af day Thurs 13th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Morning all....thought I would get in first..its 5.30 am and I am gone in 15 minutes...but just thought I would claim the early up prize!!!!Cant mensh everyone by name, but hope you are all ok . Coffee getting poured down my neck now.Hi Lav,rest day after childminding, Shue you ok? pm if you want,PPQ good morning,Welcome tx, and hi to Cantoo the strong.
    Chef..too early for food pour moi but morning,Hi Det you ok?...and who could forget the KY??-dont have to thank anyone for listening thats why we are here.Well done YAH..stay strong..

Take care all...aps to all I have missed

Mick :l
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

af day Thurs 13th Sept

HI Mick and all to come.
    What had you wandering around the Army barracks yesterday ?
    Did they make you tea and cake?

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Afternoon all, is it ok if I join in?
      I have been having trouble staying A/F lately and I really want to do this but I feel like I need the support of this group as my hubby does not understand as he is not a big drinker. plus its always good to get advice from people in the same situation as me. The longest I have been A/F for is about 70 days and it felt great so god knows why I went back to drinking I think I thought that I could Mod but that is not really an option with me, I have 3 lovely boys and I dont want them seeing me drink anymore. I am on day 2 today and I am feeling good. I have decided to take a couple of days off work as I was getting stressed out and that is a big trigger for me so its really nice to have some time for some proper cleaning of my house...lol which always makes me feel better.
      I hope you dont mind me posting here but I have been following the thread and you all seem to support each other and at this moment in time I really do need alot of support
      Thanks
      Ronnie xx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

ronnie;1377407 wrote:
        I hope you dont mind me posting here but I have been following the thread and you all seem to support each other and at this moment in time I really do need alot of support
        Thanks
        Ronnie xx
        Hi Ronnie and welcome, drag up a chair and settle in. This is a lovely thread inhabited by lovely people.
        I THINK I'm right in saying that it is more social than 'how not to drink', we are committed to remaining AF and most are long term abstainers ( I snuck in a couple of weeks ago and I think they are just too nice to kick me out LOL).

But let me be bold enough to be the first to say. :welcome:

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Good glorious morning fabber dabbers,

I am up to my eyeballs in work but I need to squeeze in 30 min each day of AF work ( MWO and Smart).

Last night I was supposed to have a date night with hubby - he blew me off and went on for a few beers with his alcoholic golf buddies. I went home alone, slightly pissed off and self medicated my anger with a very simple asparagus cheese omelet and an episode of Downton Abbey. He got in about 9 PM, half starved. I made him quick prawn noodles and got him the glass of wine he wanted. He had 2 sips and left it there the whole evening in front of the telly. In another life I would have self combusted from anger, but not last night. I was INDIFFERENT to the friggin’ glass, and hub’s attitude and the whole thing. Finally I was content with myself and that was all that mattered.

Mick – you do beat me at the early bird contest. Nothing serious on my mind last night, I just find it nice from time to time to have a chat.

Texas bird – I read all your posts, OMG, you said it all. Kudos for you for staying AF. Hang tight in here, curiously I find that abstinence can be really contagious in this thread.

YahYah – Feck the sister, she’ll do what she wants anyway, don’t let her derail you. You are on to something extraordinary, don’t let it go. And don’t get annoyed. Being AF is all about you, not her. You have it in you to stay AF with or without her help. Recently I gave in 11 days into my holiday. I gave my brain a holiday and BAM! – back to stinkin’ thinkin’ .

Lav – you are amazing, you know. Seeing my parents so happy taking their grandkids on holiday, still in good health and good humor is inspiring. I want to be a healthy sporty granny someday and have all that joy. Talk about long term goals …

kuya;1377365 wrote:
          in fact it is worse because they KNOW the mess they are in, see their patients who expect them to be all knowing and perfect, and the terror of what they are knowingly doing to themselves fuels the need to escape further into addiction.
          Oh, KY, that sounds like hell on a completely different level. I did not mean to be condescending, it has occurred to me that since doctors ( MPs … ) keep drinking and find it hard to stop than it is addiction after all, not just a case of “you should really have more will power!”.

Chef of very few words (but I am glad you are not tourette syndrome - Gordon Ramsay) – what are you cooking today?

Cindi, Ronnie, do stay on …

200+ days of smokin’ Sausage
          , busy Lilly
          , hotel Det
          , subarctic Kas
          , turn ankle Turnagain
          , Gman
          , PPQ, Cantoo
          sans buffalo poo, and whomever else I am missing – have a super day ALL :h:h:h
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Morning all,
            Welcome ronnie, all sorts of things on the stove today shue, Salmon's in the spotlight, pesto crusted...with spaghetti squash and grilled eggplant...I'm off to the soup cauldrons to bubble up some vittles...be well all and have a scintillating AF day...
            Chef Robaire
            Nicotine Free: 02/02/2008
            Alcohol Free: 04/01/2014

"It's a Good Feeling to Know Somebody Loves You"....Poco

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

ChefRobaire;1377455 wrote: Morning all,
              Welcome ronnie, all sorts of things on the stove today shue, Salmon's in the spotlight, pesto crusted...with spaghetti squash and grilled eggplant...I'm off to the soup cauldrons to bubble up some vittles...be well all and have a scintillating AF day...
              Chef .... do tell me about the crust for the salmon ?

