wed morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed morning

Hi all.went to cinema last night and after went to pub and had 2 glasses of wine. I didn't mean to and felt really tipsy.I am doing this thing that i do.I smoked on sat, and I've put on weight so now it's an excuse to give up enf feel like failure with all my goals.
    i felt so much better af - I'm planing 4 drinks sat for bf party but after that af until 11 march.
    I was so much happier/livelier/more postive once my initial mood swings levelled out.
    I don't have hangover today but feel groggier and am concenred that now I won't do gym tonight, extra cals I've taken in from wine and that I may smoke again this weekend if i drink and will be fat.
    help me someone to unnegatise(new word??) my thinking, I feel stuck and like I've made 20 steps backwards.I'm not good at picking myself up and need to learn this.
    one day at a time

wed morning

Oh come on bear, you can do this....Ok, you have had a couple of glasses of wine, you smoked and put some weight on....Then you say, " its an excuse to give up ". Oh no its not..Let me ask you something, who is in the driving seat, you or that person in your brain suggesting so seductively that you do all these things??

bear, you are driving this car and that other person is just a passenger, pull over to the kerb now, open the passenger door and boot him out, take back the control and don't allow that passenger to tell you where YOU are going to drive YOUR car.

It does help if you can give that voice in your head a face and a body, its easier to take control, to make them look weak and snivelling and to imagine yourself as the strong one, the one who says NO.....

Stay strong,
    Louise....
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

wed morning

Bear, make me a promise - promise that you will go to the gym tonight and exercise for just 10 minutes. If you feel like leaving after that go ahead, but I'll bet that once you get going you'll want to stay, and once you are done you'll feel 100% better.

ALWAYS works for me, plus you'll have your workout in, have burned off those calories, and turned your stinkin' thinkin' around to the positive.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! BE POSITIVE!! :whee: :whee:
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

wed morning

Happy Valentines day to all of you Abbers, Lurkers and whoever else may be reading this.
        I am very happy today, what a wonderful surprise!!!!! Thank you and all is well with the world. Although the physical world outside is frozen and I feel sorry for the birds and all the beasts, who don't have central heating.

Bear, I cannot ad anything wiser than Irishlady and Aathlete have already told you. I just know that the notion of "pick me up by the whatever" is a livelong exercise and applies to so many areas of our life. Or course you can do this, because you are the boss of you.

Everybody, take this day and indulge in giving and receiving love and kindness. If you feel like it then stuff your face with Pralines to boot.
        Lori
        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

wed morning

:heart: LOVE TO ALL~ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!:heart:

Yesterday I took my daughter to get her ears pierced. It was girl's night out. We went to the mall, ate, got her ears done & went to Build-a-Bear (store where you build your own stuffed animal) for V-day. It was wonderful.

Why? I was sober. Last time we got her ears done (2 yrs ago when she was very little) I was buzzed & when it was time to change her earrings (3 mo later) I was toasted again & yanked on her little ears trying to get the earrings off & could not get the new ones in-duh. She cried & then refused to have them in & they closed up.

Not this time. A new step forward. Never want to go back & remember life's moments with a cringe.

AF 55. Have a great day!:h
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

wed morning

Happy Heart Day to all of you lovely abstainers. Thanks for the continued and daily inspiration I gain from each and every one of you................Bear, listen to these wise people. You can turn it around.

Sea, what a lovely evening with your daughter. When I took my daughter to Build-A-Bear a couple of years ago I cried like a baby for some reason. It was just so sweet.......
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

wed morning

Hi Guys,
              Happy Valentines Day to you all, I love you ! all of you !

Just has a weeny slip, not gonna get maudlin and beat myself up cos I have made such enormous strides it would be pointless...I just have to be more aware I'm so easily led. Lunchtime, my mate says come to the pub, yep I think, I'll get a diet coke...will I hell. Just one glass of wine, but that's not the point. Next time, I know I can't go to the pub yet. We'll go somewhere else.

Anyway, congrats to Popeye on his promotion, missed it yesterday. Bear, if I knew where you were I'd come and give you a big hug, Irish, lovely to see you and your lime again.

Everyone else - don't eat toooooo much chocolate, oh go on then

xxxxx

Comment

wed morning

Hello Everyone,
                I'm not really one for St. Valentine's Day. It's a Scottish thing. Cards and flowers cost money, which I'd rather share with my wife than with Mr Shopkeep.:H It's just as well. I woke up this morning with an enomous scab on my top lip, a hangover from a cold I had last week. Susan won't kiss me at all. I think I got away with it this year.:H

I hope you have the day you wish for.

Comment

wed morning

Paul - posting at the same time. Loved it ! So scottish, my partner is from stock scottish too, won't buy flowers cos they die, tries to buy me pot plants, but I can kill them as quickly so it's as pointless !!

Comment

wed morning

cheers guys have kicked self up bum now - you're right I am in charge fo this and I want to be be a non smoker/be fitter and nto drink heavily so there!!!
                    Not off to gym as coming down with stinking cold but am feeling much chirpier all the same.
                    An evening of crap TV is all I fancy tonight - marvellous!
                    from a more positive bear:goodjob:
                    one day at a time

Comment

wed morning

Paul, I am with you on Valentine's day and money. So is my husband apparently.

Day 31 here.

Comment

wed morning

My cats must be Scottish also cause they didn't get me a darned thing for Valentine's Day!!

Bear- glad you are feeling better ..umm well, feeling better but with a cold. It takes a lot of internal dialogue to get us going I think. It sounds like you are dreading the days that you have pre-arranged to drink.
                        I'm glad I read this just now. I slept in this morning and did not go to the gym. I had a luncheon today and ate too much...Now I don't want to go to the gym tonight (I'm trying to go every day in the month of Feb and so far I've missed 3 days for being sick). I know I will not want to go tonight but I'm just going to do it anyway. AA - I like your trick too cause it has worked on me a few times..just 10 min! Works every time.

seabreez...congrats on 55 - that is awesome!

HAPPY Valentine's DAY!!

Lisa

Comment

wed morning

It is in the air today! If you din't get anything today why not give someone something? Like a random act of kindness!!! Open a door...pick up a tab for a stranger...not booze... but food or dry cleaning or a movie ticket...a flower for a old person who is alone.. It cost very little to be kind...
                          This is for all of you who make my day everyday!

Bigggggg Hugggg!!

Love you all!
                          Nancy
                          AF

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

wed morning

HAPPY VALENTINES!!

Well unfortunately my evening didn't go quite to plan...my bloke is rather poorly with a chest infection...so our evening at his and my meal is cancelled till Sunday :-(. He did however bless him make the effort to come and see me for a few hours and brought me flowers, choccies and a bottle of moet...and he was so apologetic bless him, it was so obvious that he's ill.
                            Hope you are all well and enjoying your day

Loves and hugs

Lou-Lou x x x
                            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

wed morning

Day 33 here, Hope all is well

Victoria
                              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X