af day Monday 20th Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Monday 20th Aug

p.s. And again, I recommend checking out Beth's book (see 'Remember Me' post on General). I haven't received the first yet but the second, which she is giving free as a PDF to MWOers who buy the first, is great - so positive and full of great life-changing think.

Comment

af day Monday 20th Aug

Doggygirl;1366789 wrote:
      What?? I don't understand what you mean?? Asking for help was a mistake?
      DG

Sorry Doggygirl .... I just read my post and went What? as well.... But if you read carefully I said: I'm not going to NOT
      reach out again. (Double negative, my bad) :H PQ

Comment

af day Monday 20th Aug

:H :H DG,
        FF = Fire Fighter. YB has been a volunteer fire fighter since we were teens so hiding at the fire house was always part of his secret behavior. Think back to the days when there were no cell phones - only a pay phone at the fire house & I didn't dare call that # looking for him. He also spent many years in different executive positions there including president & that meant more hiding at meetings. Moving on to another man at this stage of the game is just not an option for me -
        NO FANKS :H
        I'm considering training Stella (my crazy looking chicken) to flatten his tires when he shows up around here

porqoui, I sure hope you feel comfortable enough telling us anything. We all truly do understand
        If we sound overly positive, happy, enthusiastic, whatever it is probably because we are so freaking happy to have the monkey off our backs ~ freedom from AL is a good thing

Waiting for the rain to start again here ~ what else is new??
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Monday 20th Aug

[QUOTE=Lavande;1366853I'm considering training [b]Stella[/b] (my crazy looking chicken) to flatten his tires when he shows up around here
          porqoui, I sure hope you feel comfortable enough telling us anything. We all truly do understand
          If we sound overly positive, happy, enthusiastic, whatever it is probably because we are so freaking happy to have the monkey off our backs ~ freedom from AL is a good thing
          I love it. Chicken on the war path. My neighbour had a guard TURKEY. You didn't dare go on the property when it was around!
          I sure feel more comfortable telling you guys anything after fessing up to my slip and having you all stand behind me. PQ

Comment

af day Monday 20th Aug

Wow...lots going on, thoughtful, and thought provoking and inspiring.. PQ, I am remembering your first days and you sound so great compared to then.

Ive already posted something I hope encouraging to The Sunflower on the general topic thread and i really hope she rests up and comes back soon.

Thanks as usual to DG and Shue for putting the whole DUI thing in perspective. Its very important to me, obviously, but really I just want to see people get better here, thats my thing, and its really all I care about. And I dont think people CAN get better until they face their particular demons and stare them down. Its tough, but so necessary. If I could have helped Emile Thompson get better, and stop drinking, I would have done it. Even though, obviously I wanted to personally spit in his eye.

Lav you are an amazing person, smart funny talented and wise You are the same age as me so not yet dead. Maybe you dont need another man in your life, but how much better would it be if you made a clean break from YB and just moved on? Is that possible? Send him your fondest regards and call it a day, month, life...?
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

af day Monday 20th Aug

Lav....you can always show YB some balls by taking up with a golf pro. Preferably hot and Swedish. You betcha.
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
              X