having a tough time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a tough time

Sorry to bother but I am having a bit of a tough time right now - No- I don't want to drink and am not even tempted - I have just withdrawn and am hungry but don't want to eat. My boyfriend and son are out there and I am not mad at them I just am behaving strangely. I have been doing really well and am on day 48 Af but am just a bit weird right now - I don't understand it.

having a tough time

Oh I know how you feel Rivergirl. I am on day 49 and at day 46-48 I was feeling so off. I wasn't craving at all either. Please eat something. It will make you feel better. Even if you just have some broth or something warm even like tea. I was so off and bummed right out as well. Par for the course. You are going to have to be super kind to yourself. Let your husband know it is part of the withdrawal process. Get the rest you need.

Read through my thread in Long Term Abstainers. The people there were so awesome and totally there for me in my time of need. My story may not relate to you but their replies will.

Hang in there - this will pass.

Comment

having a tough time

Morning River Girl, EAT! You do NOT have to put on weight if that is your worry, fill yourself with nutrition you really will begin to feel fabby! Aha I have just thought of another 'time passing' idea, right, going to dig out all my old recipe books and concoct healthy and delicious treats - duh forgot I am a cr-p cook, think will look at the 'what we are eating' site instead! Joking aside River we all have to look after ourselves and our bodies, try thinking of it as not feeding yourself but fueling your body to enable it to give you the strength to remain AF. Betty Boop has started a weekly weigh in thread, I am a weight watcher and have so far dropped 33 pounds but NEVER let myself get hungry but with everything else need the support of others. Thinking of you.

Lorna
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

having a tough time

Ladies, Thank you so much, I did need to eat and finally had some fish - It was just the strangest thing. I tend a little to have a undereating problem - I would usually only eat very much when I drank because my inhibitions and control was down. My weight is okay now but I am 5' 5" and have been down to 95 lbs. I also exercise a great deal. SO I have a lot to learn - it is so weird because when I get like that I know I am not thinking properly but it is so hard to snap out of it.

Thank you so much. It is so good to have this forum to go to at those times.

Rivergirl

Comment

Working...
        X