April AF Flock - Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 3

You do sound really at peace, Chill! And it must be kind of exciting to get to check out all sorts of new places!

Star.. watching dawn? Good grief, woman! :H I've been totally corrupted by Mr. Wonderful. By his own admission he operates on Standard Vampire Time... I used to be in bed by 11pm and up.. well, at dawn. Now, I'm in bed by 1am and hopefully asleep by 2am. Sigh.

Blondie, there's absolutely nothing wrong with May Flowers!

Rustop, peanut does seem better today, eyes not glued shut this morning and a little less.. errmm.. STUFF coming out in general Enjoy your meditation!

Cyn... ughhh. Moving. Probably my least fav thing in the world. Then again, it's a new start, new opportunities, etc. Hoping you'll find the perfect place at the perfect price!

Ok, off to check on laundry while the wee one is napping. It's a beautiful day out, so I think we're headed back outside after lunch

Have a fantastic Sunday, everyone!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Got the April showers (and then some) happening here today - geez.

Sunni, I had a whole day with no snotty kid noses to wipe but ended up with a puking puppy. She seems fine otherwise........hope it's just a virus or possibly a delayed reaction to the puppy shot she received on Thursday

Damp & chilly here tonight but it will warm up soon enough I suppose.
      Wishing a good night to one & all.

MIAs - please check in.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good evening guys!

Lav - it is for sure damp in our part of the woods - enjoying a steady rain with a little wind which is just perfect sleeping weather in my opinion

Sunni - loved the pic of peanut - he is adorable and hope he is feeling better!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good website on meditating. Looking for something simple to get me started. My mind always seems to be racing and it's hard to simply clear it and focus on nothing but this it what meditation seems to be all about. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings to Chill, Papmom, Star, Bouv, Blondie, Rustop, Rusty, Cyn - love reading all your posts and just happy to be here to enjoy them.

Good night all!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Good Evening Flockmates,

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful words, and telling me that you missed me. Believe me, it means a lot. :h My self-confidence is shattered, but I remain AF....despite crying a boatload of tears. I guess my pain feels so much worse because I AM AF. This has been the only crisis I've had since I stopped drinking. I suppose I'm more sensitive now because before, I would have jumped into a bottle of wine or scotch. With AL's depressant effects, I knew if I drank, I would never stop crying.

Lav had suggested, as did my mother and sister, that my situation is a nudge to try something new, and that's what I'm giong to do. One of my previous bosses (when I was full-time and salaried) in the industry called me out of the blue and asked if I would want to get free training in the environmental and recycling field....which are really hot issues at the moment. I sheepishly said, "yes," and I will have a conference call with him this week. Lav-Star is so right....you are always IN ACTION. I reread your sweet e-mail on Friday....you are always so encouraging and a model of strength and hope. I hope Matilda is feeling better, and good for you for not being responsible for diaper duty today.

Chill-you sound absolutely wonderful and I am so thrilled that you like your new environs. I just loved the pic of your room-it looks peaceful.

Blonde-major congrats on the 60 days.:goodjob:

Star-your words were so comforting....thank you!:l

Rustop-I smiled when I saw you did Hatha Yoga. My friend's mother had her own Hatha Yoga TV show for years here. That woman looked about 10 years younger than her age. I cannot wait to see pics of your puppy.

My apologies for not addressing everyone else. Due to my depressed state of mind the last week or so, tons of paperwork has not gotten done and I must get up at 3:30 a.m. for a flight to Minnesota.

Have a peaceful night everyone, and thanks for being here for me.:h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

There ya go Rusty
            See ~ things are looking up just as Mother Goose said they would :H
            Have a safe trip to MN.

Jolie, go to www.chopra.com
            They have all sorts of nice guided meditations.
            Dewdrop also turned us on to Wildmind Buddhist Meditation - Learn Meditation Online
            I like both of those websites.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 3

Hey Rusty- I totally know how you feel girl! The pain is unbelievable but it will go away. it is so cool that you may have another opportunity right away! And you are right about the recycling/environment field! Hang in there and stay tight with us. You're doing great with staying AF and there is no doubt in my mind that AL would make everything worse in the long run. :h

Fun day at the Nursing Home (Honeymooners marathon for the afternoon activity) but I am wiped out. Had to go to my sis's for dinner after and probably shouldn't have. Probably should have gone straight to bed. Just have had a major scary coughing spell and now of course I am wide awake.

Pretty heavy rain all day and now the wind is picking up. Commute tomorrow is supposed to be very very messy. At least it isn't snow!

Hope everyone is doing well with finding metitations, dealing with green snot, tired and non housebroken puppies, new cities, restrictive diets and potential moves, earth day celebrations, enjoying nature and AF celebrations and dreaming of new puppies.

I will try to be better about checking in this coming week fellow geese!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
              X