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Good morning everyone!
                It's Day 3 for me and I'm feeling better and better. Had a lovely dinner with a friend last night and then had an excellent sleep. I'm back to work today and feeling just fine with that. Looking forward to staying busy.
                Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

txbird;1377470 wrote: Good morning everyone!
                  It's Day 3 for me and I'm feeling better and better. Had a lovely dinner with a friend last night and then had an excellent sleep. I'm back to work today and feeling just fine with that. Looking forward to staying busy.
                  Hope you all have a great day!
                  Good to hear Texas, you are sounding so much better, isn't it amazing when the alcohol starts to clear?

Have a great AF day

KY

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Good morning Abbers!

Enjolying another coolish, bright & sunny morning here
                    I just love this time of year even if I do have to put up with hayfever symptoms :H
                    Actually, my allergy symptoms have been much less severe the past few years. Thinking it has something to do with healthier living

Mick, Chef, Satz, KY, Tx, shue, etc., have a great AF day!
                    Ronnie, commit yourself & get the job done this time around!!!!! Glad to have you join us

I'm meeting some old friends for lunch after getting some paperwork done this morning, no babysitting today ~ perfect :H
                    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Mick wins the prize...

Good Morning all. Mick there is just no beating you, the prize is in the mail.

ChefR just wanted to say CONGRATS on Day 25. Looks good on you. Have you ever considered posting on the Recipe forum? I know I'd follow you to learn your recipes.

Morning Satz always good to see you post here. I usually have to search you out to get my Satz fix.

:welcome: Ronnie pull up a chair. Mick usually spends more time around here in the mornings but he's got an early start today so let me say Congrats on Day 2. Taking some time off work for yourself is an excellent idea. Watch out, you might get hooked on here and not get much cleaning done.

Shue I was so glad to put 1 zero after my 2 let alone 2 zero's. My new goal.

Morning Txbird
                      like KY says you're sounding much better. Keep us in your pocket for that after work temptation. We're here.

Morning KY
                      see you've been slipping in and out of other threads. :H I think you're also right in saying it's more social than how not to drink. I personally learn more from listening to peoples own experiences than I do from someone lecturing me.

Hi Cinders
                      glad to have you with us, looking forward to getting to know you.

I've met all my deadlines so I guess I have to buckle down and write the Recommendation Report for my boss. I gotta say, I love my job. BTW, meeting with the lawyer again on Friday. Feeling really positive about this. Hopefully she'll give me a court date and I can get this over and done with. Trying to wake up so off to pour my 2nd cuppa. Have a great AF Thursday everyone and all to come... PPQ

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

Lavande;1377487 wrote: I just love this time of year....
                        Morning Lav...you snuck in while I was typing. Just wanted to say this is my favorite time of year too. Have a good lunch and a much deserved break from the babysitting. PPQ

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

PPQ

I can slide into and out of threads with ease. Once I am in the mood, and baby tonight I am in the mood:H:H:H:H

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

porqoui;1377489 wrote: Good Morning all. Mick there is just no beating you, the prize is in the mail.

ChefR just wanted to say CONGRATS on Day 25. Looks good on you. Have you ever considered posting on the Recipe forum? I know I'd follow you to learn your recipes.

Morning Satz always good to see you post here. I usually have to search you out to get my Satz fix.

:welcome: Ronnie pull up a chair. Mick usually spends more time around here in the mornings but he's got an early start today so let me say Congrats on Day 2. Taking some time off work for yourself is an excellent idea. Watch out, you might get hooked on here and not get much cleaning done.

Shue
                            I was so glad to put 1 zero after my 2 let alone 2 zero's. My new goal.

Morning Txbird
                            like KY says you're sounding much better. Keep us in your pocket for that after work temptation. We're here.

Morning KY
                            see you've been slipping in and out of other threads. :H I think you're also right in saying it's more social than how not to drink. I personally learn more from listening to peoples own experiences than I do from someone lecturing me.

Hi Cinders
                            glad to have you with us, looking forward to getting to know you.

I've met all my deadlines so I guess I have to buckle down and write the Recommendation Report for my boss. I gotta say, I love my job. BTW, meeting with the lawyer again on Friday. Feeling really positive about this. Hopefully she'll give me a court date and I can get this over and done with. Trying to wake up so off to pour my 2nd cuppa. Have a great AF Thursday everyone and all to come... PPQ
                            Thanks PQ - Glad someone seeks me out :yay:
                            You'll ALWAYS find me in & out of the Army Thread - every day !
                            Call in anytime :l

Comment

af day Thurs 13th Sept

ronnie;1377407 wrote: Afternoon all, is it ok if I join in?
                              I have been having trouble staying A/F lately and I really want to do this but I feel like I need the support of this group as my hubby does not understand as he is not a big drinker. plus its always good to get advice from people in the same situation as me. The longest I have been A/F for is about 70 days and it felt great so god knows why I went back to drinking I think I thought that I could Mod but that is not really an option with me, I have 3 lovely boys and I dont want them seeing me drink anymore. I am on day 2 today and I am feeling good. I have decided to take a couple of days off work as I was getting stressed out and that is a big trigger for me so its really nice to have some time for some proper cleaning of my house...lol which always makes me feel better.
                              Thanks
                              Ronnie xx
                              Hey Ronnie - GREAT to see you on here :l
                              Each day gets better and I can honestly say I have forgotten that just 2 months ago I was drining a bottle of wine or few G&Ts every day. It's AMAZING how a habit can creep in but just as AMAZING how you can stop it !

Comment

Working...
                              X