July's Jolly Journey ~ Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pings that boy dog is OK Cyn, esp. since you are scheduled to travel next week. Hopefully just a fatty tumor which do grow like weed. Will be thinking of you so please let us know what the vet says!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning all!

Rusty, you should just come here as I believe the weather conditions here rival that of Alabama in August
      Sorry about your client being so non-responsive. Sounds like a YB passive-aggressive move to me. He should at least tell you that he's moved on.
      Enjoy your time off, sounds good!

Chill, I've been a home owner since 1974. We only lived in rentals for the first 16 months we were married so I am used to having the freedom to keep dogs, chickens, elephants, whatever :H
      Seriously though, I'm sorry it's so difficult for you to find a dog friendly place. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

papmom, I haven't had a drinking dream for quite a while now.They are annoying as hell but they do serve a purpose I think to not become complacent Hope you have a good demo day!

cyn, there was actually a tornado warning posted for the Pocono Mountains area the other day - absolutely unheard of!!! We are experiencing such bizarre weather events here on the east coast Hope your doggie is OK!
      In addition to my security system I found more storm related damage yesterday - network cards in my work computers - wtf? I had YB here last evening making a list of things I need replaced - swell.

Another overcast, hot & humid day here again today. This is getting real old, believe me.
      I am actually getting some anti-inflammatory relief from swallowing 2 Alleve tablets/day. The itching is still present but minimal. The only problem is taking Alleve in combination with my B/P med has caused me big problems with bruising in the past ~ can't win.

OK, time to rid my house of some dog hair. Have a great AF Saturday everyone
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav, it never would have occurred to me to take Aleve for PI. Hmmm. I take Aleve every day now since my back injury. I also bruise more easily. Doc says I shouldn't keep taking it long term, but I still need something for pain. I'll talk to her about it at my next appt which will be in October.

Papmom, that was an interesting dream. I can't fathom what it means, but a sip of champ is such a small thing. And you stopped. That's the important thing. Even in your dreams you put on the brakes! I think it shows you are becoming stronger and stronger in your sobriety.

Cyn, I never even heard of May Sarton before I found that quote. Looks like a google search is in order.

Rusty, good attitude!!:goodjob:

Chill, "Good things come to those who wait." The right rental will come along, I am confident!

Jolie, LBH, Rustop, Fly, enjoy your af Saturday.

I'm off to my granddaughter's first birthday party.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy week four a bit late from here. I am keeping up with your events and schlepping onto the Drink Tracker but otherwise I still don?t have much energy after I take care of everything around the house and garden. Just a little virus I am fending off I think. Last night when my lungs were tight I had a brief fantasy of a hot whiskey toddy, but it soon floated out into space along with other odd mental debris. Don?t be scared of a dream, Pappy, your reality as a recovered person inspires me every day. Rusty, I am sorry your (former) client failed to respond, passive aggressive bozos can be the most disorienting, so glad you see things for what they really are. I hope your doggie is OK, Cyn, years ago when I was much younger (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had a Doberman mix with a beautiful smooth shiny red coat, and he would get big lumps and bumps seemingly overnight?always benign but unsettling. Enjoy your grandchild?s birthday bash, Dill, One Year is a really big birthday. Keeping you in my thoughts, Chill, I remember the many years when I was a student having the stress of locating affordable rentals that allowed pets. They are out there for those of us who won?t be denied:l. I love you, Lav, your secret it out, quit frolicking in the weeds. Hi Star, Rustop, Jolie, Fly et. al. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

Good Morning Everyone

Rusty - I wouldnt be so sure this guy is being ignorant to you, its probably just my Pollyanna but I think something big is going on with him and I hope you eventually get an explanation, in the meantime enjoy your wonderful time off! :yougo:

Papmom - I agree with everyone that drinking dreams are great reminders of where we dont want to be and please dont fret over the exact content. I cant remember if I told you guys but when I was away on my reiki retreat we had a intense ritual one night of letting go of things that were no longer serving us. That night I dreamt the exact opposite and was bringing back into my life what I wanted to let go of. I was so upset and tearful the next day and at breakfast I shared my dream with the others. One girl who was a dream therapist asked if I wanted to do a session with her. It was amazing! when she explained how to look at it, the dream turned out to be far more positive that Id realized. Whoever is in your dream is always different aspects of yourself.

Cyn - Yes turmeric is a great anti-inflamatory as is ginger and rosemary is worth a try too Lav but I know you have probably tried all these.

Lav - I bought my 1st little apartment when I was just 23 but sadly in todays world its just not an option. The property prices are so high and yet the banks are lending so little and I would need to save for 20 years just for the deposit :upset: Its one of the places I can no longer allow my mind to dwell, I just have to get on with right now or I slide into self pity. I meant to comment on the pic of Lily, she really is very special looking and would make a brilliant pears advert.

