Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily- Monday, April 16

Happy Un-hung Monday ABerooooooos!

oh what a cute 'dog/baby kissing' picture! i wonder what that sounds like in his ear LOL

Dizzy huge contrats on the job! how many languages are you fluent in?

also, great material on sprouting! I had posted something similar in the paleo thread (in a different section) the weston A price foundation has a wealth of info that is related to this. they also have a fantastic cookbook called 'nourishing traditions' that includes exhaustive info on the proper preparation of grains and legumes. it's very time consuming to do it right, but it makes for a better food product. did you know you can sprout lentils? and they are really tasty!

so excited to get my finger MRI'd tonight. it's a late appointment. don't get in until 5:45 PM

be well all you super positive super people!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Great news about the gardening enthusiasts, Lav.

Thanks for the Paleo thread tip, Det. A friend of mine belongs to a gym group that are a bunch of serious Paleo heads and I want to grow my sprout business to provide sprouts for them. When I move, I want my parents to then take over. They (the gym group) all take orders for organic and home made protein and Paleo friendly foods and he has invited me to make some samples, so I'm very interested in researching what goes and what doesn't according to this diet. And yes, I've done lentils, they are lovely.

I would also like to try this diet for a month and see how it goes. It sounds really good but I want to see how easy it is to implement in 'real life.' I have done the South Beach diet before but this one sounds healthier.

I'm 100% billingual English and Afrikaans and can speak a bit of Xhosa. I'm also starting to learn German and my ancestors are German and although my bf is Irish he wants us to eventually live in Germany. I will be moving to the UK to live with him but I think once I get the hang of German it will be easier for me to live in Germany in terms of weather. I prefer hot summers and cold winters to everlasting grey skies.

And finger MRI??? Pray tell...

Comment

Dizzy, please join us on chat sometime when Solitaire is online. she speaks Afrikaans and is a fellow MWO'er in SA. she comes on in the mornings your time. we have a great silly time in chat
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dizzy- awesome news!!!! You must be over the moon.

Night night fabulous peeps. I'm off to lurk....
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

:hiya:

Hello from down under fellow abbers.

Wow lots happening here, gardening tips, cooking tips, sprouting tips, science lessons Sounds like everyone is upbeat and have a great time

We had a fabulous weekend away, great weather, great camping, great show and NO AL, which made it even better.

Well done to Dizzy and TDN on th jobs (hoep I did'nt miss anyone) and good luck to Sugar for your up comming inverview.

Lav that pic is just too beautiful.

det, do you really want Sol, Dizzy and me in chat together with you - we could talk about you and you would not even know it :H:H

Well done to everyone for raking up AF time, as each day goes past for me I am more and more grateful.

Whilst driving home over the weekend, I was contemplating about posting my complete story but I am not sure it would be benifical, what is your take on people posting their stories?

Wishing everyone a fab day/eveinng
            xx

Comment

Hi Mum! Great job you!!!!! Glad you had fun.

Lav- 2 precious "babies!"
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hi everyone... Sorry Im late. Im preparing for the field, leaving in a couple of days. I am going over species lists and aerial photographs. And gathering all the books, and microscope, field gear and photographic and recording stuff together.

Congrats Dizzy and TDN on the jobs, thats fantastic!! Good luck Sug, I know you will find something soon. Lav that gk of yours is pretty sweet, and obviously is a happy little tyke for the most part. Mo2 there is a thread for your own story, but go ahead and tell it here if you feel it would benefit you. We often relate bits of our lives, some longer posts than others, in our bid for understanding our own particular quest for sobriety on a daily basis. Also this is a great group, very supportive and friendly, and all of our stories are pretty compelling.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE

Kaslo
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas- cross post. Please post some field pics. I can live vicariously through your adventures.
                  AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good evening, Abbers!
                    Just reading through the posts. The sprout thing is very interesting. Would like to find some of that bread.
                    Dizzy, my sister is an attorney and just asked me if I might be interested in looking over some divorce documents that are in French and translating them. I am pretty fluent in French, but don't know legal jargon, but am willing to give it a shot! One translation firm quoted her $4800 and a second one, over $3500. I hope that you get paid that well!
                    Lav, that is the cutest pic! Cute little boy and cute little doggy
                    After meeting with the doctor today--liked him very much and am going with him--I managed to cut the palm of my hand near my index finger while trimming roses at the shop!! It hurt like hell and I was so afraid i'd need stitches, but we had some of those butterfly things and I am luckily stitcthless tonight! Haven't signed the paperwork with the doctor, and didn't want to incur the expense of the ER, so am very grateful!
                    Woman at our women's group whom I'd only seen once or twice came back today froma three month rehab. She said it was her third in a year, but feels she "got it' this time. Sure hope so.
                    See everyone in the morning!
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

Mum2, forgot to say that I always find it so interesting and inspiring to read others' stories, so think you should post yours. I wrote mine while in rehab, and it was 17 or 18 pages long, so won't attempt mine right now. LOL!
                      "One day at a time."

Comment

Hello and good night, Fabbalicious ones!

No sleep + all day headache = one cranky b*tch I'll spare you. Back to regular form tomorrow!

One thing is for sure.. thank God!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

sunshine_gg;1298298 wrote: one cranky b*tch I'll spare you.
                          Thank you. :H

Mum, you could post your story here or here Tell Us Your Story - My Way Out Forums. It might get more exposure in that section which I think is a good thing. Most of us can relate to some part of others' storys and it's a comforting feeling when you have that "I'm the only one like this" feeling. And especially helpful to see progress - it instills the hope that you might can do it too.

LAv what a lovely little photo!

LVT glad you checked in.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TDN - Sheez - I WISH I got paid so much. But it pays more than writing and I'm climbing the ladder so I'm not complaining.

Comment

Popping in here to toot my own horn. Today is day 60 for me!

Lav that photo of Will and Tilly is sooooo cute! :h

Comment

Working...
                              X