X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Sober October

Stinkin stink bugs!
    I saw that piece on GMA papmom - gross
    Matilda grabs a couple every day & just plays with them until they are stinkin dead :H :H
    If I can finf my book 'Radical Manifestation' by Colin Tipping I'll send it to you. It may be just what you need to help pull you out of the $$ hole

Greetings Rusty, star & everyone!
    Yes YB was here along with the rest of the family. The youngest Will left with a brand new self-induced black eye!!!! The kid will not stop climbing......
    EB had fun singing happy BD & can't wait until his 4th BD next month. It was so crazy here I never got a chance to take a single picture though, darn.

Hope everyone has a cozy night
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Simply Sober October

Short check in before bed. Nice lazy day today-late breakie, read the paper, clip coupons (I am the eternal optimist aren't I??), lunch, work on baby quilt, shower, change and go to Sis's for Neph's 19th Bday family party.
      He and everyone else really liked the quilt!! His other 2 aunties (my BIL's sisters) were shocked that I made it, but in a good way. I don't think I've ever really impressed them before and although I wasn't really looking for their reaction I was inwardly pleased. My sis loves it and my other nephew thought it was very cool. We started the conversation about what his quilt will be. He likes argyle. This will be a challenge for sure :H.
      Great food-took enough home for at least 2 meals so i am set until Friday.
      tomorrow will be another easy going day unless I decide to go crazy with more yard cleanup and/or wash the car. It could happen. Or, I could work on the baby quilt some more. this particular pattern is very fun.
      Sounds like you had a nice time tonite as well Lav! Sorry to hear about Will's injury. My sis was on a first name basis with the local ER when the boys were younger. Hope this isn't a pattern with Will.
      So when Matilda plays with the bugs, so they stink her up when they die? they have got to taste horrible!!
      See everyone in the morning!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Simply Sober October

Good evening beautiful ones. I am Back! Actually, I got back on Friday but have been taking care of one thing or another, you know the drill that comes from even a week or ten days away. Seattle was lovely, glorious sunny weather. I spent much of the time on the water, even our hotel was at the end of a pier and sea birds flew by my balcony and caught bits of bread in the air. Pikes Market was a few blocks away and as colorful and bustling as I remembered, I saw wonderful art in exhibits and public installations, and I enjoyed fresh local seafood at least twice a day. I never stepped into a car or bus, just used boats and feet. And one huge ferris wheel. Perfect for me. It will be fun to think of you, Star, on foot and horse when you have your ranch vacation. I was glad to leave town but equally happy to return, the mark of a good vacation. Last year I met my first stink bug, Lav, while visiting the New Jersey woods. They were digging at the screens on my bedroom which was on the third floor of my cousin's house, they are relentless. I had a good time anyway, but I am easily amused. I need to catch up with everybody gradually but I did want to say that I loved what you said Rusty about how we can look for relief, distraction, meaning, fun, nurture, etc. in all sorts of things (non nutritious food, shopping, etc.) in the same way we did with alcohol, and with the same result. When the rush is over, we can be left in a sorry state. And Pappy, don't despair, Lord Bird Heart was left in financial ruin by his first wife and had to start completely over in midlife. There is a light. Her compulsive gambling addiction led to the loss of their home and all of their assets, she even sold his late mother's jewelry and conned his relatives; a dreadful suicide attempt from which she fortunately survived ran up over a hundred thousand dollars in medical bills, and beneath her lovely face and fine piano playing she was a sad and desperate sociopath. I, in fact, have gotten a lot of mileage in my marriage by not being her:H. The point of this, however, is that he took care of his own problem (drinking), and started over financially with nothing (probably easier in some respects than treading water as you have been doing). I know you can find your way out. I have never helped Lord Bird Heart, he has his own bank account separate from mine and pays his way. He has plenty of money now (by our standards), good credit although he never uses it, and peace of mind. While I have always been good with money, I have learned a lot from him about resilience and hope. Goodnight for now, Chill, Rustop, Cyn, et. al., welcome Tip, kisses Dill. Love, Ladybird.
        may we be well

Comment

Simply Sober October

Good morning Octobers friends!

An almost frost on the pumpkins this morning at 39 degrees! Chilly but refreshing

Nice to see you back LBH! Happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation. I'm just a little jealous
          You are absolutely right about the stink bugs, they are relentless, devious & most of all stinky :H

papmom, think cheap this week :H
          I should introduce you to my daughter. She's the queen of living cheap, honestly! She can stretch a buck like no one I've ever seen!!!!! I usually send her home with a bag full of leftovers & stuff I pick up on 2 for 1 sales.

OK, time to get my day going. Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Monday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X