Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaching for the stars - after a good kick up the ****!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 2am now - had the last drink, as is my routine before a quit. Found any drink tonight hard to take. Eventually gave up and poured all remaining alcohol down the sink. Made myself some toast and rhubarb and I feel good and ready for tomorrow.
    Sobriety, here I come!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Daisy, yes we have been here together before and we will do it better this time. Enjoy your night in the luxury of knowing that tomorrow will bring what we are looking for.
      I felt so good today, so relieved - even though I have had a few days without drinking for one to two days, but this is different. I did have a thought about a reward for feeling so good - typical - had to stomp that one out and took my new pal (a dog) to the doggy park....old habits die hard and the routinues/habits have to get broken....
      good luck to tomorrow...
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

daisy45;1354909 wrote: It's 2am now - had the last drink, as is my routine before a quit. Found any drink tonight hard to take. Eventually gave up and poured all remaining alcohol down the sink. Made myself some toast and rhubarb and I feel good and ready for tomorrow.
        Sobriety, here I come!
        :goodjob: Daisy, well done for not just swigging all the AL for the sake of it :l

Toast and Rhubarb? strange combo LOL
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Morning Scottish Lass and Mauri; up bright and breezy and ready for action. SLass, that is how I feel today as well - relieved, and ready for this...
          Mauri, stewed rhubarb on toast - yum. Actually I am just after having it for breakfast. I have only been back drinking a few weeks and in that short time I have gained about 6 pounds - not letting it bother me as I know once I get back to my exercise and living AF that it will sort itself out.
          My plan is to hit the gym in the next hour.....

Comment

I would have the rhubarb without the toast LOL sounds too much like jam to me which I hate!

Hope you have a good workout, I am house bound today with DS with a high temp again trying to get house jobs done and sort out things for my upcoming charity event. Just going to start on making myself a necklace in a moment I got a fab elephant charm the other day
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

So Mauri, the plans have all changed then? You can always have your hotel stay at another time. Things happen for a reason - maybe it is meant to be that you do that when you feel stronger in your sober life.....
              Hope your little one gets better soon......
              Do you make jewellery as a hobby? My sister does and she sells her stuff at local craft fares.
              You must be feeling good already, having reduced the alcohol to so little.....

Comment

Well, nearing the end of day 1!!! Woopidoo!!!!
                My day has been a good one. Waking up early to beautiful weather. My daughter came to the gym with me and I worked harder than usual to beat those toxins out - although, felt sick as a dog for an hour afterwards.(I consider that 'punishment' for choosing to let alcohol back in....)
                Nice wee run to the beach with my daughter and nieces; eventually got my bike out of the garage and spent time getting it ready for action. I have a 50mile cycle in September which I need to get training for.
                I have felt positive and happy in my decision to live a sober life. I would even go so far as to say it's been my best day 1 ever....I hope that is a good sign!
                Oh, then bought myself the tightest pair of skinny jeans ever and went to our local chinese restaurant and fed my face with the biggest grease-feast ever!!! Probably won't get them on now. And I know there is a Magnum ice-cream in the freezer calling my name - just a few of the perks to day 1 - sure why not?!!

Comment

Well done Daisy - sounds like a perfect day! Way to go. I am doing quick check in from work desk as I try to consider getting home without stopping for a bottle or two - I think the girls have a box of magnums in the freezer - maybe I will use that as a way to get home and celebrate your first day, and my third day - good idea!!

Comment

Don't even 'try' to consider getting home without stopping for a bottle or two; change that completely and aim for that Magnum all the way from that work desk - Do not stop!!!!! I'll join you for that Magnum when you get home!!! Great way to celebrate your 3 days - well done!

Comment

Daisy well done! you sound like you are really motivated and that is great news! Very in awe of your fitness regime I hate exercise!!

I dunno if we will get away or not, remains to be seen how DH is tomorrow...
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

WOWWOWWOW!!! Thanks Daisy for the good kick - I changed my attitude from "trying" to being determined to do this, I said no to my bosses request for a drink after work, I actually stopped at the store and bought supplies for a picnic on Saturday, and I came hoem with a 6 pack of NA beer - I am so proud!
                        Daisy your words hit home - I needed an attitude adjustment, I needed to tell myself that I was going to do it, and I did it!!

Sorry about your weekend plans Mauri....I hope the family gets better, maybe you can have a rain check??

Comment

Good on ye' SLass! I think I am realising myself that that is maybe where I went wrong last time. I need to keep a total focus on how glad I am that I am living sober. It is not what or if or how, just this is it, so enjoy every minute of it and count each blessing as it comes along - there are so many.

I did go to bed last night feeling like a bit of a pig after eating so much, but was so glad to wake up early to another beautiful day. I went to a funeral this morning - the mother of a friend. The priest spoke so highly of this lovely lady. She had lost her leg and an eye to cancer and was awaiting a hearing aid, yet she continued to live a happy, giving life - she was simply an inspiration.
                          I did think then about how any of us would want to be remembered - I know that if I had to choose over who I was 2 years ago and who I am now, which I would pick. And it can only get better. We each have a chance here to live again; I mean 'really' live....and I want to grab it with both hands.

Comment

:goodjob: on your day one daisy :l
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Aw Molly, thanks. I am lucky enough to have had quite a few (albeit short at times) AF stints over this past 2 years. Facing the demons of the past is the part I have found most difficult - what I have said and done under the influence; the guilt, the shame, regret. I feel that during each AF time I have dealt with some of it, bit by bit. I know that for anyone on their first go AF, it is a tough one to face and sometimes can throw you backwards - just looking in the mirror and knowing how ashamed you are of the person you have been.....I feel I am able now to concentrate on the positive more....

I also think, looking back again, that my sleeping patterns had a part in my last fall; I have always been a bit of a night owl. When I stopped drinking, I accepted that I had nights where I didn't go to bed until all hours in the morning; but after the initial few days or couple of weeks, I should have addressed that. The late nights were interfering with what time I got up, how my day started, and then how it progressed. While everything was 'ok', it just wasn't what it could have been. I had replaced alcohol stealing my days with sleep deprivation.
                              This time around I have decided to set my clock early every morning and get up; 'cultivate the habit of rising early' (Henry Thereau). I am hoping, or should I say, I know, this will make a difference to how my day starts and how productive I am, therefore adding to how good I feel and therefore more grateful once again for sobriety...

Comment

Cross-post Mauri; ta! Looking forward to you officially joining me!

Comment

Working...
                                X