AF Daily~Sunday, April 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav, have you posted your doughnut recipe? Maybe I should not ask this.... lol!
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone
      TDN - congratulations on the job, brilliant news.
      MO3 - thinking of you
      Lav - enjoy your family dinner - glad the chicken was store bought!!
      Kas - huge congrats on your 14 months.
      Hi to everyone else.
      Well on day 52 today, just about to eat, witching hour almost over!
      See you all tomorrow x

Comment

G'day wonderful FABbers...

Quite the Sunday, eh? Mom3 - sending you additional hugs and encouragement. You will find the way - everything you do in your life guarantees that. But we all know, tough life decisions are never easy or painless regardless of how healthy our coping skills are. I'm glad you checked in here.

Uni - great that you checked in, too. You are sounding healthier and healthier! Are you wrapped up in kid hockey or the playoffs? While I am a Hockey Ho (playing it) I only watch on TV for the final cup game.

Kas - How did a sheep from California get to Canada? Wrong turn on I-40 or what? (Okay...I'm just kiddin'!) Nice shot. We have these Dall Sheep up here that like to hang out on the cliffs along a major highway. You know they are clinging when everyone has pulled over...turning the highway into a parking lot. Sometimes those critters come right down on the road to look over the people.

Lav - your donuts look scrumptious. Donuts are my dietary downfall. Like Al....I can't have just one. I think it has been several years since I dared to try 'just one.' Dozen. I LOVED the vintage Chicken Ad. When I get my chickens someday I want to find that and frame a copy in the chicken coop.

Det ! Be sure to let us know what that finga MRI reveals. Good luck with the DX-mobile. A few years ago...I read something on the Edmunds site that was called: Confessions of a Car Salesman. A MUST-READ for anyone buying a car - new or used!

TDN and PapMom....way to go on the new work!

Aiyeee...there goes the egg timer. I have to limit how much time I spend on the puter....it's too easy to hang here at the expense of stuff I am supposed to do. I am working on that procrastination problemo.

So....warm wishes to all who have been through here and those yet to come....

One thing is fo sho!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Just a hop, skip, and a jump in here and right back out again!

Holey Moley, I'm having a REALLY bad old, ugly day :upset: I woke up this morning with THE biggest bags under my eyes, ever. Granted, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep and was back at the barn by 8:30... but c'mon!

In any case, I'm taking the rest of the day off. Well, from outside duties, anyways. Time to find that kitchen counter.

Mom3 - sending lots of positive vibes your way. I like what Greenie said.
          Healing vibes to all with sliced 'n diced fingers or otherwise injured extremeties, Kas.. you come up with the most awesome pictures! Det... that was definitely a fripmunk yesterday, TDN, awesome news on the job... now how about Sugar? Did she get her job, too? Hope so!

Have a happy Sunday evening, everyone.. One thing is indeed for sure!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Evening my friends

Late check in, all is well today, just a little wreaked, last 2 day were very busy.

Life is starting to happen for me, in a few areas and in a good way, and wow, its because I'm doing all the right things, I'm just trying to not let it overwhelm me, and know I deserve them and take things as they come if you now wat I mean

Ok off to lurk around what's goin on with the rest of you good people
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

wise words Sugarbeat. I can relate.

well, car shopping went really well, we actually got a really nice helpful guy that we like. looking at an older but very low mileage toyota tundra.

had a creepy drinking flashback today at the car lot. I had been to this same lot many years ago shopping for a car for Dx. at the time I was in a bad way with my drinking and showed up there pretty drunk. they saw i was looking at a particular car and came back with the keys and said, hey take it for a spin. however I knew I was over the limit and couldn't do it. I said no I can't. they guy looked puzzled and said what do you mean you can't? I said: I just can't, I'm sorry and I walked away crying out of total frustration with myself. that was a dark time and I'm profoundly inspired to have it well behind me. thank you each and everyone for giving me the wings to do this.

love
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

TDN-HUGE cograts on the job!! Yippeee!!

M3-sorry you are going through a tough time right now but I agree-you are well equipped to handle whatever it is. We're right here for you.

Uni-you sound soooo good. I wish you could keep your present state of mind front and center when the devil comes calling-there is such a huge difference in how you sound. Actually I really wish for you the tools that will no longer let the devil in. :h

Kas-great pics!

Det-great story-keep it close (Bro has a Tundra-loves it and he travels all over MA with it)

Everyone else-loving the posts but its taking way too long to type so will say good nite. Sleep well Fabs!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Ahhhh det, we all have memories of former times..... "back then". Reminds us to be grateful, I guess.

Love the pics Kas, and det the storm one the other day was amazing. Now that it's tornado season, I am always uneasy about LVT out there on the prairie. Wonder if they get prairie dogs.

Way to open your heart to receive, sugarbeat!!

Gave little doggie a haircut today. Took longer than the 3 loads of laundry (line dried ) and we are both whipped. I managed that and a river walk and washed the car - all after coffee and paper by the firepit. Beats the hell out of drinking all day and getting nothing done.

TDN, good job with the drinking friends thing! But heed what happened with shue. The beast lays in wait. So always have your guard up!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Just something to consider......

When life?s challenges show up, we have a chance to explore the triggered emotions of anger, hate, jealousy, etc., then journey to those hidden places within. There, we can acknowledge the darker emotions, ask into them, determine if the beliefs held there are really true, then duly release them. If we force ourselves to ignore these darker aspects, we are negating the elements of ourselves that require further exploration that could result in a deepening beyond our imagination. Discover and embrace your darker emotions, follow them and see where they lead. You will be amazed to see the false beliefs revealed to you through this journey - ones you may have held onto for a very long time. Now an episode of anger becomes a key to revelation and realignment, ultimately leading to more peace, joy, flexibility and fewer automatic triggers into these so-called "negative emotions." - Jennifer McLean (Big Book of YOU)
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                    X