trimming back trees for the expansion of the pasture. I sometimes wonder what boredom feels like? :H

Have a safe and happy evening/night my fine feathered friends!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

hey sunni-yes, broken lm=new lawnmower = old cable ties hitched together =equals trying to resuse=I'm a clutz =that is all.

I have those tufts of grass too-right on the front lawn. will now have to mow down early monday morning before we reach 90!!

good luck with yours!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning to all...

Papmom, don't you hate it when you slice up your finger? I have done it many times and it hurts! How great you got the new job, I know the NH job is a mixed bag, and it seemed like you were sick the entire time you worked there. I understand about the eating out and frozen dinners, especially if it is for one person. Plus, you are a busy lady, have fun out in your yard.

Lav, your Matilda is so cute, what fun! I too have skin issues when I work out in the yard, rashes and cuts, so I always wear my dirty ole gloves.

Sunni, how fun to work on your property, and yes, grass always grows where we don't want it to. I have large patches of dirt at the same time I am pulling grass out of other areas. Don't you just love spring?

Congrats to all who are piling up the AF days, it is a great accomplishment. It always amazes me that we are all the same in that when AF, we feel good, and are our best selves in every way. Enthusiasm for life, great times doing everyday things, exercise more, eat better, etc. I am focusing on all the wonderful feelings of sleeping well, appreciating all the good things, and loving life. To all, have a great day.
                        Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Good morning Honkers,

Looks like we had a bit of rain overnight - that's great because it sure has been dry around here

Fly, hope your day off was Fab!!

Papmom, how's that finger this morning?
                          I should take a pic of my forearms where the puppy has been grabbing me with her razor sharp little teeth (hope they fall out soon) :H We could look like the walking wounded!

Thinking about you & the meal issues. Cookingfor myself is a pain for sure. I often have kids and/or their parents here so I don't mind fixing something healthy. I have been know to bring home one of those fresh roasted chickens from the supermarket though. Buy a large one & you can use it all week long for different things. I like to stir fry some veggies (you can buy bags of veggies for stir fry frozen which saves prep time). Takes 5 minutes to stir fry them & toss in some sliced chicken
                          I do that a LOT for myself & have been losing weight & saving $$ to boot.

Sunni, I too have grass growing everywhere I don't especially want grass. I guess that's the nature of the beast!

Star, I was thinking of you watching those reports of tornadoes in the midwest - frightening!!! Glad you are OK.

I have to get myself to the supermarket to reload! I can't believe the amount of food I go thru around here but I do enjoy having the company

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Everyone! Happy Sober Sunday!

Sorry to hear about your finger Papmom! Hope you heal quickly. It's amazing how much we rely on our index finger and we don't realize it until we hurt it! Healing wishes sent your way.

Off to work in a bit...don't have to be there till 9:30AM on Sundays. It's a beautiful day here...tomorrow supposed to be in the 80's! Hope the sun is shining where you all are!

Looking forward to my little getaway but I will miss hubs and the pets. Still, it' just from tomorrow to Thursday evening. And Burlington, VT, is a really cool town. I am blessed that my boss's want to invest in me like this...we are only a small company with about 20 employees to give you an idea.

Well, enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone! Best wishes for a peaceful and lovely Spring day!

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Blondie, enjoy your short trip, sounds good & it's always nice to get a different perspective on things
                              You're pretty strong in your quit now so no worries, OK?

Son & his family are coming for dinner. YB is here somewhere too although I haven't seen him for a half hour or so........hiding comes naturally to him, just sayin!

Hope everyone is having a. Great day. I need to go install a few more screens as its supposed to hit 90 tomorrow, yikes!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock ~ Week 2

Hi Guys

Flyway - Its really good to hear you are loving your AF life, and you know what... it gets better and better!

Papmom - :banana: Woo hoo! On getting the dog food rep job! You are amazing! Sending you healing vibes for that finger uch:

Lav - More photos pleaseeee :dog:
                                I live on veggie stir fries and buy them fresh but a pre cut mix in a pack which is perfect for cooking solo with no waste and its also much cheaper. At the moment my supermarket is selling 3 packs for ?2.50 ($4)!!! I use one pack a night and mix in wholemeal noodles.

Blondie - Have a good trip and stick with the non drinkers, I hope your roomate behaves.

Star - I echo all your wonderful feelings for AF life, every now and then I have one of these moments when the realization hits me of how relieved I am that my old life is over. I had one today walking on the beach and it almost took my breath away. Im so grateful for the clarity sobriety brings.

There is a line in a fav song of mine by Lady Antebellum which says "I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all" and thats how I see it. Its about feeling alive to experience all emotions, good or bad instead of that horrible dull numb existence I use to live. Even when something good happened we drank so much to celebrate I never even got to really feel the pleasure either. Now im so aware of everything thats going on and get to process my thoughts and reactions in a way that makes me grow as a person.

I really pushed it today physically at my double spin class and Im about to finally relax on the sofa for a few hours before bed. I have 3 more days before I move and still lots to do!
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X