April AF Flock - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock - Week 4

Wow Rusty - where the hell did you find that?! :H Thank you for posting it, I too need to be reminded of these choices. It is so "Rusty" to bounce back the way you have, you are an amazing lady and I look forward to the next chapter.

Sunni - Sounds like an incredible weekend, love the photo, these Trainers must be awesome.

Sausage :hello: great job on 66 days! :yougo:

Star - I too was interested in Rusty's realisation about eating poorly. I know Im probably becoming a bore about it but from all the reading I'm doing on health and nutrition its no wonder our poor minds and bodies struggle with what we put into them. Now that I realise what our digestive systems have to cope with I have a lot more respect for my internal organs and feel complete horror at what I put them through when I was drinking. I know too much salt and I crave salt, too much sugar and I crave sugar, too much fat and I crave fat! When I eat a fresh nutritious diet with no additives I have no cravings and I feel amazing!

Papmom - You sound great! I know the agility means a long day but you always love it

Rusty when my world turned upside down I was 7 months sober and one day. I remember vividly coming back from the Lawyers office after being told there was virtually nothing he could do to help me. I remember it felt like the world had stopped and the house seemed empty and there was just this silence like the volume had been muted and even the birds weren't singing. I wanted more than anything to drink to oblivion. It was like a million monsters were inside of me screaming for their fix. Why didn't I? Whatever I was going to loose, they were not going to take my sobriety from me, that was all I had but it was huge. I knew I had to hang on to it with all my life or I would drown. I came here, I went to AA, I paced the floor, I talked to God. If i had picked up and if I ever pick up I won't ever put it down again....With every crisis I encounter I must always remember that.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Chillgirl;1307330 wrote: Rusty when my world turned upside down I was 7 months sober and one day. I remember vividly coming back from the Lawyers office after being told there was virtually nothing he could do to help me. I remember it felt like the world had stopped and the house seemed empty and there was just this silence like the volume had been muted and even the birds weren't singing. I wanted more than anything to drink to oblivion. It was like a million monsters were inside of me screaming for their fix. Why didn't I? Whatever I was going to loose, they were not going to take my sobriety from me, that was all I had but it was huge. I knew I had to hang on to it with all my life or I would drown. I came here, I went to AA, I paced the floor, I talked to God. If i had picked up and if I ever pick up I won't ever put it down again....With every crisis I encounter I must always remember that.
      I love this, Chill, and you. Thank you.

Love the photo, Sunni, and the agility medals, Pappy. Hello to all. I am off for a shower after nearly eight hours of gardening, and then I am going to incinerate the clothes I was wearing. Two of my box turtles greeted me; I thought they all had been killed by the raccoons as all of the turtles have been missing. I was just so unabashedly happy to see them. One "Daytona" is an ancient one, at least forty, and the other "Fractal" was born in the garden five years ago. Now if I can just find her parents and their baby.... Hummingbirds are back, life is good. Love, Ladybird.
      may we be well

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

One minute until 11 pm but had to stop in to say Hello & good night!

Everytime I start a day with no plans it just gets crazy around here :H
        Two little boys, a puppy & a stressed out DIL finishing her last paper for the semester!!!!

I did get a chance to run out late this morning to my favorite country plant farm for more flower, veggie & herb plants.
        I also was forced to take the time to wash the dead mouse stink out of Matilda :H
        I found her crazilly rolling around on something in the driveway & wasn't real thrilled when I found it was a squished mouse. Apparently YB ran over it with his truck when he left yesterday. I knew there was some reason why I didn't invite him back today :H

Sunni, great action shot - love it! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.
        You too Papmom!!

LBH, send the hummingbirds here - love them too!

Rusty & Chill - I actually never even considered picking up a drink when YB blew out of here two years ago. Why? I figured I'd already been screwed over by him once, I wasn't going to go down that dark hole again - screw him.

OK, have to run the pup out one more time then call it a day!
        G'night one & all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Lots of wonderful posts/photos. This thread never ceases to amaze me. Did not get near the computer at all yesterday as my daughter is home studying for her exams and has taken over the office!! If you do not see me over the next week that is what is going on.

Weather is absolutely horrible, more like winter but hope to get a walk in. Going to a neighbours house for coffee this morning and then it chauffering, school and exam runs.

