AF Daily - Monday, June 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kas- that behavior is unacceptable from ANY employee, daughter or not. Can you give her a warning that if she pulls that unprofessionalism again you'll put her on an unpaid leave? Would that even scare her? I'm sorry you don't have support on this from her father. I feel bad that you're dealing with this tricky situation.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

health rant below. please disregard if you have a life:

Soda / Burger Det – interesting article … you cannot have your 30 oz soda and drink it too… Here I am fighting the “fruit juice” being pushed on kids. Coca Cola has bought all the local producers (considered competition) and transformed what once used to be a small industry of peach and apricot nectar with a limited shelf life into the dreaded “Cappy” juice – that I call “crappy” – the only fruit in it being the one on the label. SUGAR is the white death.

Shue, thank you for being interested in fighting the 'junk juice' pushers. I believe that almost all fruit juices are junk food and if anyone is as hard headed as me then they should get their own glucometer and test what even 100% fruit juice does to your blood sugar levels. one word: blam! please don't just think of sugar as the white powder, wheat products have the same effect on our blood sugar and are even more addictive than straight sugar amazingly (I really didn't want to believe this as I was sure whole wheat bread was 'ok'). but it's sadly not. once again whip out the glucometer and it will demonstrate that it's not a complex carb at all, but a simple one that deleteriously cranks up our blood sugars. two thin slices of whole wheat bread is equal to 10 teaspoons of sugar per Mayo clinic nutritional numbers. think about that next time you make a sandwich. (I now do lettuce wraps instead).

so we could 'tax the sh*t' out of these folks I suppose although my favorite idea is education at the local grass roots level. this is why I volunteer for the Weston A Price foundation and help them with local nutritional lectures and presentations which include Q&A for those new to the program and how to eat real food on a budget. we do this with zero burden to taxpayers and the rewards in terms of feedback from attendees is very heartwarming. having folks that were initially very skeptical about a higher fat, lower carb diet call/email back months later and rave about how they and their children are no longer stricken with diabetes and a large list of other maladies is wonderful thing putting it mildly. it keeps us going and shows us there is hope in grass roots education.

end of rant

Kas the only thing I can add to Lav and Almost is that working with family is always a challenge and many find it unrealistically difficult. wish I had a better answer but that's it.

be well everyone
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone and thanks so much for the help and comments. I would warn her, put her on leave, etc, even fire her, but I have less than two weeks to finish this work before its all under water, and where else am I going to find a GPS operator who knows most of the latin names of the plants out here in the west Kootenays with a population of 7000?

To answer Lavs very astute question, she has worked for a sawmill as a cleaner, and that made an improvement on conditions before that, when she and her sister were absolutely incorrigeable. Embarrassingly insuffereable every day, in front of clients, even, which is a sin. I think I have no choice but to simply negotiate for peace for now. And when the time comes hire someone else to do the data entry, and other stuff. I have a trip up north coming, shes expressed interest in it. I will have to advertise. I need someone fit, a botanical and toxicological nackground, with GIS and mapping experience. I do realize this is a dream job for the right person, I get applications all the time, but i dont have time to train someone on these very difficult study of little juvenile wetland and pasture weed plants. She also knows the study area, etc etc. Ive done this basically to make sure she gets a university education with little debt at the end.

I should also say, she does appreciate this some times. She seems to be very syrupy and super sweet some times, and then absolute living hell on wheels the other times. She is a born again Christian... if that explains anything. She has a bit of bipolar tendancies, and shes smart as a whip, but like YB, a burden to herself. And me.

Like I said, I would just like to retire. :0

Love to all,

Kaslo
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Wow Kas - we do have a lot in common....dealing with difficult people
          We are only human but I think sometimes we should be blessed with superpowers to help manage these folks

Hi Det & Almost!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

You're making dead-end assumptions about assistant possibilities. Kas, you deserve someone who shows appreciation and respect for you and the employment opportunity. Put that advertisement out there and see what the universe sends you.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

For Det ~ in case you haven't seen this

Food Ingredients - Yeast, Sweeteners, Food fibers, Flavors
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thanks Lav!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks Greeniegal. Well the short end of it is, we have to be in the Res in Revelstoke 360 kms away by ten 30 tomorrow morning. And completely able to start out of the truck with no preliminary discussion. She will do it, and she'll be fine for some if not most of the day. But yes, I will put this into my professional adverts, for the remainder of the season.

Just to follow up on Dets comment, I grew up in a "family business". I did ok, because I totally kept my mouth shut, did what I was told, well, and slid under the radar. But my older sibs were brutalized. It was mosly a family slavery business. Child labour, with regular beatings, intimidation, denigration, you name it. So I have made it my job to not do it the same way.

Thanks everyone, you have confirmed my suspicions. Some times, because its just me out there, I wonder if Im deluded or what.

kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm back on the board after about a year or maybe more? I managed to stay off drinking for about 6months and then it gradually crept back into my life. Now I want to try again with the help of My Way Out forum.
                    Day One and not even sure I can do a day! But with your support maybe x
                    AF since 11 July 2011
                    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

Treya strength to you dear. you CAN do this
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X