Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hi All~ here's my novela

Haven't been around at all b/c of nursing school. I'd wake up, go to school, come home, breathe for about an hr. and then study till I went to bed. I never had time-not for myself or my family. ull Needless to say 2+ weeks ago I had a drink after having many days of sobriety. :xxx: Last night I had a meltdown & cried nonstop(I studied real hard for an exam & almost failed it and then it was brought up that I drank after quiting).

Well today I made the decision to quit school. I'm not sad but relieved. I still have 2 degrees to fall back on and that career change wasn't for me.
    What's important is that I now have time for my family and most of all I know my sobriety won't be jeopardized by that stress.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

And you know what's funny? I drove my daughter to school today (1st time in over 2 mnths) and she picked up my keys and goes "Mommy I like this key chain". And you know what it says...I never read it but she reads it outloud:

God never shuts one door without opening another!

I :upset:

I missed you guys and now I'm back baby! :whee: Day 14
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Sea, great story!!!! I know that feeling of extreme relief when you unload something that is just not your thing and breaking you down. Good for you for doing what you needed to. ANd great job on 14 days!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Ah, SB that is great. I am happy to see you are back. Keep going strong. We love you!

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

hey guys, that is great SB, good to hear you are on a good track, I hope all goes well.

I am off tommorow morning for some training for the month of March. I am not really sure what kind of Internet access I am going to have while I am going to have so if you guys don't hear from me it is because I am stuck without access, not because of anything else. I finish March 29th, so if for some reason i cant find a way to come on here between now and then, that is when I will be back.

Day 49 for me, I am excited to hit day 50 tommorow, and even mor excited that day 60 is just around the corner, I have a doctors appointment on the 2nd of april, it will be the first time iw ill see my doctor since the day i broke down in her office and asked for the topa. If i make it to that day (which I am confident I can do) that day happens to be day 80, I am excited to arrive in her office a changed person, well...not really changed, but better. I dont think I will have to worry about alcohol that much during march, i will pretty much be going back and forth between classes the whole month, so i think i will be fine, just gotta keep focused, and I will have a roomate (errr) so that will keep me on my toes. I hope the time flies by.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

Victoria
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Victoria, good luck with your training! You are a very strong-spirited woman. You will do great. Keep us posted when you can. Until then have a good time, and learn lots!

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Happy Friday!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well, and doing wonderful things! This is good to hear, that there is life after abtinence What a concept!!!! It is good to quit something that is stressing you out, I agree, had towuit going to night school for the same reason, I work all day and all I had to look forward to was going to school or racking my brains out studying on the nights I didn't have school. I was just like you SB.....

Victoria, I think you will do great in the training, at least you will be able to concentrate and not be all "fuzzy"......

Everyone have a great weekend, I will be really busy w/ kids and baseball and a big horse show (pre-olympic trials) that I am vollunteering for......the show is next weekend, but I need to be "orientated" this weekend........if I don't get a chance to check in, will do on Monday..

Love and hugs everyone:h

Mary Anne

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Sorry Gabsters, it is a nice song (I used to listen to it when on the booze, so baaad memories are tied to it ....), and SeaBreez, great story (albeit it should really be called - real life experience, right - your daughter is a real darling!) - it's just as Jesus said 'Out of the mouth of babes, right?
                Paddy
                Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Hello monthly abstinencers! I've not posted on this forum before but as i have reached 22 days AF now i thought i could. Feeling much more motivated, generally more content and in control and that is all down to you lot. Thankyou for being there. B x

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Morning All - you were up early Bella!!!

I am now 3 weeks and 4 days AF and feeling great. I thinkl the meds I am on for other things are also helping a good deal!!

4th Day back at work after all the muck ups with meds and felling stronger every day - physically and mentally.

Still have not had a ciggy - yes!!!!

Love to all, have a wonderful Thursday.

Cashy

xxxxxx
                    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

Oy Cashy, you're a week behind there in Aussie land. Better get a new calendar, ha, ha.
                      Paddy
                      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Friday, 2 March 2007

OK OK Paddy

And what does int matter in the great scheme of things!

My days are melding into one since a month off - i'm lucky if I know my Global satellite position at the moment!!

cashy from last week

xxxxx
                        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                        X