• Show
Clear All

monday morning

The singing or the "other" Lou?
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

monday morning

LOL..Nancy!!! well both actualy but i think the singing was enhanced by the other...id forgotten how good it feels to drive with youre favourite music on an sing your little heart out!!!! seems my new guy is a good influence on me!
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

monday morning

Hi guys

I have a moment alone...so I am posting... I feel funny to continue posting on "my own" thread. Anyway, contining to try..has been tough. I have to fill you guys in a bit...some on mods know this...I DON"T think it is in anyway an excuse for my drinking, because it is not, but...I do have significant stress right now, so I am going to share it.... My niece, who is 20, has had an awful cancer, diagnosed for about 5 years...a fatal cancer...she has done amazing, considering...but we all have known it was going to get worse. about 3 weeks ago, she had her spleen removed, because she had to, and we were hoping it woud be "routene" if you can consider anything like this routene, and that she would be able to pick herself up and go to Scotland for a study abroad program (she is a junior at Princetion). Well, since the surgery, she had been really sick, and we were hoping it was surgery related, med related, etc....looks more and more like it is progression of cancer....we already have known that the cancer had progressed from her abdomen/overies to her lungs/outside liver etc...but now it looks like it may be bad...but we are not sure. She has a cat scan...was supposed to be a week ago, and was put off. She was too sick to take the contrast (stuff she has to drink) and they were still thinking it may be med related. Anyway, by today, they decided sick or not, she needs the cat scan. So I guess they are thinking the disease has progressed. ok...back...just had a delay because my sister called..no news yet. Anyway, I am my sister's "rock of Gibralter" (can't spell) and the rest of my family is well-meaning but impossible.

OK way too much information...So...YES I AM COMPLETELY STRESSED!!! BUT...that is no excuse....I will always have an excuse for my drinkiing, and I know that. So I am sharing my stress here, because I never share my stress with anyone, anywhere (part of my problem, for sure, I am everyone's rock). So, thank you for listening, if you actually read through this looooong poost. and I don't blame you if you didn't!!!

Once again...you guys are awesome (that saying makes me feel so young lol)

Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

monday morning

Beth, I am so sorry to hear about your niece. I will hope and pray for the best for her and for the whole family.

I don't think that "stress" is an excuse for drinking per se, but I DO think that those of us who tend to bury our stress and always be pillars of strength for other people are vulnerable to drinking problems.

I know that I have a hard time reaching out when I am troubled or suffering. I am so used to taking care of others. It has contributed greatly to my drinking problem. It's not an excuse--it's an explanation. It is still my issue to learn to deal with my problems and stresses in a different way and not resort to drinking.

Also, Beth, you are much more interesting and deserving of attention than you seem to think!

Hugs,

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

monday morning

{{{Beth}}}
            Also for your sister and niece.
            She is so young. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and all your family.
            Love,
            Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

monday morning

Thanks guys...

means the world to me

Hugs

Beth
              formerly known as bak310

Comment

monday morning

Hi Beth...not too long and I read every bit! So sorry about your neice. You are under a huge amount of stress and worry and more stress. I'm glad you came here to talk about it. It seems so many of us here are the "rocks". Helps to just write it out sometimes.
                I'll say a prayer for your neice.
                Hope you hear some good news.
                Lisa

Comment

monday morning

Ok,,,I'm mad too because I just wrote a long post and it disappered.

Beth, I am so sorry about your niece. I'll pray for a miracle... they do happen. Please be a rock for your sister. That must be so hard!!! My heart goes out to you all.

Lisa,I'll say a prayer for your mom. Please remind us again the day before the surgery. You sound so wonderfully strong at 115 days......amazing.

Lou, I haven't been here daily for a while but you indeed sound wondeful!!!!You are doing so well. What a transformation.

All others here in absvile, I can't rewrite what I wrote and I'm sorry i can't address everyone personally as I have to make a quick dinner for my son who just got in.....and I'm ready for bed
                  Have a good night.
                  Janet

Comment

monday morning

Hi Beth,
                    I'm so sorry! The terrible things that happen to others and their families really puts things into perspective. My own problems are as nothing. I am lucky! I'll be thinking of you....
                    and Lisa too

Comment

Working...
                    X