monday 5 feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 5 feb

Macks, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa..my deepest sympathies!

Well, it seems I wasn't alone with the blues this weekend..I seriously thought about stopping somewhere and having some wine on Sunday. I dragged myself out of the house because the blues were so...well 'blue'..I went on a search of some craft items..silk flowers to brighten my dreary house and some faux fur to put on a leather coat I bought from Ebay for my trip to New York...well, I didn't stop and get the wine, ONLY because I didn't want to come here and say that I had to start over..I'll have 4 months on the 16th..so it was helpful to have MWO to keep me accountable..even though it really is to myself. The flowers did wonders really, and having a sewing project has me feeling better..I haven't sewn in a long time but I recently redecorated a room to include my sewing machine...so it just feels nice and simple.

Ilex, I know what you mean about hoping that things would get better when the alcohol leaves the system..but it's true, for a while, I think you just get to feel what's going on more, but the good news is that you also get a bigger and better perspective that will enable you to make positive changes in your life that maybe you couldn't see before. It's all good!!!

Hi to everyone else!
    di

Comment

monday 5 feb

oh, and I just decided to attribute my blue mood to the full moon, by George!!! Nothing else I could do about it!
      d

Comment

monday 5 feb

Macks, for you and Lisa:

GRANDFATHERs

You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.
        Irish Proverb

My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.
        Louis Adamic

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.
        Author Unknown

I'm going to be your grandpa! I have the biggest smile. I've been waiting to meet you for such a long, long while.
        Billy Crystal

My grandfather is the king, my Dad's the prince, I guess that makes me the butler.
        Adam Petty

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
        Erma’s Angel

My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him I got to know the gentle side of men.
        Sarah Long

No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.
        Author Unknown

My Grandfather was the most selfless person I know.
        Cat Dugdale, from My Grandfather Died on Saturday at 6.30pm

Grandma and Grandpa, tell me a story and snuggle me with your love. When I'm in your arms, the world seems small and we're blessed by the heavens above.
        Laura Spiess

My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there.
        Indira Gandhi

My grandfather was a giant of a man...When he walked, the earth shook. When he laughed, the birds fell out of the trees. His hair caught fire from the sun. His eyes were patches of sky.
        Eth Clifford

One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.
        Joy Hargrove

Comment

monday 5 feb

Macks, thinking of you & Lisa & clan today. Sending prayers, and warm thoughts, it is so hard to say goodbye.:flower: :flower:

:l Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

monday 5 feb

Macks and Lisa, I'm just thinking of you and the kids and Grandma today. What a major curve ball this is--just very hard to believe. My deepest sympathy is with all of your family.

Macks, don't even dare to think about not posting! We're here for you no matter what!

Lots of love,

Kathy (heart smilie)
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

monday 5 feb

Hi Macks -

Just want to say how sorry I am to hear about your Granddad. You have such a wonderful family and I know you will do well to comfort each other during this time.

My thoughts are with you and your family today.
              :l Lisa

Comment

monday 5 feb

Hey Macks,

You are Lisa and Family are in my prayers today.

Victoria
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

monday 5 feb

Dear Macks,
                  You and you family are in my thoughts. I wish strength for you all in this difficult time.
                  Janet

Di,
                  I loved those Grandad quotes. My eyes are filled to the brim.
                  thank you

Comment

monday 5 feb

Macks-
                    My love and a shoulder to cry on goes out to you and Lisa. I'm so happy you were able to know and love him for so long.

Louise-Your analogies are so incredible, so descriptive, clear and inspiring. Thank you so much for that post.

Day 12 for me. I'm struggling also, more emotional than physical, but that's there, too. Blame it on the moon?

Love to all-
                    Tumadre
                    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                    Plato

Comment

monday 5 feb

Hi Macks,

Just wanted to post my condolences too.

Peace-

Comment

monday 5 feb

Hi Macks - so sorry for your loss, we are all here for you - keep posting
                        x
                        Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened
                        :whee:

Comment

Working...
                        X