Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Thursday, August 23

Hey Lilly!

No sightings of Spinach lady, but there sure is plenty of spinach breath here, a powerhouse of nutrition.

Hang in there. Our bodies/minds can take awhile to heal after all the abuse we've dished out to ourselves. Be patient, 'cause as you know, you will feel much better soon when that/those 'down' feelings pass, as they do. Sometimes we just have less than good feeling days. And tomorrow is often a completely different day and kettle of fish. (mussels anyone? yum)

You are doing a sensational job, and at times like these, we must just plough through stubbornly. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks for the shoutout, TDN. I appreciate it. I have been lurking but not posting.

I am finishing up day 18 here, and feeling good.

I am so overwhelmed with all the activity on the abs forum that it will take some time to address everyone individually, but I do find the reading to be very interesting and helpful.

I'm glad you're back on the wagon, Deter. We should be getting good at all this abstinence, ya think? It's just too bad that we can rack up so much time and then forget where alcohol took us way back when, and we have to learn (and quit) yet again.

Have a good night, TDN, Kaslo, lifechange, Lavande, Turnagain, Porquoi (glad to hear you sounding so upbeat!), Guitarista, and Lilly. I Hope I didn't miss anyone!

YahYah
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Just lost my entire post, so will start again in the a.m. Hope Mick is back to serve up the coffee!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Did Mick go on holiday? Mick?

Missing your chirpy posts and birdy pix!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hey Yah and G-man! Glad to see you popping in but nothing is wrong with lurking...:anon:
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Wow Turn, your chickens are really going to clucking love you someday :H
              Mine would love me more if I cleaned up the coop more often (it's dusty in there)

Greetings to everyone tonight!

Lilly, funny that I have an 18 month pld grandaughter named Lily!
              I really try to keep a lid on the bitterness but it does bubble up from time to time. Love, marriage, promises, raising a family, careers, extended family, etc., etc. just sucks the soul out of you & leaves you
              My primary goal is to retain the sanity I have left & enjoy whatever mind peace I can muster up

YahYah, I'm young at heart too even though 3 little kids call me Mi Mom now!
              I honestly don't know where I would be without them.

Hi G!
              Always wonderful to see you here.

Det, you are sounding more like your old garlicky self - great!

Hope Mick & his toe are OK
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello,

Just a quick check in. I've been kind of tired this week. Hope to catch up Friday night

Another day down. Strangely not excited about the up coming goal. Hmmmm
                AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

thanks G-Bloke!

YAH, my fellow ol timer friend yes we have racked up some experience points indeed. I'm really not sad about my progress even including slips along the way for the following reason: I know AF is my happy place, and since joining here I've not been perfect but I've been 99% AF and that's WAY better than I was prior, so playing this by the numbers I'm winning big and will grow old with my lovely happy wife. obviously my goal is 100% AF and I won't stop getting better at this.
                  thanks everyone for your care and friendship. nice to be back with you all.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X