X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, the 16th.

Good morning Abbers,
    How is everybody?
    My hubbys B.Party on Valentines went well. Needed all of yesterday to catch up on so much else and did not get a chance to post.

As I mentioned in some other post, I had planned to have 2 glasses of wine at our party. I should have known better. I ended having 5 over the course of the evening and felt under the weather the next day. My body is telling me that it does not want anymore poison sessions.
    I CANNOT DRINK ALCOHOL ANYMORE!

Staying AF is so much easier. There are no issues to consider. Every sip of wine I had, I drank with the utmost of guilt and I did not even enjoy it. So what's the point. None of my friends would have noticed if I had had only water or juice and they would not have questioned me either.
    Well I am back on track and will hopefully stay the course, as the alternative is simply to ugly to consider.
    Love you all.
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Friday, the 16th.

Hi Lori
    Pleased to hear your Valentine / Birthday party went well

Interesting what you say " My body is telling me it doesnt want any more poison"
    I am glad that you are listening to it.

It seems that almost everytime I read someone here considering mods after a period of drinking - they end up dissapointed. I think poor Bear has just been through this. (but she will fight back)

I think it is easier to stop than to moderate. When I was trying to moderate I was always focused on alcohol - now the preoccupation has faded considerably.

Best of luck to you
    regards
    Changeling (51 Days)

Comment

Friday, the 16th.

Changeling, I agree - AF is the only thing that works for me.

I've been lucky in that I've been able to (for the most part) stay AF without meds - but I SHOULD/do know that I'll never be able to do mods. Like you said - when I've tried in the past I've always failed because, in part, I spent way too much time thinking about it. Out of sight, out of mind seems to help....
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Friday, the 16th.

I agree with you AA...I will probably have to go for AF... It's early in our journey however...
        Control the Mind

Comment

Friday, the 16th.

I'm with you - no more booze - no booze last night.
          big party tonight and i decided I may drink tonight as at mo more hassle to try to stop at bloke's 40th.
          My plan is to buy my own 2 drinks or I may even not drink but hide fact I'm not drinking.

Tomorrow I am af again. this really sums up for me the bizarre bind of 'social' drinking - i feel i have to drink fit in but don't want to - not very social is it??
          This may sound rubbish but party has been v stressful to organise and it will be something else to think about tonight, I don't want anymore pressure today.

but we'll see I may go af - it's just if people notice I'm not drinking and encourage/hassle me I will then set myself up to fail tonight and drink - i can feel it. Then i will feel that i can't go af again and have failed.
          anyway thanks for all your support - i already feel optimistic about af again - i didn't drink last night and feel much better.

Interesting since i started drinking last sat i have put on 2 pounds, not been to the gym once, drank in week twice when my plan was always af in week and ate huge unhealthy takeaway last night due to hangover - takeaway wasn't even that nice and another takeaway last sat pm.
          anyway thanks for listening - see you in abs land maybe even tonight but definitely tomorrw
          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X