Dill - How was the 1st birthday party? :bday3:

LBH - sending you some healing vibes :l

Rustop - how was the horse show? We still have dry weather but its supposed to rain again today, whats it doing with you?

Having gone from months of focusing totally on my studies, as they are nearly finalized, im suddenly very restless and eager for the next chapter of my life to begin. I used to be someone who had to have everything mapped out and to know exactly where I was in life. What the last 2 years have shown me is that we are amazingly versitile and adaptable beings and I would never have dreamed I could live comfortably in complete uncertainty.
            I know I've said it before but I really believe God allowed me the chance to get sober just before the shit hit the fan to give me the strength I was going to need.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Chill thanks for that wonderful post, brimming with joy and good vibes as you navigate your way through choppy waters! I agree that God has had a hand in your recovery but it is you who have responded and acted. Once again I say to you, well done! :l You are an inspiration.

LBH, I am so sorry you are under the weather and send you healing thoughts. :h I am going to go look at your row of "0"'s today. What a sense of accomplishment they must give. I have tried to get on the drink tracker but it simply does not work for me. I've tried a different browser but that did not help. I contacted MWO about it through email but got no response. I will just have to keep track on my own kitchen wall calendar!

Kylie's birthday party was a success. She was so happy with all the attention and the new toys and clothes. Kylie's other G-ma bought the exact same gift for her as I did though!! She offered to return hers as she is closer to the store, so Kylie will be getting yet another gift today, or very soon at any rate.

My son has been out of work for months now and it has been a very difficult time. However, finally, he starts a new job today. We are absolutely thrilled, especially because it is a direct hire, not a temp agency job. Such a relief!!! I will be praying to God that things go well and he flourishes at this new company.

Enjoy an AF Sunday!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning to all...

Chill, dreams can be disturbing, how cool to have a dream therapist there to help you sort things out. I do believe you will find where you are supposed to be since you keep looking. It is so great you gave yourself the opportunity to study something you are interested in, totally immerse yourself in it, and to not work for a few months.

LBH, hope you get well soon.

Lav, poison ivy is no joke, I am constantly on the lookout and avoid anything with three leaves. I did not know alleve could cause bruising, but I guess any and all medications have side effects.

Cyn, so nice to hear from you, sound busy as usual. Must be lovely to travel often.

I have had a busy weekend with guests, lots of food preparations, and family time. Last night took a long and lovely bike ride with my son-in-law at sunset. It was good to get away from the house and get some physical exercise. The weather here has been perfect, 50s at night and 80s during the day. I am going to be outside today as much as possible. Hope this weather comes your way Lav, later in the week.

The Olympics have been fun to watch, I love when they are on TV, it would be so awesome to be in London at this time. To all, have a meaningful Sunday, filled with all good things.
                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Dill, cross post. So happy your son will be working, the stress we feel for our grown children can be wearing when we love them so darn much. You are so lucky to be close to your grandchildren. Have a good day today.

Comment

Good morning friends

Another wild storm with crazy winds blew thru here last evening. It's a touch cooler out but the humidity remains

First BD parties are fun Dill - had two of them this year
                    I have started telling my DIL what I am buying for the kids because we have had duplicate gifts from her Mom as well. Glad your son found a job, these are difficult times for sure.
                    Aleve causes bruising in the same way aspirin can in some people. I just happen to be one of those sensitive people. I had to do a lot of research to find out why it's such a problem when combined with my B/P med ~ what can you do??

LBh, hope you are feeling better soon!
                    My Mom used to call it 'Summer Complaint' & know I know what she was talking about ~ yuck.

Chill, stay as positive as you are right now & something surely will pop up very soon for you
                    Btw - I have been loving & sharing the pics from Positive Outlook on FB. Very cool!!!

Star, I am profoundly jealous of your weather right now. Sure hope it comes this way :H

Not sure but I think son & family & YB will be here looking for free food today. I'm always the last one to know :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning AF Friends,

Well, I am leaving for Utah for work in just a bit and thought I would check in and say hello. If any of you are feeling blah today, or feeling a little bit down on yourselves, I have a tidbit to make you laugh. I just went into the laundry room to pull my pants out of the washer and guess what, in the washer, resting comfortably, was my Iphone.:H It must be the cleanest Iphone in the whole state....it just doesn't work.:H Why is this so funny to me? Because it's just one of several boneheaded things I've done in a slew of missteps and boo boos since I flunked my exam. I'm AF so I won't be throwing a tantrum like I did before when I lost my Iphone another time.....as I was drinking....my temper was very short. Now I can just be grateful that 1) I have the time to get a new one on the way to the airport and 2) I can afford a new Iphone 4S with Facetime.

Cyn-what does Mr. Tree (cute) do for a living? Also, you have Weimys and I just love those dogs. My friend is in his 80s and Weimys are the only dog he and his wife have ever owned. Also, I hope your dog is ok and it's what Pap thinks...a fatty tumor.

