AF Daily - Wednesday April 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my wonderful AF life, I now work on awaking each morning with an attitude of gratitude (and a heaping helping of Lavan-itude on the side just for good measure!)

Once out of bed, I come here and it always touches me to see the greatness and great care within all of you.

Thank you friends....I am grateful for all of you.

Off to deal with life!
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Quick check-in... I'm here, I'm sober, I'm busy as heck! :H

I did read through and love what I'm reading!
      LVT... two things: 1. Be blunt 2. Hubbies ARE trainable
      TDN.. what Kas said.

Sorry but gotta run.. be well, one thing is for sure!!!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Shue--Thanks for getting us started today. And wise of you to say no to work sometimes. You have a very full life and a family who loves you. And you need to have time for quiet reflection and decompression. Balance is key.

Dizzy--I'm so glad that you're having success with Topamax. I talked to my neurologist about taking it for headaches and he pooh-poohed the idea, calling it Dopamax. You're giving me hope that it may work for me in the future. On a personal level you've got a lot of decisions to make! There is nothing wrong with voicing your fears here. But you're planning the whole move to Ireland. Wow, major life changes and big decisions to make.

TDN--I can't even imagine getting by without a car. How much longer until you can drive again? You have a great attitude in spite of it all. Positive job vibes to you.

AF--I am such a believer in what you said about worries. Our thoughts cause our worries, whether or not they actually come to fruition. We've got to stay focused on the now. There is nothing else!

Lav--I can so understand what you said about your job. I have a stressful job too and I'm close to hating it, even though it's really not that bad. I know that sounds crazy, but I guess it's the stress making me hate it. And my drinking is very much linked to my job.

Momof3--When is it exactly that the energy hits? LOL.

LVT--I can't imagine the pain of losing a sibling. I'm very close to my sister. I can understand your feelings about your BIL bringing his girlfriend with him. I wouldn't want to come if I were her. I do hope that he lets you go through her things. Seems waaay inappropriate that he'd have his girlfriend sort through her things. Maybe not to him, but definitely inappropriate to her family.

Kaslo--What a sad story about your sister. Even though it was so long ago I'm sorry for your loss. As I said to LVT, I can't imagine the pain of losing a sibling.

Turn--Hooray for the attitude of gratitude!

Hi Sunni!

Comment

Aww, thanks guys

Thanks Shue and Greenie, sprouts are full of Omega 3 which is sooo good for the brain

Kas, I did speak to him and he did offer that he would pay the rent that side and I can keep paying rent at my cottage this side for six months this side. We are going into this with open eyes, especially as both my parents are ill and they are now living in a small apartment so I can't come stay with them during visits. I did live in the UK for three years five years ago and I could store stuff at their house but this time it would help me to just have somewhere to keep calling home for a while while I figure out if I really want to be there.

I do love him but I really did change and I'm not really sure if he just drinks or whether he is an alcoholic. I'm not in denial here, I really don't know as we are in a long distance relationship and when I saw him I was drinking too much to pay attention to what he was doing...

I need to see whether he is prepared to change to be with me as I can't in good faith stay with him if he can't/won't. They only way I'll be able to tell is to get the 6 months visa and to go live there for 6 months and give this a try. I'm going to England not Ireland. As I'm keeping my home and car and cat, I don't really have anything to lose. He's an incredible guy and I really hope he'll choose me and a fresh start but I have to accept that he may choose AL over me in the long run.

Thanks FlyAway, one thing I've learnt about medication is that it affects everyone differently. I'm only on 50mg Topa, its taken away all my cravings, all my depression and it gives me loads of energy. I think this is a bit of an exception to the rule but if you look at the Topa thread under the Meds section you'll see that most of us arent really that tired or dopy You can counteract the SE and it goes away with time. I was tired at night for the first month or so. It really works well for migraines and AL as long as you are sensible, titrate slowly, take supplements, and quit taking it if you experience too much SE's.

I had the most wonderful sushi tonight. California rolls, sashimi and a prawn and avo salad. I bumped into a friend of mine with her husband and small baby and she was really surprised to see me drinking a grapetiser, especially as I was so bubbly Another good thing about being sober is being able to focus on other people and their lives without being obsessed about when the wine is coming, how much you can have, forgetting what you wanted to say... etc.

Night everyone. Its early here but I had a long day and I worked for 12 hours so I'm off to a long bubble bath and an early night.

XOX

Comment

DizzyBee;1299557 wrote: Night everyone. Its early here but I had a long day and I worked for 12 hours so I'm off to a long bubble bath and an early night.

I think that something as simple as that is actually HUGE
            in that it reflects how we honor our needs and take care of ourselves when we move to an AF way of living. Not to mention being fully engaged in a 12 hour day.

