Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Tuesday June 5

Lavande;1329843 wrote: Crap - too cloudy today, couldn't see Venus

Sauteed my home grown Swiss chard in EVOO & GARLIC with a pinch of pepper flakes. Went along very well with my leftover vegan lasagne - yum
    It was perfect, sunny and a clear shot of the setting sun from my front yard. Made the pinhole viewer... nada. Avoided permanent blindness by looking at it directly - as warned on the NASA site where I watched it. Not much in comparison to the eclipse.

Envious of the chard!

Kradle123;1329868 wrote:
    The Queens Jubilee & Sausage's 103 !!!
    :H Go sausage!

sunnybutt - time for :bath2: after all that!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

the chard sounds great, but .... vegan lasagna? how is that possible?

no meat, no cheese, no pasta. is it a bowl of sauce?

Greeneyes, thanks for the cosmology report!

prepping din din....
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Congrats Sausage!! Keep on Rockin'!!

Lav-simple is best. I really need to take that to heart!

Det-why can't vegan lasagna have pasta? Veggies instead of meat and soy cheese for the cheese? Just wondering.

Too cloudy and rainy hear for the transition of venus. So even NASA didn't see it Greenie?

Sunni-glad you checked in-I was worried the little gremlins did away with ya!! :H Do you get time off for good behavior now?

TDN-yeesh, I can't even remember what you said this morning!! Something about working on your day off? Oh, right, shoot. Poor Bud. I sure hope his appetite stays good. Thoughts and prayers to you and Bud. :l

Shue-thanks for starting us off. Fly, Lav, Almost, Turn, Kas-hope you all had a great day!

Today was slipcover day for the paphut cushions. NOT!! hoo boy what a comedy of errors! bad cutting, bad pinning, seam ripping, swearing, dogs stealing and chewing on seamripper (yikes!!), can't figure out how to make the panel corners-nothing on youtube. Finally took the ONE slipcover we managed to somewhat put together to quilting where our wonderful instructor saved the day and showed us the secrets. Now I think I know what I'm doing but am running out of time. and we thought we would whip up all six covers today!! :H :H :H
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Yeah it did! NASA TV's coverage of the Venus Transit - Video on msnbc.com

All 6 cushions :H
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I've been sewing since I was 12 papmom -
            Don't think I could finish that job in one day either!!! Glad you got it sorted

Det - something like this
            BEST Vegan Lasagna Ever! ? conserVegan
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yay Venus! Yay Swiss Chard! Yay Sewing. Everyone sounds great. Det, I do that already. It helps. She was better today. I am falling asleep as I write this. Exhausted from working out in a down pour all day. The gear I wear weighs a lot, and it just poured.

So lets change the pace from landscapes and beaches to the the plants. In my little plant communities today, Paintbrushes are what I found in the pouring rain. These are two spp of Castilleja. C. miniata is the orangy red one. The other is just C. sp. They make a botanists hair curl,though because BOY are they hard to key out. Not that I bother with that much, I usually send the ones I dont know off to be identified by the guys that can sit in front of a microscope all day.

Love to all. I would be looking out for Venus, but the sky is down on the ground here.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Guess my expectations were a bit too high LOL!! Hopefully I'll have one done to show you all by the end of the week (even if I have to pin the back instead of putting in velcro or a zipper which I just realized we should have done BEFORE putting in the 2 side panels! :new

Oh Kas, I LOVE paintbrushes! We don't have them in the east and it was so cool to drive all over southern BC and see them everywhere. In the sun they were especially gorgeous! And boy did we have sun and 90+ temps the week I visited!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

thanks pap, im glad youve been up to see it here. good luck w the zips...not my favourite sewing step,

k
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X