Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF day Tuesday25 Sept..look its right !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mick;1382671 wrote: Meant to say ..out early doors tomorrow..0615..will try and start the thread..if not any takers???nows your chance to get your name in lights :H
    Mick you're a nut....but a loveable one. I plan on having a really good nights sleep what will check to see if any lights are on in the morning.

No word from anyone today and hopefull I won't hear anything tonight. Got my report finished at work and plan on cooking a Prime Rib roast for supper. Looking forward to a couple of premieres on the telly.

Fixed that hole in the balloon and am up again. Have a good night all......PPQ

Comment

Good morning everyone
      Not alot has happened here since my last post apart from a lovely nights sleep. I dont understand that I can have the best night sleep but wake up with a stiff neck that hurts. ........
      Right im off to tackle the witches and see what lovely pressies they have left for me.
      Hope you all have a great day/night xxxx
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Hey Kas,
        That's interesting to know that you can bathe away aches & pains with epsom salts. Didn't we actually do that as kids (if I remember correctly)??
        Have fun with your air photography

Greetings all Abbers, hope everyone had a good AF Tuesday, I did
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Vitamin D checking in for duty

just a quick note about supplementing with D, there are two forms: 'regular D' and D3 which is 87% more bioavailable. no comparison.....get the D3. better still eat a primal diet rich in organ meats such as liver, also free-range chicken and duck eggs are chockers full of fat soluble vitamins. I don't like the taste of liver so I buy an organic preservative-free pate' or liverwurst and put that on cucumber chips.

Mick to answer your question, I watched the lecture on the lipophilia hypothesis purely for my personal growth/knowledge and yes.... relaxation. incidentally it makes tons more sense than the energy balance hypothesis which is flat wrong (calories in = calories out). now if we were machines with a limited number of variables (such as a battery and an electric motor) then the laws of thermodynamics would be much more likely to relate to human life. such is not the case. it's hormone balance that determines the percentage of body fat we maintain. amazingly exercise and caloric restriction have a statistically meaningless effect on body composition per Johns Hopkins and Harvard medical research that curiously has not been picked up by mainstream media.

in other news..... AF Tuesdays rock!

be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;1382879 wrote:
            .... it's hormone balance that determines the percentage of body fat we maintain. amazingly exercise and caloric restriction have a statistically meaningless effect on body composition per Johns Hopkins and Harvard medical research that curiously....

be well everyone
            :what?:

What are you saying? That just because I'm getting older and my hormones are dropping that I'm destined to carry more body fat?

I'm having a hard time digesting that. Not well at all....
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

no worries Can Too! it's primarily the hormones insulin and leptin that are in play here and they are greatly affected by your macronutrient ratio. they are both hijacked by a high carbohydrate diet to not only force the body to store fat and increase triglyceride levels, but to prevent you from using fat for energy (what a dirty trick!), and last but not least, to remove the 'I'm full' feeling after you've eaten enough by blocking leptin feedback. a triple whammy!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Quick stop in...the home gym is almost ready. The home gym will be complete tomorrow. Stopped at actual gym today....and my pecs are screaming sore!

That is another thing Epsom Salts...helped with. Since my detox on Sunday....from just regular life....I think I will let them be.

Tomorrow is fun day....and I can't wait. So excited....I can barely sleep! I

Comment

Working...
                X