AF day Friday 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Friday 24th

lifechange;1368214 wrote: Doggygirl! i also want to hear more about your first days back at school when you have a chance. so much homework! at what type of a school are you studying? it's funny but up until recently i'd never really thought much about (though of course i knew it existed) addiction counseling. where do you do the practical part of the program--interning? and where are you hoping to work when you're finished? i know, a lot of questions-- but i love that you're on this path...
    Yes DG,

Like Lifechange, i am interested in these details too. Hope you're back in the study groove as comfortably as possible.

Congratulations on 15 days TDN!

How are you going there Shue?

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Hi all ... no lightning last night so my "doggy sitting" was easy. Don't know about tonight, it's looking pretty ominous out there. Just wanted to check in while I can.
      Mick - yup I'm feeling good and paying attention for those snakes.
      Lifechange - thank's, I'm feeling stronger every day.
      Sausage - CONGRATS ON 6 MONTHS (how many days is that Mick?)
      Lav - haven't I read on here somewhere about gratitude vs deprivation thinking?
      Deter - WOW, what a pic. Hope you're feeling stronger, don't know you yet but hope to.
      Raven-Joy - pleased to meet you.
      Guit - survived the triage, thanks, and am on my way.
      Although I'm out of my routine this weekend I will definatley be at my Home Group meeting Sunday morning. May not be able to post, but will be reading. Have a great AF Weekend everyone. PQ

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Good evening, fabbies! It's good to see everyone doing well and happy.

Mike, you are so good to start the thread most mornings. How do you come up with so much to say and remember everyone? Well done.

Congratulations, Sausage! 6 months is super!

How are the studies going, DG? Inquiring minds want to know! I hope it's going well so far.

You are sounding so much better Porquoi!

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better, Deter. That fire looks scary. I hope you have a good firebreak around your home. How is Dx, incidently?

That is very interesting stuff about the Amoryn, Lavande. I just restarted Wellbutrin, but I am interested in a more natural approach, and I am going to look into it.

Shue, it sounds like torture what your husband did! I think I can take others around me drinking if it isn't wine. Good for you for taking care of yourself!

Anyway, nothing new around here, except I'm still sober.

Hello to everyone I didn't address by name. I'm still learning my way around here!

Hugs,
        YahYah
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Sliding in here to say that I am good and so is the family. I will be back to post when I am up to it.

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

As always I get support I didn't know I needed.

Mick I think you are right about how I feel. I can't share this achievement. I have told people I am trying to loose weight so I'm not drinking. And because I have not been honest they will all still ask if I want to meet for a drink. They. Don't know I can't have just one.

PQ wasn't that light show amazing? Must have been a long night for you.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks on MWO and I am grateful - a little tired this week but happy to have found this site and thread. This is my first time admitting to anyone that I can't drink like normal people can. Ha. Normal people. I hate that word. I have never wanted to be considered Normal. Ugh

Tomorrow i will kick start the weekend with a morning bootcamp and if the weather holds a bike ride in the river valley.

Have a great AF weekend everybody.

Life - I will go back to the beginning for a little reality check

Sunflower - hello
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Hi Everyone, Sunflower I am glad to see you check in. Kids are good I hope, and you? Congrats Sausage, you must be justifiably very proud. I hope your hub is just as pleased as we are. Shue that hub of yours...boy. Chinese water torture.

Hi Gman its nice to see you posting on this thread... Maybe Greenie will show up now your here :H

Det that picture is scary. Is that some kind of gun sight in the middle, how did that work? Cantoo, its true that this achievement which is so huge to us is something that is not a popular announcement, but it really resonates with people who understand, namely us.

Hi Lav, Mick, LillyE and all others. LillyE, I have to say you write some of the most interesting and thought provoking posts on here. You are a very kind person too,

I havent much to report. Summer is drawing to a close, and my daughter and two grandkids are making their way up here to see me. I am feverishly working on stuff so I dont have to work very much when she is here. No big earth shattering events or anything.... Turning the hot tub back on..... Brrrr! I will have to put the shorts and tees away soon. :upset:

Kas
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Kas, I took that picture with an ipad that has a 37mm optics adaptor/frame on it and then attached a Leupold Mark4 TMR spotting scope (with ranging reticle) which is visible in the picture. it's part of a system we sell to military and police that adapts to night vision, thermal cameras and rangefinders as well. geeky fun stuff.

glad yer kiddos are coming to commune with you
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

Sunni, I am so happy you posted. You'll be in my prayers.

Det ... thank you so much for the offer but I am stuck on the iPad, no chat available. Unless you know something more.

Cantoo - I have been a closet drinker, feeling so lonely for not being able to tell anyone. Being successfully AF does not have to be the same. We all here cheer for you and we just just how hard it was to get to where you are. Well done.

I found it cooler and cooler to tell people I am not drinking, and I say it with such conviction and pride sometimes that it takes them aback. Let them think I have a problem with AL since I nonlonger drink. I know secretly some will question their own drinking. And that is a good thing.

MiL is landing in today ... I have rehearsed my bit and will stick to my plan.

Lilly - kas is right, I like your thought provoking ways. I am still thinking about what you said, coming completely clean with hubby .... I still think it is not somethng I'd do yet. I told him plenty already ... and he still does not get it ... because he is not an addict. And the other reason is very selfish: I enjoy a hardearned position of power in our relationship ... took me years to get here. If he sees any weakness or lack of good judgement on my part he will turn 100 % Alpha, no power sharing there. I think the strongest message I can give him is not through words, but through my actions, and that is to continue not drinking.

As for the chinese Sauvignon Blanc drip torture ... it is just something I am goin to have to learn to endure.

Be well, fabbies.
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Friday 24th

[QUOTE=shueaddict;1368517]

I found it cooler and cooler to tell people I am not drinking, and I say it with such conviction and pride sometimes that it takes them aback. Let them think I have a problem with AL since I nonlonger drink. I know secretly some will question their own drinking. And that is a good thing.

/[QUOTE]
                    Shue - I know exactly what you mean by this comment, I'm starting to feel this way too.

Comment

Working...
                    X