Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Hi All
    Congrats chef job well done. Welcome to base camp one on your journey up the Mt. I always looked at each milestone as another base camp along the way.
    This trip is not for the faint of heart. Yet with time al fades into the background. The support on this tread is so positive always good to read.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

I am not a politician...nor would I want to be.....please remember in your thoughts WPCs Nicola Hughes and Fiona Bone murdered by a scumbag in Manchester today ..RIP
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Good evening, fabbies,

I am a tired travelling Shue, but a happy one. I have so much to be thankful for ...

Today it is 2 years since I have taken on this project I am now visiting. Year 1 has seen a definite increase of the alcoholic drinking patterns .... More more more, and then some, on the sly. Year 2, well I have been trying to shake the monster off.

But here I am, lovely top floor hotel suite, mini bottles of Moet in the minibar and no drinking thought. Could not have done it without MWO and you all wonderful peeps.

Mick, I recorded last Downton, Sunday night is reading only in our house. You do seem to know a lot about birds, mate.

Oh, falling asleep here, I promise I won't hog the sleep fairy.
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Hi Shue .sound pretty tired.....get a good nights sleep....... Leka nosht i sladki sŭnishta.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Merry Wednesday morning here, the sun is shining , the birds are singing, I had eight wonderful hours AF sleep and it is now day 19.

Two questions folks, the first to all you lovely Abbers ......... I wake up aching all over and feeling more toxic than when I was drinking. The feeling doesnt last long, about 5 minutes, but I remember it was the same on my last 9 week sober.

Does anyone else find this, and to you longer Abbers , does it stop?

The second question is directed to Shue, it has been doing my head in for the longest time, where, approximately, is NEW EUROPE??????

If you don't give me a rough idea I promise to haunt you, relentlessly, in the afterlife, y'hear!!!!!

Anyway ..... See y'all tomorrow /tonight ....

KY

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Wow i have some company this morning, how are you KY?
              I cant help with the aching body im afraid, mind you as soon as i open my eyes i am up making school lunches and running around after my boys:H so my head is awake before my body is.
              Yes Shue please tell us where you are from? I like the thought of travelling especially if you get to stay in posh hotels, well done on keeping A/F you are doing really well.
              Im feeling great once again this morning, i forgot how good it feels to be A/F and on a really plus side my marriage is alot better :h
              What have you all been doing today/yesterday? I hope you have all had a wonderful day and are being kind to yourselves :l
              Right im off to my next challange of the day. ... Trying to wake my boys up
              Sweet dreams everyone xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

First Cup of Tea

Mick....finally its gotten cold enough....to enjoy hot tea...in the morning! I loved it!

I am in the process of putting up a TV....workout bench with weights....so I can lift to TV The fitness club I visit, used to be a high priced country club revamped.....I love being there....its just not always possible. I usually read my magazine on the Stairmaster at home in the am....and my time there flies.

I finally reached the mark in my job.....to get pretty nice bonus at the end of year! All thanks to kicking alcohol/smoking to the curb. Personally for me....its positive reinforcement.....that keeps me sober.

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

ronnie;1379988 wrote: Wow i have some company this morning, how are you KY?
                  I cant help with the aching body im afraid, mind you as soon as i open my eyes i am up making school lunches and running around after my boys:H so my head is awake before my body is.
                  x
                  Yeah Ronnie, I find it hard to find people on live when I am awake and in need of a chat, and that's the value of MWO, you don't have to talk ABOUT quitting but you know that when you say something about your day you can be pretty certain that people realize the implication without you spelling it out.

Hope your bitch co-worker backs off from you, there is nothing worse than this type of stress.

Have you tried a direct approach with her? I have found it very effective to defuse bullies by openly admitting to them how hurt you are. You can start by suggesting that it may be in your imagination but You feel so sad that we aren't getting on and it is really stressing you out and can we talk about it, maybe over lunch? And if you can't say it to her .......write her a letter, which has the advantage of your having a copy.

I have often found that when you directly confront someone with the effects of their actions it forces a change as well as empowering you.

Just a thought Ronnie,,hope it helps

KY

Once these

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Hey everyone, ive been busier than a one armed paper hanger, as they say. And annoyed with work, run off my feet and exhausted but hey, CONGRATS Chef. You are doing great! And if I have missed any others, fill in the ____. Found myself lurking beside the liquor store today, briefly considering the fact that I could get away with it, and realizing I would not even go into the place unless I had to for some reason, and certainly not for me. To pick something up for some one else, MAYBE. To say work is driving me to drink is putting it mildly. I would like to pitch the whole thing, but there is a thing called MORTGAGE lol! And CAR PAYMENTS. But even at 19 months and a couple of days, I can still work up enough angst to want to buy wine, ever briefly. I mean it just crossed my mind, and exit stage left but it was definetely there. What did I do? I sez to myself, get real, Kaslo.

So that is my story. I need a holiday, I think.

kaz
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Hi KY. The answer is a big Fat yes. I can't remember when ( but we are all different) but one day the ache was gone.

Oh look Kas slipped in. Yes to a vacation ( or at the very least a crazy busy weekend to make you think you've had one - just heard that on the radio).

And today I couldn't stop eating. Ugh feel horribly full. My only movement tonight was to the kitchen. I think the 69 year old running partner is going to leave me on the trail tomorrow.

Hmmm. Not sure what's up with all this food.

1 day closer to AF goal #2.
                      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

AF day Tuesday 18th Sept

Wow. What was that?

A bunch of short unrelated sentences....

Sigh.
                        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                        X