May Flowers - Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - Week 2

Rusty- :h :h :l :l Thank you!! If you need to talk tomorrow nite, I'll be home.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

:yay::yay: AWESOME JOB ON 2 YEARS AF PAP3!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay: I know I'm repeating what everyone has already said but...you truly have been such an inspiration to me as well as to so many people on this site. I don't think I've ever known someone with such amazing character and compassion for towards others (both people and animals ). I hope you are able to sit back and just enjoy your accomplishments today...you deserve it...you've done wonderful!!!

Rusty--I loved your post to Pap3---that was awesome...I wanted to write..."what she said"...but I didn't think I had better do that...you really nailed it exactly....you should definitely speak for (at least me) more often!! LOL!!!

Lbh--I don't know...between you and Rusty's post...I had to pull out my dictionary a few times with some of those words....yikes...I think I need to read something besides kids books!!! LOL!!! Green eggs and Ham just isn't cuttin it trying to keep up with your lingo!! HAHA!

Howdy Bouv and Janice--welcome to the May Flower!! HA!

Lav--hey free manual labor, can't beat that, right?!? I mentioned I can't stand to paint right!!?!? Think I may have beat that topic to death!!!

Dill--So it's National Teacher's Day today (well yesterday by the time you read this)...anyway....the secretary walks in my office and hands me a vase of roses....my dad sent me flowers for National Teacher's Day!!! How unbelievable is THAT?!!? I about fell over!! Perhaps he IS coming around!! Baby steps...

Well I suppose, I better get some zzzzzzzzzs.....talk at everyone tomorrow!!! Have a great Wednesday....oh....did anyone see who won The Voice??? Were you shocked????
      G'd night!!
      SD
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Good morning everyone

:welcome: Bouv and :welcome:back Janice. Hop on board and tell us how you are doing. Some on this thread are like Papmom and have achieved continued sobriety, others are still fighting the good fight but not giving up.

Rusty - good to see you. We do miss you when you are travelling or awol. Are there any new plans in the pipeline, sorry dont mean to be nosy and just fill us in when you feel like it.

SD - Ahh, that was so nice of your Dad, see baby steps.

Lav, Star, Dill, Sooty, Jolie, Chill, Papmom, Blonde, shout out for Shelly and anyone else I missed big hello.

Cant go swimming this morning as I have the washing machine repair man coming. We are going through a phase of everything breaking at the moment!!

Happy hump day to one and all.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

well thank you all for the nice friendly welcome!!! looking forward to my first AF day in a long time today, just reading posts on here last night has inspired me!! Will have more time later to talk abt why I'm back here but I'll definitely be back!! xx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Happy humpday folks, lovely to see so many of us moving along together.

I've been laid low these last few days with an abscess on my tooth, which has been somewhat painful, but saw dentist yesterday and have started strong antibiotics which seem to be working.

Not sure what to do today as yet more rain forecast. It's dry at the moment so perhaps I should go for a walk before doing anything else.

Oh nearly forgot Mr S needs a pacemaker which should be fitted in June, he saw doc yesterday and is very relieved. Still not cheerful, but relieved

Chill I'm glad you're enjoying the course, I didn't realise you were actually doing it with Richard Bandler himself, that must be very inspirational.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

How did I miss this???

Many congratulations Papmom, you rock :goodjob:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Good morning to all...

Papmom, wow, 2 years, your posts tell us the story of your total transformation. I congratulate you on making it through each life challenge, caring for others, and sharing your journey. Thanks so much.

Hello to Janice and Bouv, welcome.

Chill, so happy to hear you are challenged and loving your conference on NLP. Plus, with a friend, it is even better. I am going to a one day conference next week, with a friend, and really looking forward to it. Hope your weather gets a little better, some sunshine and warmth would be great.

Rusty, good to have you back, take care of yourself.

I have been working like a dog, and I am kind of tired. However, feeling fulfilled and confident in many ways, have been eating carefully and thoughtfully, glad it is Wednesday.

To all, happy humpday.
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Good morning Flowers,

Up early & heading out the door - on babysitting duty for a while this morning.

Sooty, Mr S should feel a lot better once his pacer is in place :l

Greetings to rustop, Rusty, SD, papmom, LBH, Dill & everyone.
                  My DIL is being interviewed for a radio show (I'll explain all that later) so I have to go keep the kids & dogs quiet for a while........wish me luck.

I'll be back later,
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Good morning, and happy AF Hump Day, everyone.

Papmom, I wish to echo the many other sentiments. I'm just getting to know you, but I liked you as soon as I saw the photos of your darling Jeep! I especially enjoy your pet wisdom.

Lav, I will give the link to Mrs. B; she LOVES looking for her next special pet. Or two.

We're all neighbors :l, but seriously, I live in Chester County and work in Philly for a big a$$ law firm (I swear that I have 1,400 bosses. Oh, my). Not a lawyer, but oddly enough, I'm in charge of procuring all of the beer, wine and liquor for the many social events we hold. Interestingly, I'm not tempted to sample the goods. My demon is the after work stopoff before catching the train home. But for today, I'm AF.