Have a great week everyone. Good to see you back fighting Rusty.

Rustop

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning, Birds-of-a-feather!

Rusty, thank you for resubmitting Chill's post on choosing. It's a keeper! Chill, thanks for sharing it on MWO. I found it quite inspirational.

Rusty, Oscars are fish. They are native to S. America and like warm water. They grow quite large. They like to eat live food and that includes goldfish. That's why I'm keeping them separate from LBH's shubunkin!

Loved the action photo Sunni!

Happy AF Monday,

May Names anyone? Attached files [img]/converted_files/1840599=6769-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Morning all! Last day of April...here we come! I had a super busy weekend...hope you all had fantastic one. Sun is bright and beautiful this morning...I hope it's shining in your world's today. Make it a great one!

Love,

Blondie
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good morning Honkers!

Sunshine & not too cold here today

Dill, there you are

I'm off to Curves then wiil be back to download & post some nice doggie pics my DIL took yesterday.
                Have a great AF Monday!!!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Hallelujah, my week from Hell is finally over! I am back baby! Day 73 and feeling fab. Now I need to go back and read what you all have been doing. :h

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

:yay: Great to see you back Fly & congrats on those fabulous 73 AF days

OK, here's some doggies kisses to start everyone's week off right

AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Omigosh, cuteness overload!

Lav.. what's your address again? Matilda still fits in a purse, right!? :H
                      And look at Piggy Swissy, too :h

Buried in tax stuff here today. Really wish I could blame this on someone but it was me, myself, and I who couldn't get her lazy ass in gear to do this sooner. Sigh.

Have a fabby Monday.. it's got to be better than taxes! :H
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Matilda is up to a whopping 8 lbs Sunni - I weighed her this morning :H

Hope you get thru the tax work in one piece. I guess I should pay the accountant who did ours
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good late morning from here. Noble little puppy, Lav, and Ms. Swissy is a big giant gem. I love oscars, Dill, and kept one for a friend for several months while in graduate school. ?Chuck? was huge, and seemingly rather intelligent although he refused to have a lid of any kind over his enormous tank and would be found on the floor once or twice a year. Never seemed to set him back much and last thing I heard he was still quite alive. A fine (and durable) pet fish. Are you not retiring soon? I love it but know it is not for everyone. I am going to have a simple day today, I had good exercise this morning, food shopping at my little city Co-Op, and now its just gently putter around the house and garden before dinner and a recording of last night?s ?Mad Men?, my favorite TV show. Are we the May Flowers? I am ready to bloom! Love, Ladybird.
                          may we be well

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Well it's the end of the month, that's the second totally sober month for me in a row.
                            Hope April ends AF for everyone, thanks for all your support and look forward to seeing you around in May.
                            Sausage x
                            Day 67

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good evening my fellow flock as we bid adieu to April

Its been a real month of change for me and I sense thats how my life will be for some time to come. Thank God for the continuity I have here with you wonderful people!

Sausage - 2 months AF is wonderful! Does it feel different this time around?

Lav - If Sunni doesn't get there 1st I will dognap Matilda anyday! Swissy is an adorable lump too, you have two very healthy happy dogs there.

Dill - I had never heard of Oscar fish and when I glanced at LBH's post I thought she knew some famous actor and had been asked to take care of their "Oscar" until of course I got to the bit about it jumping onto the floor :H

I worked hard today on my 2nd assignment which I hope to finish by Wednesday. On Thursday I drive back up to Scotland to deliver Elle to my Parents who are taking care of her while I fly back down to London. On Saturday I start my week long NLP Practitioners Course with Starty! :danthin:
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

April AF Flock - Week 4

Good Evening Flock,

Sausage-Yahoo on all your AF time!:goodjob: I am glad you're with us.

Chill:l.....you are such an inspiration to me with your positive attitude. I admire your courage in making a move to take this course. What does NLP stand for? I'm glad you'll be with Starty....she'll keep you good company since Elle won't be with you.

Lav-I loved the pics of Matilda and Maxie....da girls....Maxie looks like she just squash Matilda if she sat on her.

I must get back to work....finishing these reports. (((SIGH))))

I'll be back later!

Comment

Working...
                                X