You folks are really da bomb! :h
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning fellow abbers

Thursday morning here and I am enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day, unforntunatly not some fancy roast Shue style, just instant (but it is the gold instant) :H

Lots going on here, I love comming here in the morning and seeing what everyone has been up to. Everyone is doing so well and this place is very special to me.

Nothing too exciting planned for the day, working this morning, kids haircuts this arvo and dinner out tonight with the hubbies and kiddies. Oh, btw, stood on the scale this am and have lost 6kg (13pounds) in 3 months since stopping the AL. Admitidly the weight was put on by the AL, so it is really good to see the affects slowley being reversed

Dizzy - appletizer - I LOVE appletizer, I actually found some in the shops here the otherday, but $3 per bottle, that is a bit steep (bought some anyway lol). When are you going to the UK? You are sounding very postitive, I am happy the meds are working for you and you are feeling great.

Shue - Leaning to say No at work does take some practice, well done for not taking on that assignment. I sometimes have an issue with saying no and then find myself buried and stressed at work. I need to take a leaf out of your book.

Sunni - buried in code..I used to be buried in code back in the day. Do you have anyone helping you? or are you it? I used to love programming

Kas - have a safe trip and look foward to some pics.

To those I have not commented on, sorry, I do I read every post and care about you all, my brain just cannot remember it all LOL

Well off to start work for the day. Hope everyone has a magical one
              xxx

Comment

Peeking in and taking a breather!
                :hallo: everyone!

Mum... I'z IT! Read that as you may :H
                I do have a programmer who I can shove off to what either is over my head or I just don't want to do But he really sucks (even admits it) at design and with this job it really needs to go hand in hand... so it's firmly planted in my lap

Hey, weren't you gonna send me a report and pictures? Hm???

Dizzy.. bubble bath and early night sounds wonderful. Sigh. I'm green.
                That is all.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

greeneyes;1299582 wrote: I think that something as simple as that is actually HUGE in that it reflects how we honor our needs and take care of ourselves when we move to an AF way of living. Not to mention being fully engaged in a 12 hour day.

Ditto!! Ditto!! Ditto!!

Lots of love to you all! :l

Comment

whew. made it to hotel after 9 hours on the road. have to go back out for one more meeting in a couple hours (client works graveyards). egad. going to be a late night

much love to you each and every one, and of course..... be well!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

HEY! Det which direction do you slide the knife to sharpen on a rod?

Hi AFM!!
                      sigpic

Comment

greeneyes;1299582 wrote: I think that something as simple as that is actually HUGE in that it reflects how we honor our needs and take care of ourselves when we move to an AF way of living. Not to mention being fully engaged in a 12 hour day.

Greenie I've been thinking about your comment for a few hours now. You really made me think about how sad and insufficient alcohol made my life. I've been thinking about what a typical day used to be like. I work a lot of evening shifts and after one I'd get home and drink until I couldn't drink anymore, rarely remembering going to bed. Then I'd wake up a few hours later, hot, heart racing, and thinking about how I had to quit drinking. Wake up the next morning feeling like rubbish, sad and depressed and I'd lie in bed and sip coffee until I absolutely had to get up to get showered so that I could go to work and do it all over again. The majority of the time I'd have to get take out food to eat because I couldn't get out of bed to cook. How pathetic I was. :upset:

Comment

Fly, most of us did that and worse. Well I shouldn't say that. I should just speak for myself (and those whose background I know ) I was worse. When I quit and started living life again, I was stunned at what that was like - to engage in your own life. Don't cry over the time you feel you misused. Use it a contrast for what you have now. I am still filled with the wonderment of life - the simple things. The glorious beauty of it. The complete gratitude of it. And I think that is in part due to the contrast I have. It's all part of my journey and I love and accept all of it. :l
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi, wise words as usual from our Greenster. I am lucky that my job was so physically demanding and hugely challenging just from a survival standpoint alone that for weeks on end when in the field I never touched a drop, and I never got to the stage that Fly describes, I just wore myself down every couple of days or so, when at home in the office, and I am pretty sure I was allergic to it, which is just plain stupid. My god I would make myself feel so shitty.

This is Six Mile flat. It used to be forest, and now it floods for part of the year. I have a vegetation study on this and other parts of the Columbia River.

Up tomorrow early. Love to all.

Kaslo.
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

ok, finally got my shoes off for the day.

Greeneyes, I'll see if I can find a youtube vid as I'm having trouble articulating how to sharpen properly.

Kas, that brings back a ton of memories of my youth. The Columbia river was a source of hundreds of hours of family fun as well as food (sturgeon and smelt) when we lived in the Longview/Kelso area. it's just amazing that such large ships can make their way up that river. there were also some incredibly large ancient varieties of fish caught there in past decades. local eateries used to have the pictures posted on the walls.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X