LBH, a special Thank You. :thanks: Even if you are four million years old, which I doubt, you are wise beyond your years!

Sooty, I'm glad to hear that Mr. S has a diagnosis and a plan; that has to be a relief. Prayers for a swift recovery are sent your way.

Hi to Chill, Dill, Fly, G-Bloke, Jolie, Janice, SD, StarGazerLily, Blondie, Sunni, Cyn, Almost Famous, Sausage and anyone and everyone stopping by!

All the best,

Bouv

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

5 years later...

I found this site April 2007,I was drinking too much & it was my life saver. My mam was seriously ill, a drinker for many years and was in & out of hospital. But unexpectedly it was Dad I lost - grieving for him,tog with my kids being at uni..empty nest etc didnt leave me in a gd place! Mam is now in res care with severe dementia & after a really bad time last year, she's as 'settled' as she can be considering what she's put her body through. I managed periods of AF...30days, 60 & 90 but then I wld suddenly decide I could moderate my drinking, that I could be 'normal' but I cant. In 2010 I took on a new hobby...running which was amazing & kept me off the wine for some time but injury to both knees meant I had to give it up. You can guess what happened. So here I am again with my tail between my legs; there are no embarrassing moments to talk abt, I function, I get all my jobs done etc but if I'm in the house on my own during the day I start to drink...sometimes as early as 11.30am. I will shower & drink tons of water before anyone comes home hoping I can disguise my day. My hubby drinks over the weekend & we openly talk abt the fact that we drink too much, but he doesnt know what I get up to when he's not around. All the old tricks are back. I can easily polish off one and a half, sometimes more, bottles of wine. I wake up most nights in a hot sweat but whats different now is that I can feel my heart racing, pounding as if its going to jump out of my chest. I'm 50 in July, I know my health is at risk & I cant keep doing what I'm doing to my body, I'm scared. I gave up work last yr to be able to visit mam (I live 300 miles away) so find myself spending lots of time on my own which suits my addiction.Its not fair on my husband & family though & enough is enough. Oooh sorry this is one big waffle...there's so much I havent put in but nevermind, I'm here, Day 1, and hoping Life Begins at 50!!! Thanks for reading....looking forward to getting to know you all & intend to stay close. xx
                      AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Hi, Janice. I hear you. I'm a 54 year old guy. As recently as yesterday, I was able to rationalize a few glasses of wine after work because it was my best work friend's birthday. Ridiculous. But I didn't stop at a few - went home and watched sports and had more.
                        Tonight, I have a meeting at church which will keep me out of trouble until I'm past the temptation - usually from 5 until 8 pm on workdays. After that time, I'm usually okay. So, I'll Day 1 it with you, if it's okay with you. I'm new - I first posted here around the beginning of April, and now I'm ready to get serious.

Blessings and encouragement to you,
                        Bouv

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

thanks Bouv, nice to meet you! Know what you mean about able to rationalize, that inner voice telling you its okay, it wont hurt, you're in control, you can stop after x amount of glasses but it doesnt work like that!! I'm home alone, knowing my hubby & daughter wont return until 7 tonight by which time I would normally have had a full bottle & hidden all signs!!!! The number of times my hubby has come home early & there's been an almighty scatter as I quickly have to find a hiding place for my glass/bottle at 3pm in the afternoon. Then I have to quickly eat a bag of crisps to take the smell of alcohol away.....its all just too hard work. Yes, I agree, its time to get serious....Day 1.
                          AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Hi everyone, I think it's time for an AF check-up. Haven't had a drink for 2.5 years but I can feel myself doing the relapse thing...you know the "one won't hurt" thoughts. Anyway, someone yesterday told me to "be good" and my first thought was "F@ck that, I want to feel like me again" Guess we all have thouse thoughts from time to time...

Will read more later and figure out who is who...

Anyway, I recognize Rustop and Janice from years ago.
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Welcome back Beck!
                              Better to stop in & hang around for a while than let those stinkin thoughts get to you
                              Congrats on your AF time, it's precious!

Bouv, we are neighbors!!!
                              But I promise I won't pester you :H
                              I live in southern Chester Co, as far south as you can possibly go. Fairhill, MD is in my back yard & Jolie is not too far from there. Some day we will have to meet up for lunch or something
                              My daughter worked for a law firm just outside of Philly, I remember the 'party atmosphere' there.
                              Hope you can avoid the pull!

I'll admit that I'm a 58 year old granny of three & LBH can't be much older - or is she? :H :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - Week 2

Hello budlings!

Welcome back Janice... and Beck, wow. 2.5 years and the stinkin' thoughts still creep in? That sucks. Maybe there's something in the air this week.. I'm only at 7 months but have had to push myself past the wine aisles today. Congrats on your AF success and good on ya for coming back.

Hello to everyone... need to get going; no time to yap. But I thought I'd leave you guys with some May flowers

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X