LBH-I hope you were able to fend off that virus.:l Has the heat been getting to you? I suffer from a similar affliction. Happens every summer. At least here it's cooled off, finally. Did Lord Bird Heart accomplish his mission (you had put him on a plane)

Dill-I'm so glad your son found a job and you were able to enjoy your daughter's 1st B-Day.

Chill-you are a continuing inspiration to me with your positive attitude.

Pap-how did the demo go yesterday?

Jolie-how is everything going with the granddogs.

Lav-I hope you enjoy a nice day with your family.

I was feeling blah and blue before I realized I had drowned my Iphone. You may be familiar with former South Dakota Senator George McGovern? Well, his 61-year-old son died yesterday from alcoholism. His daughter, Terry, also died when she was drunk (her BAC was 3x the legal limit) and passed out in the snow on a winter day and froze to death. George M. was saying that he had tried every type of treatment for Terry and she could never stay sober for very long. I guess it made me think of my own family and our AL history.

Star-I am glad you are enjoying your weekend. It sounds relaxing.

Ok, time to call my mom and tell her not to try and call me on my phone for a bit. Ahhh....I feel a lecture coming on.:H Well. let's see....when I was drinking, I lost 1 Iphone and fried 2 Ipods....sooooo....I'm getting better, I think.

Have a wonderful AF Sunday, everybody...and anyone I may have missed....SD, Rustop...Sooty.....

Comment

Rusty,

Wonderful post - what a great attitude you have! I'd be mad but after all, it is just a phone and it can be replaced. I had no idea the story of G. McGovern and his family - how sad.

Lav - do you just constantly keep your pantry stocked with food ready in the fridge for a crowd? That would stress me out! I like to have everything planned when I have people over for dinner and always stress right up until dinner is served! I admire your adaptability!

Star - sounds like a lovely bike ride you had! Please send some of that weather our way - although today wasn't too bad.

The grandog is doing well Rusty - thanks for asking. We've taken all three dogs down to the beach and worn them out playing catch so that they are too tired to get on each others nerves Everything was going fine until dinner time - fed the granddog out in the garage as I have to sit with my two to make sure one doesn't eat the others dinner. Went to check on the granddog and found he had peed all over the garage - ALL OVER! Lovely mess for me to clean up. Must say I handle things so much better when AL isn't in the picture! Cleaned it up and all is well again.

Started Hatha yoga on Saturday morning - love it but a little sore today. Goal is to do it every other day (if I can).

Okay - must get up early to get all the mutts out to the kennel and then get myself to work!

Have a great AF night everyone!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Yep Jolie,
                          I'm as flexible as one can possibly be largely due to a lifetime of dealing with shiftworkers (myself included). Funny that YB had the gonads to tell me I was controlling :H :H
                          He had all his laundry done, meals cooked regardless of when he worked.
                          Welcome to the world of grandog pee, been there & done that too

Rusty, so you have a clean & shiney iPhone - hmmmm
                          Glad to hear you kept your cool
                          Hope you have a great week!

I don't know if Jolie saw this or not but this is what I found outside after dinner tonight

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Well good Monday morning one & all

I'll be back later - have to get ready for an appointment.
                            Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning to all...

Well, I made bad food choices over the weekend and now I am paying. I slept poorly last night, chills and hot flashes, achey and heart pounding. Back to being vegatarian and no sugar. Lav, does that type of reaction happen to you when you eat things that are not good for you? It is kind of scary. I know it is worse because I ate well for two-three weeks in a row.

Also, I stayed around the house and did not exercise. Today I am going for a bike ride before work and doing some yoga. It is really worth it to eat well.

Nothing much going on this week, just work that has slowed down. I am OK with it as I will take it easy. Anyone reading anything interesting? Let us know, I need some good ideas.

Rusty, have fun in Utah, the new Iphone is cool. I love facetime.

To all, have a meaningful Monday.

Comment

Hi Star,

My food intolerances have gotten pretty bad over the years
                                If I eat or drink something that's on my 'no' list I have almost immediate reactions.

The biggest things in the hot flash/night sweat department (to stay away from) are:
                                white flour (breads & pasta)
                                sugar
                                super spicey foods
                                hot liquids & alcohol of course
                                caffiene

If I have soup it can't be boiling hot, same with coffee & tea (decaf). I only indulge in regular coffee in the mornings.
                                I'm just back from my yearly gyn appoinment. The NP & I have known each other for years, we always compare stories. We just agreed that even being on HRT, watching what we eat & drink, etc there is no controlling the weather. When the temps are in the upper 80's, 90's & higher with high humidity....hot flashes are just going to happen. End of story :H
                                Btw - she is the only person who has noticed that I lost weight over the past year, said I look real good. That made me feel good

I haven't been doing much reading lately......can't get interested in anything.
                                We all have facetime on our iPads but no one wants to use it :H Probably just as well :H
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X