sunday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday morning

hello everyone - well my drinking experiment was over.
    I had 2 glasses of wine adn 3 spirits wiht mixer. two more drinks than I had planned but not bad at all - and certainly lot less than former times.I had a couple of soda spacers too. Up early due to OH snoring and really thirsty.

Weird thing is I didn't enjoy myself as much as recently when I've been out socially sober.
    It's tiring thinking about not having another drink. I also felt left out last night, 5 of us were out and i always seemed on periphery.I feel like that more when i drink, and my thinking starts spiralling I'm not as attractive as other 2 friends, i'm boring, I have nothing to say etc.
    I also smoked 5 cigarettes which i wouldn't have done if i was sober and the crap thing is i know why i did it - to fit in and be likeveryone else.I am off the booze now until birthday next sat - plan to start with diet coke until quite late and then have 4 vodkas later on from about 10 (place is open until 2) and I'm off the fags forever again.
    Next time i get a fag craving i will go and sit in loo for few mins and breathe.
    It's my sabotage thing too, i do so well with a plan eg diet/no fags people start congratulating me so i stuff up.it's like i'm scared of success - i do it with weight too.
    i guess if i was thin and didn't drink or smoke i might really need to face my problems and not divert myself with putting all my energy into those things and trying to change.maybe that's what i'm scared of...
    I also had takeaway at mates after- and i know i wouldn't have smoked or ate more food if i hadn't drank.
    So all in all drank a bit more than planned but for me I'm not too unhappy with how much - but more the consequences of it.off to gym soon to pound out my frustrations.
    tired- but -awake- bear -at -ungodly- hour- on -a -sunday -morning
    one day at a time

sunday morning

I think you can be pleased with yourself Bear. :l It's interesting that we feel we have to drink on special occasions even though , as you say, we may not really enjoy the drinking part of it and it leads to all sorts of other complications like the take away or the cigarette.

Your thought and planning seems to be working for you.:goodjob:
    Enough is enough

Comment

sunday morning

Well done Bear

Well done Bear, I was thinking about you last night.
      Glad things went reasonably well for you.
      For me moderation is a dangerous game.
      After a period of not drinking, I always start thinking OK I can control it now. Start of with 1/2 drinks within a week 3/4 and soon after I am right back where I started 10+ .

I saw this in a book (can't remember which one)
      Imagine every day you stick your hand in a pot of boiling water.
      It hurts like hell - all day, every day, the pain is with you
      then one day you realise
      you just don't have to do it anymore
      surely you would be crazy to decide 'OK i'll just do it once a week or on special occasions'

New way of thinking:
      Alcohol hurts me - stay away from it.

Best wishes everyone
      Changeling (day46)

Comment

sunday morning

Yes, well done Bear. Could have been a lot worse!

Changeling - I absolutely love that analogy, it's so true. I'm going to make it a personal mantra!

Day 8 for me although it was touch and go.
        Have a good one everyone
        Pebbles

Comment

Working...
        X