Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hello everyone,

Hey guys, I just feel fresher by the day. Long live Topa! For the first time in months, I slept well. OK, I did work overtime yesterday, but just the fact that I feel I'm getting the better over the addiction is just such a relief.

Personal life is going better as a result. I feel like regaining control. Positiveness coming back, motivation coming back. I've been in a positive relationship for the last 5 months, and feel I can move ahead now that I feel that I have my addiction under control. I felt the fact that I could not control my booze intake so well, how could I burden my partner with such a habit? That won't be fair? Anyway, it's all looking up.

It's like in the song ... I can see clearly now the rain has gone (shitty song, but it sort of is true, grin ...).

This afternoon, I'm off to brief my doctor on the results of topa and MWO. He's never heard of it, and while prescribing topa to me, he'll be interested in hearing about the outcomes. I hope he'll be able to brief others facing the same ordeals. Anyway, over to you ....
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Friday, 2 March 2007

Good Morning,
    Glad you're feeling good.
    Day 20 AF for me today. It's around this time that I start to crack usually, but I feel strong.
    Thank you all.....

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Good to you Paddy! You are an inspiration...hope I can get past my first week-end, and be AF!
      Popeye, nice one, I have not been AF for any week-end over the past 5 years! BOO HOO (do something about it then, I know) It is hard, and even worse when the week-end approaches...like you said, any tips?

Mel
      Mel:upset:

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hi melanie,
        For me, Friday night's the killer. If I can just get past that, then Saturday seems easier to deal with.
        A lot of people find that coming here and going on 'Chat' can carry them through the toughest few hours.
        I tend to keep busy, anything that keeps me away from the shop is good.
        In the end though, it's all about determination. I fail when I 'forget' what I'm trying to do, and why. I just think....sod it, and the next thing I know I've a half empty bottle of vodka in front of me. Even while drinking, I don't want to do it. I try not to be so hard on myself if I slip, because I realise that I am doing well and things are so much better now.
        I wish you a happy and content Friday melanie.
        Best wishes for today. ( you can do it.)

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

morning well i caved last night and had 2 glasses of red wine.had friends over and i was tired and had hada hard week.
          domn't feel too bad - we could have had loads more but i do feel a bit fuzzy!
          anyway back on it now until 16/03 and then until 05/04 and then back on it.
          I like the idea of just drinking in special occasions (and I mean really special ones) - i seriously need to track myself though because last time that spilled over into a special week!!
          I'm feeling thinner now the weight loss is starting to kick in, kind of disappointed with myself but it's a fresh day today and I am trying to live in the day.. sorry am not really sure who it was who was discussing living in the moment in yesterday's thread but thank you so much.
          must get better with names - have a good day all kind of day 13 for me but really day 1.
          much love
          Bear
          one day at a time

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

hi guys, day 4 for me now, and day 3 of 25mg topa & adrafinil, day 5 of kudzu & hypno. sleeping well, feel fantastic (understatement) for being AF, having no cravings whatsoever. brain feeling a little odd due to drugs, but quite nice actually. think it is prob the adrafinil - was v curious to give it a go, even if I didn't experience topa-brain-fog. everything seems a litle bit sharpened and crystal clear,my appetite is decreased and I have masses of energy.

husband now going to take kudzu and do hypno. woohoo! best news I've had in years.

Bear - give yourself a break. can you imagine being disappointed w yourself about having 2 glasses of wine before you started MWO?!

Popeye and Melanie - good luck tonight and tomorrow. My 1st AF WE - Saturday is my test - mates here for dinner and lots of booze flowing...

Paddy, I'm so glad the topa is working for you. your thread is the reason i ordered it. So glad too you are in a great relationship - have always thought you sound SUCH a lovely man. your partner is lucky to have you. (don't worry, I'm not a cyber stalker).

Love to you all and wishing you a fab friday from Sunny Spring-like Surrey, Kate x:l

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hello to all and thanks to all. Starting day 5 AF. Feeling good. Got to work until Monday so my week end wont be until then. thanks again Tom

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hi bear,
                two glasses ain't too bad.
                You're doing great. I think you're a star. Keep it up .

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hi all again,
                  Kate and Tom.
                  Well done.
                  I'm glad you're feeling good.
                  bear,you're doing great.

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Greetings to all...

Weekends are hard....sooo make a plan to make it your weekend and not alcohols weekend... Go to a museum, a movie, bookstore and get a good book, organize a room... set goals and do them and realize the victories... this all helps the self esteem and gives us more strength to make the right decision on Drink...

Best to all this weekend...
                    Control the Mind

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Good morning Abs!

Ahhhh... Friday. I kind of laugh at myself because I haven't worked in over a year since being at home with my child, but I still look forward to Friday's! Funny...

Good job to you all for your AF days. Paddy, melanie, Kate, Popeye, bear and welcome TOM!!

Great job Tom on your 5 days!!!! I just love your avatar too. Too funny!

This weekend will be interesting for me. Ex is coming to town to visit with his daughter. I have been doing some mental prepping - so feeling strong and stuff. It will go well. It is all what we make it right? I am glad to be sober and have this time under my belt. My coping skills are getting stronger by the day. I KNOW I can deal with this. I am doing this for my child. Anyway...

Slept like crap last night. I don't feel tired however. You know when you have one of those sleeps where it is very light.... I am not expending enough energy lately. Need to get motivated and active. Spring is coming so there is no more excuses for me.

Have a great Friday you all and the rest to come! :h

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hi everyone, This is day 6 AF for me. This weekend is going to be busy with kids in state hockey tournaments. Going to try not to forget what I' m doing here and end up drinking.
                        Popeye that is so true when you start forgetting you just kind of fall right off the wagon- at least I do. Hope you all have a great weekend. Aquamarine
                        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hello and good Friday to you all!

So nice to hear so much positivity and support going on here. Day 53 for me...still astounds me when i type how far iv come...and yep wkends especially Fridays are always tough..not as bad as they were in the beginning for me but i still get that initial "Friday feeling" old habits certainly die hard! The good thing is that i know i wont drink.
                          I have for now sacrificed my social life as i still don't know if i could go out with all my friends who drink and not do the same...but i'm hoping that ill soon reach the point where i can do that...till then I'm playing it safe. Iv not hidden this from any of my friends and have been honest when explaining my reasons for declining to join them and thankfully have had nothing but support from them...which has helped me immensely.
                          So tonight for me will involve watching tv...posting here and reading my book, followed by a mug of horlicks then bed...gosh that makes me sound old!!! Ah well i prefer to sound old than to go out and get horridly drunk...I am happy and thats the most important thing.

Wishing you all a wonderful wkend

Lou-Lou x x x
                          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Good job Lou!
                            Control the Mind

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Come on Paddy - I like that song!
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X